RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Whip Infringments - M Howard

From the RIU report on Sunday's meeting at Motukarara . I might be wrong but didn't M Howard get a holiday recently for same offence. If so he deserves all he got but if not then this looks a touch harsh.

"

Suspensions:   Race 6

M Howard (FOR THE KITTY)
[Rule 869(2) & Whip Regs (b)] - Used whip on more occasions than permitted (3 months).
Suspended from 18/03/2019 until 17/06/2019 inclusive.  Fined $500.

1 hour ago, Newmarket RC said:

From the RIU report on Sunday's meeting at Motukarara . I might be wrong but didn't M Howard get a holiday recently for same offence. If so he deserves all he got but if not then this looks a touch harsh.

"

Suspensions:   Race 6

M Howard (FOR THE KITTY)
[Rule 869(2) & Whip Regs (b)] - Used whip on more occasions than permitted (3 months).
Suspended from 18/03/2019 until 17/06/2019 inclusive.  Fined $500.

Fair enough. Mr Howard is a serial offender in overuse of the whip. 

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

Fair enough. Mr Howard is a serial offender in overuse of the whip. 

Less than a month ago he was fined 500 for breaking the excellent whip rules which HRNZ brought in. He can be given no sympathy for repetitive behaviour and given the number of drives he gets im not sure its over the top in terms of his 3 month suspension

17 minutes ago, MalcolmH said:

No sympathy for him if repetitive behaviour but I can think of others who are just as bad if not worse and they get a slap on the hand with a wet bus ticket. If you are going to come down hard be the same with EVERYONE no exceptions!!

I dont think anyone would disagree Malcolm re consistency, but how many drives you have must surely be taken into account

I would also note  that Nat Rass copped it in Auckland recently for being a serial offender.

N Rasmussen (ULTIMATE SNIPER)
[Rule 869(2) & Use of Whip Regs (b)] - Use of Whip.
Suspended from 09/03/2019 until 30/03/2019 inclusive.  Fined $1500.

Imagine what will happen to her next time if she again goes over the limit in last 400.

You are right Fartoomuch, it seems that the ones not getting the drives as much esp amatures and juniors get really hammered whilst the professionals seem to get off with very average fines. Perhaps if after being caught say 3 times they lose the right to use a whip for perhaps a period of time (that is after their suspension is finished!!)