RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

Syndicators

I do chuckle how they Trump themselves up

.a jakleberry horse won today.75k at th ready to run.with gst  I'm guessing up to 110 to 120 k so far.probably 5k to the owners .after a training bill for the month probably in the 3 to 4 region   150 bucks every 10 percent share.i am 8nterested to know if Fortuna take a cut or do they charge a management fee. Let's hope it will excel over ground in the future.it will need to if it's going to go to pay for itself.

We all know lots unlikely any horse will pay but I'm not sure if the syndicates  should get the praise and tv exposure they do. The tv guys are all over them.

Of course never seem to ask how much they paid for them.

Was only the horse's second start Tim to be fair after running second at his debut.

On the other hand you make no mention of the same syndicator also having Melody Belle syndicated. Purchased $57,500. Won  $1,625,406.00

Go Racing had the winner of the Oaks on Saturday so some of them are going pretty well wouldn't you say.  

I'm just questioning putting them up on a pedestal.they r in it for one reason.the volume of horses syndicated by our main syndicates is pretty big

.hardly any pay their way.as soon as they have a winner the media seem to flock to them. i asked do syndicates take management fees or get a cut and also thought it was a fair question to ask them what they paid for a horse.

I guess melody belle is great example.of course the same stable paid 2.2 million for 0ne  a while ago at it won 30 bucks,don't c the media buzzing around them then. As for the rotorua winner today.i wouldn't say it was headed much further.hhope for owners I'm wrong of course. Maybe if we got dollars back to the investors compared to dollars spent my guess it would make mainzeal a better investment.

All I'm saying don't make heroes out of these guys.

You know the odds Tim. Sundicators are salesmen and members want a share in a horse, sometime 10 people take a 5 or 10% share, spend $100 a month which they don't miss and get a kick out of seeing it race or getting a photograph on the wall. It's called " business" but you already know this.

Tim, I’m not here to defend Syndicators. There are successful and unsuccessful syndications in racing, some involving large Syndicates whilst others involve small numbers. Redzel, Melody Belle, etc are notable successful ones. But any entry into racing is for “interest” unless you’re a breeder. Don’t go in to make money. Go in for the interest. This applies particularly in NZ and Australia. Some work some don’t. So I think your criticism based on your opening remarks is probably a little unfair to Syndicators.JMHO

Red Jakkal will win the Queensland Derby. I do not own it. Im a punter who rates him.

Syndicators offer a set fee, weekly emails, youtube film,financial accounts and a phone to ring, that gets answered. You know what your syndicate manager is thinking and what your horse is doing.It is worth the money that you spend.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Tim, I’m not here to defend Syndicators. There are successful and unsuccessful syndications in racing, some involving large Syndicates whilst others involve small numbers. Redzel, Melody Belle, etc are notable successful ones. But any entry into racing is for “interest” unless you’re a breeder. Don’t go in to make money. Go in for the interest. This applies particularly in NZ and Australia. Some work some don’t. So I think your criticism based on your opening remarks is probably a little unfair to Syndicators.JMHO

Very good advice, anyone who gets into racing for the money, are barking up the wrong tree, if your lucky to have a win or two, the first question most non racing people ask, is how much money do you get.

I think the point many of you are missing is  that most who get involved in syndicates are not in it for the money , they just want an interest in a horse and the chance of competing at the highest level .  Buying into the better bred horses improves the chances of getting to the big time , they just want a bit of fun and if they strike the right horse something to chat about . 

As for Jackleberry , he's in with a chance , two promising filly in the oaks and others , he's a horse that's bred to stay .

All good the original post is that tv and  press seem to think  these syndicates are god. They ain't and some have no scruples.horses are sold and land in places  like .hk   at a price that far exceeds what the shareholders receive for their share. Queensland derby from a midweek 1200 at rotorua. Could happen .u could get a great price now.grab it.

To be fair ,Galvin like a moth to a flame when no Te Akau heirachy around and an interview goin begging.

Luck of the draw isn't it.

I cut out a Te Akau advertisement , was def going in til Dad got crook, turned out to be Shezathinka .

Put $100 ew on her in the Oaks at around $17 or $19 to alleviate some of the pain if she won.

So only $200 down really and good luck to the Syndicate ,still wish them well

Shezathinka was the 2nd best looking filly in the Oaks field in my opinion... behind Sentimental Miss. 

She a beautiful big filly who looked to me as if another year would see her turn into something very very good. 

Her brain too will have matured just a little more, which would be a help as she was getting just a little on the toe.