RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

Brian Martin

Best greyhound commentator by a country mile. Hopefully back full time soon. Will start watching Wanganui races again. Mark and Co ok but Brian next level. Just have to get rid of nzs worst commentator in Trevor Wilks now. Have not had a bet at Addington for about 4 yrs now and won’t until he goes.

16 hours ago, bus stop said:

Interesting statment cant see how a commentator good or bad can have a effect on a punt out come. 

Because I work and listen to races on radio and the number of time he has the first 4 dogs wrong when crossing the line is unbelievable. You only know when they give the divvy. He's more worried where his tip is.

4 hours ago, Seddon said:

Because I work and listen to races on radio and the number of time he has the first 4 dogs wrong when crossing the line is unbelievable. You only know when they give the divvy. He's more worried where his tip is.

You are so right Seddon and we all know this. Trying to fathom his calls on live trackside is hard enough so listening on Radio is just a joke. Trev has given a great service to our sport and is a genuine "Nice Guy", but there comes a time when Common sense must prevail...There are several young callers in the Wings and tomorrow another will be given an opportunity at Palmerston to remind us what calling could be like if the system was fair. Good luck Brian for tomorrow, 

5 hours ago, GOM said:

Two dog races. not likely to be much excitement.

Isn't he calling two of the earlier race as well? They might be exciting.

Two dog races can be exciting, or at least interesting. I've always wondered if it would be worth trying some two dog straight-line lure coursing on the thoroughbred tracks during the "Summer Festival of Racing" or whatever it is where you have big crowds of once-a-year racing patrons in attendance. Have GAP dogs wandering around for people to pet, have the public get up close to the racing, give them something to watch between horse races. The surface might not be good enough, and they like to keep the grass (far too) long nowadays so it might not work.

I've done alright betting on match races in the past with the Shootout or whatever in Oz so count me as someone who it excited for the two dog races, regardless of whether or not the best racecaller in the country is calling them..

BRING BACK BRIAN MARTIN NOW !!!

To have this talent sitting on the sideline is typical of our racing industry leaders lack of understanding and decision-making capabilities!

Unlike Brian Martin.... NZ Racing leaders lack Commitment and Passion !

You listening TAB ?

16 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

BRING BACK BRIAN MARTIN NOW !!!

To have this talent sitting on the sideline is typical of our racing industry leaders lack of understanding and decision-making capabilities!

Unlike Brian Martin.... NZ Racing leaders lack Commitment and Passion !

You listening TAB ?

Could not agree with you more. I spoke directly with Brian who stated he would be happy to come back if a place became available, but he wasn't interested in pushing anyone out. He also was very supportive of Rosso. We'll just have to wait for now. Hopefully, an opportunity arises in the near future. A great commentator who is very much missed.

7 hours ago, Watsup said:

Personally I cannot stand Brian’s commentating I usually turn him off .just saying because not everyone thinks he’s great

Interested to no exactly what it is that you “cannot stand” about Brian’s call’s? Which current caller would you rate of a higher standard all round, meaning pre race tipping and overall in depth knowledge of greyhound racing as a whole?

On 5/7/2019 at 8:14 AM, Watsup said:

Just find his loud voice irritating l like Dave McDonald and Jason teaze

Mate... Each to their own, I appreciate that, but wow... I consider Brian Martin better than anyone we have going around at the moment. I respect everything that Roso and co. have contributed to the industry since Brian's departure and even before, but man oh man.. Bring him back lol, for the delight of many others as well as myself!