poundforpound

The question everyone seems frightened to ask...

41 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gubellini said:

winx21 surely you jest?! Nathan Guy was an unmitigated disaster as Racing Minister and his successor David Bennett was only marginally better. The longer the Nats are out of power the better off racing will be.

Think he's pulling one there Gub........as for that last sentence......things ain't that crash hot now are they...promises, promises......:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, winx21 said:

You are right pound for pound we need to get Nathan Guy back ASAP as racing minister.

Top bloke who I'm sure along with  John Allen and Glenda given a another term with National sorted NZ racing out 

They were on the right track just needed more time

You've got to be f#@%king kidding. The only person that I've ever been able to hold a candle next to one ear and see the flame through the other....

28 minutes ago, Berri said:

You've got to be f#@%king kidding. The only person that I've ever been able to hold a candle next to one ear and see the flame through the other....

You could probably apply that to most of the current Government though Berri....;)

4 hours ago, winx21 said:

You are right pound for pound we need to get Nathan Guy back ASAP as racing minister.

Top bloke who I'm sure along with  John Allen and Glenda given a another term with National sorted NZ racing out 

They were on the right track just needed more time

Natham Guy would have to be one of the ultimate failures at Parliament....a group one winner in that role....His oversight of the Racing Act under his tenure was a mitigated disaster...no one could argue there but the results of his other portfolios, namely Agriculture, Fisheries and the MPI are of epic Winx-like success proportions - not.

In agriculture, an explosion of dairy, pollution and the abysmal failure of the farming sectors's research performance leaves one short breathed. Add to that the shocking performances and effectiveness of NAIT (just recently informed another couple of hundred farms affected), and the MPI's failure to uphold the most basic principles in the fishing industry has left simple people gob smacked.

But in horse racing he had completely lost the plot. He is a failure and should not be a member of parliament. He has nothing to offer apart from being a wind cover to a candle.

The longer the Nats, Labour & Greens are out of power the better off racing will be ! :rcf-laughing-2:

When Winston Peters & NZ First are gone so will hope of any other politician being even slightly interested in the Racing Industry!  Just like the previous 5 decades!

I'm definitely taking the piss,

love Winston or hate him,anyone who cares about the racing industry couldn't seriously argue that he is the only politician that gives a shit about the racing industry and is our only hope.

While its taking longer than hoped for change all the right people are involved (messara Mackenzie etc) and what they looking to do with nzrb is brilliant getting rid of people like allen and glenda

who I doubt had been to a racemeeting before being appointed on the board.

pound for pound do you seriously think a national government with there chosen racing minister would be doing better than what Winston has done? 

9 hours ago, winx21 said:

I'm definitely taking the piss,

love Winston or hate him,anyone who cares about the racing industry couldn't seriously argue that he is the only politician that gives a shit about the racing industry and is our only hope.

While its taking longer than hoped for change all the right people are involved (messara Mackenzie etc) and what they looking to do with nzrb is brilliant getting rid of people like allen and glenda

who I doubt had been to a racemeeting before being appointed on the board.

pound for pound do you seriously think a national government with there chosen racing minister would be doing better than what Winston has done? 

Just another ranter Winx21

The Racing industry owns these problems, the racing industry must fix them.

The government, regardless of who it is, left, right, or centre, owes the industry nothing.

Stop feeling entitled, if this country has spare reserves they should be spent on, roading, health, child care, education, drug education / control, ......there are the important things, not subsidizing an industry / sport that cannot and will not help itself.

We have enormous industry assets, real estate, great breeders, trainers & jockeys....they’re your assets....but they never get used efficiently.

Your weakness in NZ Racing has two major fronts .......firstly appalling code / club leadership is the primary problem, and the secondary issue, we keep producing a shite product no one wants or will buy internationally.

We are to world Racing what Lada was to a United Germany .... that’s the truth.

The 20 year plan should involve a completely new way of administering the industry from the club level up, and a focus on using our enormous assets to produce a better product, or new gambling products, that actually has / have global appeal.

Stop whinging Winx21, these are our problems and we should fix them rather than bleat like needy entitled spoilt kids.

A couple of notes to close, 95% of NZ citizens couldn’t give a flying fork about racing, we’re nothing, and secondly, if you think a Winston / NZF orchestrated AW track in the wax or polymer style is going to help save this industry you’re incredibly naive. 

