RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Terry Bailey hang your head in shame

For those of you who watched the live telecast of the G1 William Reid Stakes, I hope you were as ashamed of the commentary by Terry Bailey as I was. How many times did he pronounce “Voodoo Lad has snapped a leg!”? 4? If ever the anti-horse racing lunatics needed a spokesperson, they got it tonight. Idiot and very insensitive imho.

4 hours ago, Kloppite said:

Trying to understand your logic here - if he doesn't mention it, it's like it didn't happen and the anti-horse racing brigade have nothing to concern themselves with?

Don't mention the Holocaust.

Maybe you should ask them to keep the cameras on the poor animal as it gets put down? He could have said the horse had broken down - sounds far better than his several times referring to “ snapped a leg”!

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

Maybe you should ask them to keep the cameras on the poor animal as it gets put down? He could have said the horse had broken down - sounds far better than his several times referring to “ snapped a leg”!

Broken down probably more sensitive I agree , then after it should be made clear that the horse had been euthanased as I don't think it does the racing industry any good shying away from it . 

6 hours ago, Kloppite said:

Trying to understand your logic here - if he doesn't mention it, it's like it didn't happen and the anti-horse racing brigade have nothing to concern themselves with?

Don't mention the Holocaust.

Maybe he could have called out all the horses that didn't "snap their legs" crossing the line! :rolleyes: