CBT

6 horses I’m looking forward to seeing at Rosehill tomorrow.....

31 posts in this topic

Race 2 #14 Classique Legend

Les Bridge has yet another superstar on his hands with this boy. Unbeaten in 2 effortless wins at Kenso and is ready to take the next step. 

Race 3 #10 Shraaoh

Ran on from well back to run a good second last start and will appreciate the soft track having won at Flemington over a similar trip and track condition in November. Will be fully fit third up for this assignment.

Race 4 #1 The Autumn Sun 

Best colt in the country and I’m hoping a dominant win in this race will encourage Messara to have a crack at Winx in the QE (this race needs to happen!)

Race 5 #4 Winx

The sole reason I’ll be flying to Sydney at 6am tomorrow morning to see the best thoroughbred ever to grace a racetrack. Her second to last race. I don’t think she’ll truely be appreciated until she retires after this next race in the QE. Will soak in every second of the atmosphere and burn a memory in my mind that will last forever!

Race 6 #2 Avilius 

This horse was clearly not 100% last start in the Australian Cup slicing through the field only to peak on his run 100m out. You can guarantee that James Cummings has left no stone unturned for this race and he should bounce back strongly to dominate here.

Race 8 #1 Redzel

2 Everests. Wet track. Enough said. 59.5 won’t be enough to stop this boy and the wet track only makes me more confident. Will be sent straight to the front and should kick away again like he did in his second Everest victory.

Expecting K Mac to have a HUGE day riding at least half the card. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mattski said:

Is a heavy 8 a prob for Avilus? Do Danz.

I am keen on Midterm in R3

They had 3.5mm overnight and the track will be a loose heavy as opposed to a puggy heavy so I’m not too concerned about the track. Most horses should get through it. 

A lot of the form analysts have been put off Avilius after his Australian Cup run where he was a red hot $1.80 favourite. The track was pretty firm that day and he didn’t let down the last 200m after receiving a perfect run in transit so he may have been feeling it.

If he had won the Australian Cup he would be odds on here. Just means we get a better price. 

Good luck with Midterm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CBT said:

They had 3.5mm overnight and the track will be a loose heavy as opposed to a puggy heavy so I’m not too concerned about the track. Most horses should get through it. 

A lot of the form analysts have been put off Avilius after his Australian Cup run where he was a red hot $1.80 favourite. The track was pretty firm that day and he didn’t let down the last 200m after receiving a perfect run in transit so he may have been feeling it.

If he had won the Australian Cup he would be odds on here. Just means we get a better price. 

Good luck with Midterm. 

Avilius had eye issue that day according to stipes , Prix Neil up against Cracksman and Finche looked pretty soft , has decent form in France on soft and it gets deep there at times so soft is soft. Had his arse handed to him by Eminent at Deauville though in 2017 but that was a Moore masterclass as the commentator called it and I think Avilius has got better and Eminent regressed. 

Midterm got a real touch class, the mum was a champion and he was Derby favorite for a while when with Sir Micheal Stoute. With his breeding does seem a shame he has had the snip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Avilius had eye issue that day according to stipes , Prix Neil up against Cracksman and Finche looked pretty soft , has decent form in France on soft and it gets deep there at times so soft is soft. Had his arse handed to him by Eminent at Deauville though in 2017 but that was a Moore masterclass as the commentator called it and I think Avilius has got better and Eminent regressed. 

Midterm got a real touch class, the mum was a champion and he was Derby favorite for a while when with Sir Micheal Stoute. With his breeding does seem a shame he has had the snip.

I heard about the eye issue. Would that cause him not to stretch out the last 200? Maybe. After getting the perfect run he should’ve finished off a lot better than he did. He will appreciate the wet track today and is a lot fitter than most of the field coming into this 4th up.

I’m not convinced on Eminent. Avilius has gone to another level since arriving in Australia.

Midterm ran well fresh up and wouldn’t surprise if he won.

Glorious day in Sydney today.

