slam dunk

Eyesight deterioration -- TAB website

14 posts in this topic

I am needing to visit an eye specialist and was wondering why over recent weeks my eyesight has worsened. After careful thought I am confident its the new TAB website being the cause.

There is a reason only a limited number of fonts and type faces are popular on the web. However the TAB have chosen a rather obscure type and of top of that prevented the user increasing the proportional size. Some of the letters and numbers when viewed by someone with less than 100% eyesight are confusing requiring squinting and straining to view,. I think Black Kirrama has pointed it out so I'm not alone. Not only is it damaging to health but to the pocket as well. I have made numerous mistakes and final checking of the bets is impossible because of layout and type size. The choice of gray type against a gray background as well as blue against blue hardly a help either.

Seriously considering sending the opticians bill to TAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bombarded the Help Desk and The bloke  Des had on Radio. Emails, and Phone calls.Not one reply.

Used my full registered name/ TAB account number etc. Not a whisper.... THE FONT is disgusting.

I am aware of 23 people who have opened Aussie accounts  since the new site opened.

I will PM you some further thoughts.

One of the many " Needs to Happen Yesterday points is no 50c each way option.

Another point is

When you build a house there are progress payments and final settlement withhold options until the Purchaser is satisfied the contract has been fulfilled.

I have emailed that J Allen asking for details of how the contract was paid.

Does any one know ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the style sheets for the website the main fonts seem to be Rajdhani, Teko, Roboto and something described as TAB-UI-Font.

I presume UI stands for user interface.

Anyway the first two were designed by indiantypefoundry.com which suggests to me whoever is fiddling with the website resides in India or is Indian.

The question is how much of the website is of Indian origin and the reason I ask I doubt horse racing has a high profile in India hence explaining those developing the website unfamiliar with racehorse wagering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

I have bombarded the Help Desk and The bloke  Des had on Radio. Emails, and Phone calls.Not one reply.

Used my full registered name/ TAB account number etc. Not a whisper.... THE FONT is disgusting.

I am aware of 23 people who have opened Aussie accounts  since the new site opened.

I will PM you some further thoughts.

One of the many " Needs to Happen Yesterday points is no 50c each way option.

Another point is

When you build a house there are progress payments and final settlement withhold options until the Purchaser is satisfied the contract has been fulfilled.

I have emailed that J Allen asking for details of how the contract was paid.

Does any one know ??

From my experience with them I have been staggered beyond belief by the arrogance and incompetence exhibited in their customer relations. I cannot think of another organisation in NZ, not even AirNZ, that treats their customers so badly. My bank leaves them for dead. Of course banks have competition. Perhaps the TAB doesn't realise they have competition, and also their customers have the option of just not bothering. It is easy enough to get out of the habit of betting.

It is time some action was taken about an organisation that has gone totally rogue. In any other industry the stakeholders would have stood up by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MS26 said:

I struggle sometimes telling the difference between the numbers 5 & 6, 8 & 9 and the letters a & o on the new site. Balance is hard to see aswell. Shit font.

Yesssss.. I can tell you doing results for comps is a nightmare sometimes.. I have constant nose prints on my screen! 

5's and 6's are a bugger

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice the results page on the new webshite couldn't cope with the Flemington dead heaters , could only display 1 win dividend - absolutely farked this new webshite.

Add in the colour on colour graphics, the similar similar numbers and I concur , my eyes have definitely deteriorated over the last 2 months, could it be the new site ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Notice the results page on the new webshite couldn't cope with the Flemington dead heaters , could only display 1 win dividend - absolutely farked this new webshite.

Add in the colour on colour graphics, the similar similar numbers and I concur , my eyes have definitely deteriorated over the last 2 months, could it be the new site ??

I noticed that as well, but couldn't see the point mentioning it as it was almost to be expected. I wonder how much all the "fixes" for those basic faults are costing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god I read this post thought it was my eyes going as well,,

Does anybody think they could have done a worse job of this if they tried really hard ,,,doesn’t any of the senior administration read this site 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trans national software companies operate on the basis of farming out the boring nitty gritty tasks to various countries where they can pay the programmers a fraction of what it would cost say in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand.

Here is an informed guess what happened.

Open Bet already had their sports betting system running in various sports betting outfits. THey knew that for NZ it made no sense that NZ would buy their system and knew it was a forgone conclusion TABCORP was the logical partner. Therefore they threw in a ridiculous bid with some propaganda on how innovative they were, (They weren't their system was developed in the 1990's). Maybe there were some backhanders (bribes) maybe not. Nevertheless the NZ Racing Board took up their offer (along with PaddyPower for the odds) which was substantially higher than Tabcorp's bid.

Going with a higher bid should have been queried at every level. All those who should have spoken up and didn't must no longer have any say in racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Trans national software companies operate on the basis of farming out the boring nitty gritty tasks to various countries where they can pay the programmers a fraction of what it would cost say in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand.

Here is an informed guess what happened.

Open Bet already had their sports betting system running in various sports betting outfits. THey knew that for NZ it made no sense that NZ would buy their system and knew it was a forgone conclusion TABCORP was the logical partner. Therefore they threw in a ridiculous bid with some propaganda on how innovative they were, (They weren't their system was developed in the 1990's). Maybe there were some backhanders (bribes) maybe not. Nevertheless the NZ Racing Board took up their offer (along with PaddyPower for the odds) which was substantially higher than Tabcorp's bid.

Going with a higher bid should have been queried at every level. All those who should have spoken up and didn't must no longer have any say in racing.

You almost like to hope that isn't true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now