poundforpound

The question everyone seems frightened to ask...

41 posts in this topic

As an industry are we going to continue to support our Minister given his cyclical xenophobic anti Asian stance ?

Two thirds of the world’s Muslims live in Asian countries...one billion plus people....yet we apparently support ( some would say worship ) a Minister who has  historically peddled an anti Asian & anti immigration manifesto for years now.

You need to make a decision after Friday’s tragedy because state sanctioned anti Asian / Muslim policies might win votes amongst the red neck community...but they also fuel the fire of and empower the alt right populists.

I can only presume Winston is cringing with embarrassment given his past, and I know this industry will be in denial about this, but it’s fact, and we need to have these conversations and decide exactly where we stand and what we’ll tolerate and accept otherwise we’ll degenerate into the worst of what we see in Queensland and some USA states.

Any thoughts ? Or should we just chug along with our blinkers on and pretend this sad chapter never happened ?

Whisky Winn has always had the attitude of "me first, me second and fark the rest of you".

You don't have to look far to see mountains of evidence of this.

Is he cringing with embarrassment? I sincerely doubt it. He is such a thick skinned career politician, he is happy to change his stance on any given day.

His stomach tattoo says it all .

Watched him at a press conference yesterday,he looked like a beaten man.Head bowed,appeared to shuffle across the stage,the bigger question is for the Labour team.Given his anti Asian stance should they distance themselves from him.

As far as the racing industry is concerned,leadership is not a quality that is obvious at this point,so unless the Labour Party do something about him and that decision trickles down to NZ Racing he is staying.

Leadership comes from the top so it will be the Captains call.

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Watched him at a press conference yesterday,he looked like a beaten man.Head bowed,appeared to shuffle across the stage,the bigger question is for the Labour team.Given his anti Asian stance should they distance themselves from him.

As far as the racing industry is concerned,leadership is not a quality that is obvious at this point,so unless the Labour Party do something about him and that decision trickles down to NZ Racing he is staying.

Leadership comes from the top so it will be the Captains call.

Don't hold your breath there Crusty......bite the hand that feeds ?....don't think so....

Read the bit about WP visiting Indonesia and Turkey.

Is this not brazen hypocrisy ? 

How can you reconcile his xenophobia with this obsequious statement ?

Christchurch mosque shootings: Simon Bridges says 'emotional' staffer deleted migration petition after shooting - NZ Herald

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12214017

That Erdogan is a nutter himself and should be refused any attempt to enter NZ.His reference to grandfathers and fathers returning to NZ on coffins is abbhorent.Better said Winnie over there to do some arse licking which he is an expert at.Hope Winnie can give him some hairstyling tips.

Looks like eating at a Turkish restaurant is off limits.

I think that Winston is the best racing minister since that portfolio was created.  Accordingly he should have our support and encouragement.  I seriously doubt if I would ever vote for him, but I wish to extend him my support in his role as Racing Minister.

The comment about his cyclical xenophobic anti Asian nature is a new one to me.  I thought 453 grams meant cynical rather than cyclical, but Winnie's opinion does go around in circles, so maybe cyclical is the correct adjective.

Cyclical....because every three years ( that’s a cycle )  he rolls his xenophobic policies out so his red neck grey haired old disciples can sit in their rocking chairs whilst dribbling out the side of their mouths, and leaking urine everywhere, and rant about Muslims and commies whilst conveniently neglecting to mention that a) everyone is an immigrant in NZ, or b) that the new wave of fresh blood drives our economy and pays the welfare benefits for these leaky old bastards who worship the other subject of this thread.

Your Honour, his description of the demented disciple of the Trough is accurate, but Sir, I must protest at his picture painting of my bladder and dribble functioning. Sure, I do know many blokes who tend to miss the bowl, but it's never been a problem for me, given the wonderful act of nature bestowed upon me. I'm still known as Jurassic Porker around the rest home now. So lay off us older wiser folk sonny. 

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

vAs an industry are we going to continue to support our Minister given his cyclical xenophobic anti Asian stance ?

Two thirds of the world’s Muslims live in Asian countries...one billion plus people....yet we apparently support ( some would say worship ) a Minister who has  historically peddled an anti Asian & anti immigration manifesto for years now.

You need to make a decision after Friday’s tragedy because state sanctioned anti Asian / Muslim policies might win votes amongst the red neck community...but they also fuel the fire of and empower the alt right populists.

I can only presume Winston is cringing with embarrassment given his past, and I know this industry will be in denial about this, but it’s fact, and we need to have these conversations and decide exactly where we stand and what we’ll tolerate and accept otherwise we’ll degenerate into the worst of what we see in Queensland and some USA states.