83BE6D9A-0B6C-42CC-8DB1-6032FACA3923.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CBT said:

I heard about the eye issue. Would that cause him not to stretch out the last 200? Maybe. After getting the perfect run he should’ve finished off a lot better than he did. He will appreciate the wet track today and is a lot fitter than most of the field coming into this 4th up.

I’m not convinced on Eminent. Avilius has gone to another level since arriving in Australia.

Midterm ran well fresh up and wouldn’t surprise if he won.

Glorious day in Sydney today.

83BE6D9A-0B6C-42CC-8DB1-6032FACA3923.jpeg

Shraaoh , looks just good today, jockey imho best rider of a stayer in OZ , trainer enough said , featherweight,  goes on ground , superb run last time , distance suits perfect  . I just think he's bet of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Looks like ordinary people go to the races in Aussie.

Crickey deek, i had better inform NZs racing leaders.

That cab ride from train to entrance at Rosehill bloody expensive .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Rum said:

That cab ride from train to entrance at Rosehill bloody expensive .

General admission ticket includes free public transport to and from the races except for the airport to city train ($39 :ph34r:)

9D815CA0-301A-4F4F-A3B5-0B21E623FEBF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a bit of a fuck around to get here (3 trains from Circular Quay).

Flemington does it way better. One train from Flinders direct to the racecourse. And you can’t beat Flemington for a racecourse. The lawn out the front of the public stand here is so piddly. It couldn’t fit a chicken coop on it. You feel like a caged hen here whereas Flemington you feel like free range. 

Great to be here though! Might get to a soft 6 before the first with this weather. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Trump said:

One down - five to go! A legend :) altho I think we are safe with Winx!

I thought I was watching Shane Dye on Veandercross again Ernie! :rolleyes:

McEvoy to rectify himself in the next.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Avilius had eye issue that day according to stipes , Prix Neil up against Cracksman and Finche looked pretty soft , has decent form in France on soft and it gets deep there at times so soft is soft. Had his arse handed to him by Eminent at Deauville though in 2017 but that was a Moore masterclass as the commentator called it and I think Avilius has got better and Eminent regressed. 

Midterm got a real touch class, the mum was a champion and he was Derby favorite for a while when with Sir Micheal Stoute. With his breeding does seem a shame he has had the snip.

Nice work with Midterm Red Rum. Good positive ride taking off early at the 600 and sustained a long sprint to the line. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CBT said:

Nice work with Midterm Red Rum. Good positive ride taking off early at the 600 and sustained a long sprint to the line. B)

Haha , was on Shraaoh but have always liked Midterm , followed his UK career  and backed it when nosed out Flemington in Spring at good odds.. 2 bucks the place Shraaoh so cost neutral nothing lost.Was a slog to post. I see another Ludlow hurdler won first Mornington. Mr Shuhood,  the two that beat it in 6 runner maiden hurdle there in October are woeful horses beaten hundreds of lengths since so Waller picked him out well . He looks OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

You almost managed to stop even the mighty Autumn Sun. I fear for Winx today, I really do.....

I wish he had...I was on Arrogant @ $26's ....before that was on Watch This Space @ $31's. Summing up my day! :rcf-monkey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

You almost managed to stop even the mighty Autumn Sun. I fear for Winx today, I really do.....

This’ll buy a round of beers boys. Mark Merlino the only bookie game enough to offer $1.06! :ph34r:

F9F525C5-7256-481F-8AED-CEC93C931931.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Well CBT ,I hope you worked a few exotics around the horses with close Kiwi connections !

We got Avilius Gary!! Got the $$ back off Rob Waterhouse.

I’ve met the owners of Yes Yes Yes here. Bloody good country folk. B)

0D82B9AA-2653-4EFA-8140-6509288AAA46.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

You betting on the nod? Ha ha ha ha 

Mate, this guy George I’ve met on course today used to bet with Bill and Robbie on course. He told me some stories about them not paying him out on his winning bets and forcing him to stay in a motel until Monday until they paid him out! :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now