There have been many multi national companies set up successfully in NZ. Their main theme is systems, personnel and process. Their businesses are scalable and that is why they are in NZ. Imagine McDonalds allowing a bunch of amateurs to set up shop in any location of choice and then expecting them to pump out a service and product that was well researched, executed and accepted by an international customer base. It can't work. That's effectively what NZ racing has been doing. I agree that government shouldn't have anything to do with racing IF it didn't have the casting vote. But they do so they unfortunately have subjucated us to having the biggest role.  In this role they must assist the industry under the rule book they enforced on us (and unfortunately supported by our idiot leaders of the past).

I agree with R4P....racing needs to govern itself differently and remove as much government orientated political interference as it can. But the real issue we have is that who is going to develop and execute such a challenging plan which removes the conventional power bases, eradicates mediocrity  and makes racing slightly relevant again? So would I put forward P4P's name as one of the protagonists that could/ should become part of this evolution....absolutely.

Mate....why don't you do it? Could be fun....It would be like getting being an Armenian getting into a cage with a bunch of drunk Turks 

you are kidding!-'would I put forward P4P's name as one of the protagonists that could/ should become part of this evolution....absolutely.

That volatile temperament is not suited to the very things you admire in the way multi nationals approach business.

One Race was the saviour...what happened?

The Racing industry owns these problems, the racing industry must fix them.

The government, regardless of who it is, left, right, or centre, owes the industry nothing.

Stop feeling entitled, if this country has spare reserves they should be spent on, roading, health, child care, education, drug education / control, ......there are the important things, not subsidizing an industry / sport that cannot and will not help itself. 

We have enormous industry assets, real estate, great breeders, trainers & jockeys....they’re your assets....but they never get used efficiently.

Your weakness in NZ Racing has two major fronts .......firstly appalling code / club leadership is the primary problem, and the secondary issue, we keep producing a shite product no one wants or will buy internationally.

The 20 year plan should involve a completely new way of administering the industry from the club level up, and a focus on using our enormous assets to produce a better product, or new gambling products, that actually has / have global appeal.

Stop whinging Winx21, these are our problems and we should fix them rather than bleat like needy entitled spoilt kids.

A couple of notes to close, 95% of NZ citizens couldn’t give a flying fork about racing, we’re nothing, and secondly, if you think a Winston / NZF orchestrated AW track in the wax or polymer style is going to help save this industry you’re incredibly naive. 

I couldn't disagree more p4p

For one don't agree with all weather tracks but have to many big names eg ellis calling for them .better spending money on our good turf tracks if the promised money arrives.

P4p you must be aware how australia racing works and how much there state government supports it

if nzracing is a lada what you complaining about is some rust on the outside when the real problem is the engine falling apart.

getting the racing act redone, getting rid of the board and the hundreds of millions they have wasted,all the bloated salarys down at wellington,outsourcing tab

that's what will save this industry,

those responsible for the racing act should of been hung drawn and quartered or at least barred from the industry.

the damage they did and ignoring warnings at the time is the reason why we are in this position

how much once the changes are made do you its will be worth to the industry? also not propping up dogs and trots earning what is actually bet on our product.

You sound like you are a businessman ,surely you acknowledge the huge sums of money the politically picked board over the years have wasted? 

they were accountable to nobody and the government let that happen,cant see Nathan guy handling allen how Winston has

I know there are plenty of issues regarding nztr and how they manage the industry but if they get a huge boost in income

and get stakes up a lot of the issues we are facing will sort themselves out.

we need to be racing for a min stk of 20k to make a difference lets hope Winston can get the recommendations implemented don't you agree p4p?

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I don’t think the Lada had anything to do with a United German. 

It was a Russian car using old tooling from Fiat, if my memory serves me correctly. 

I think that you are getting mixed up with the Trabant, a funny little two stroke car that was manufactured in East Germany prior to the reunification of Germany. 

It (the car) was as useful to a United Germany as Nathan Guy was to the Racing Industry during his reign. :rcf-happy-5:

45 minutes ago, Insider said:

I don’t think the Lada had anything to do with a United German. 

It was a Russian car using old tooling from Fiat, if my memory serves me correctly. 

I think that you are getting mixed up with the Trabant, a funny little two stroke car that was manufactured in East Germany prior to the reunification of Germany. 

It (the car) was as useful to a United Germany as Nathan Guy was to the Racing Industry during his reign. :rcf-happy-5:

You are of course correct.

Lada was to Russia what Trentham and the WRC is to NZ Racing, apologies for the fox pass.

I make the point again though, the Trabant is to a United Germany what NZ is to global racing