Any thoughts ? Or should we just chug along with our blinkers on and pretend this sad chapter never happened ?

He is the racing minister , we are stuck with him and he seems to be protected from the hard questions , 20/30 years of anti Asian , Muslim rhetoric but hey , if he goes she goes . 

I think there is a plan to protect him , the NZ media  won't have ago and the media from Australia have been silenced , channel 85 news has been put off air so no Australian news or questions on sky which creates a problem for me .

I phoned to find out why ch 85 was broadcasting sport  , the reasons was Australia has been to graphic with it's coverage which is b/s , it's NEVER been stopped before , the worst atrocity's have been shown from around the world , events where kiwis have been killed .  Censorship / political interference on sky tv , amazing , I pointed out I have no desire to view graphic content of any event and that this censorship is unacceptable , I am in control of the remote and my subscription pays for ch85 NEWS .  What do they think they are achieving ?? , millions have viewed this horror event online , that's where the controls must be placed .

Here's my problem , if I  tell them to get stuffed which I should  I lose the racing channel , perhaps it's time both went , sky and the TAB .

A letter to the c e o is on the way .

Leo -on the world stage this week and, telling Turkey et al  to f off re their blaming NZ for this tragedy  I’d rather have him in Turkey right now versus any other politician we have on the NZ stage,

He’s akin to a 9yo Magistrate in the Perth Cup - he’ll give them one.

10 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Leo -on the world stage this week and, telling Turkey et al  to f off re their blaming NZ for this tragedy  I’d rather have him in Turkey right now versus any other politician we have on the NZ stage,

10 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

So do you think Erdogan or his advisers would’ve googled this rubbish from NZF whereby they demand all immigrants adopt “ NZ values “ and behave in a manner aligned with “ Christian views “

Help me understand which part of this shite is not racist and anti Muslim David 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12134425

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So do you think Erdogan or his advisers would’ve googled this rubbish from NZF whereby they demand all immigrants adopt “ NZ values “ and behave in a manner aligned with “ Christian values “

Help me understand which part of this shite is not racist and anti Muslim David 

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12134425

He won't be going anywhere any time soon , just been watching Fox ch88 , isis has called for retaliation but we wouldn't know that if we are relying on sky news Australia and I see Korean air has been showing the whole horrific event inflight . My beef is with our racing channel providers sky tv , censorship , the c e o should be fired .

Erdogan showed footage of the shooting at a political rally days later to shore up his muslim support. 

He is hard line anti-Christian and given his regional importance to both Russia and USA, I would rate him one of the most dangerous men in the planet. 

4 hours ago, Catalano said:

Erdogan showed footage of the shooting at a political rally days later to shore up his muslim support. 

He is hard line anti-Christian and given his regional importance to both Russia and USA, I would rate him one of the most dangerous men in the planet. 

Good post. A hard man to put down in any circumstances and hes plays them both off with aplomb

Greg

On 3/19/2019 at 7:37 AM, poundforpound said:

As an industry are we going to continue to support our Minister given his cyclical xenophobic anti Asian stance ?

im a month late on replying to this thread...  but it has made me think about how the  OP was laid out...

P4P you for some reason or another draw our attention to The Horse Racing Minister... and then contrast it with some Xenophobic message .. as though they have some Mutual relationship??

If you wish to make the Assertion... that Winston Peters is not for increasing immigration numbers Willy Nilly... rather he's more concerned about taking care of NZ first, you would be absolutely correct!

The events of the Christchurch attack.. have little to no bearing on his role as a racing minister..

so why marry the two??

Well historically ( around election time ) Winny has rolled out the xenophobic policies.

However, since CHCH he has been quite restrained, and I applaud that, just as I applaud the manner in which he’s restrained the coalition with regards to capital gains tax, and hopefully the legalization of marijuana 

I trust that answers your question .

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Well historically ( around election time ) Winny has rolled out the xenophobic policies.

However, since CHCH he has been quite restrained, and I applaud that, just as I applaud the manner in which he’s restrained the coalition with regards to capital gains tax, and hopefully the legalization of marijuana 

i acknowledge you're right about Winston restraining the capital gains tax.... thank goodness for that!!

gotta love these rare moments of Winston doing something right for NZ  *winks*

11 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Winston who is very approachable must have shunned you sometime.

As far as anti muslim goes ,former big cheese Stiassny was an avowed Zionist ,and I believe you were/are a big fan of...same.

15 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

As far as anti muslim goes ,former big cheese Stiassny was an avowed Zionist ,and I believe you were/are a big fan of...same.

Please stop trolling...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, flockofewes2 said:

Michael Stiassny,still a big cheese.