poundforpound

Check this out

16 posts in this topic

Race two today, watch Chris Dell on the Rogers horse ( green and white ) very carefully about the 200m mark.

Not a big shift left, but a lot of damage caused, and no accountability.

Seems a slightly odd decision although the feds have far more, and better, camera angles than us.

https://loveracing.nz/Common/SystemTemplates/Modal/Video.aspx?v=http%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201903%2f20190315TEAR02_BB.mp4&i=%2fCommon%2fImage.ashx%3fw%3d720%26h%3d400%26a%3d1%26o%3d1%26bg%3deeeeee%26p%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201903%2f20190315TEAR02_BB.jpg&r=Race+2+-+THE+BGP+FOUNDATION+BEAT+THE+CLOCK+AT+TE+AROHA+1600&rs=1&jwsource=cl

One win from 119 rides this season - says it all.  Imagine what might have been if Blue Breeze had another jockey aboard.

and for all you apologists out there - no I've never ridden a horse in a race.  Doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between good and mediocre.

1 hour ago, Kloppite said:

One win from 119 rides this season - says it all.  Imagine what might have been if Blue Breeze had another jockey aboard.

and for all you apologists out there - no I've never ridden a horse in a race.  Doesn't mean I can't tell the difference between good and mediocre.

Cant win on cattle if they are slow...give the guy a break...you never made a mistake in your life??? How do you know the horse does not go better for him than anyone else. If you look at the form of the horses he has been given to ride his results are pretty good.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Cant win on cattle if they are slow...give the guy a break...you never made a mistake in your life??? How do you know the horse does not go better for him than anyone else. If you look at the form of the horses he has been given to ride his results are pretty good.

He's ridden one winner from over 100 rides this season. If you're saying his results are "pretty good" given the horses he's been riding, you're saying that his average ride is a 100/1 shot.

He rode four winners last winter, at an average price of $8.60. His winner this year was a $42 shot, but even if he was exclusively riding $42 shots and was an average rider you'd expect him to have won three races from 120-odd, not one.

For every dollar you've put on his mounts to win in the last 12 months, you've gotten back 47c. I know you like to protect jockeys around here and that's cool. But you can do that without pretending -53% PoT is "pretty good".

15 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

He's ridden one winner from over 100 rides this season. If you're saying his results are "pretty good" given the horses he's been riding, you're saying that his average ride is a 100/1 shot.

He rode four winners last winter, at an average price of $8.60. His winner this year was a $42 shot, but even if he was exclusively riding $42 shots and was an average rider you'd expect him to have won three races from 120-odd, not one.

For every dollar you've put on his mounts to win in the last 12 months, you've gotten back 47c. I know you like to protect jockeys around here and that's cool. But you can do that without pretending -53% PoT is "pretty good".

Nobody is protecting anyone...you have your opinion dont like him dont back him but dont come in here and try to drag him through the mud...thats al I am saying.

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I thought you wanted a site with some fact based debate and discussion.  You can't seriously suggest that his results are pretty good - look at the strike rate - it is absolutely abysmal.  And go back and watch a whole bunch of his rides and honestly tell me you think he is giving his mounts the best chance.

Jockeys seem to be protected species on here, but anyone wants to have a crack at NZRB members (eg. Greg McCarthy) with baseless opinions, that's fair game!?

20 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

I thought you wanted a site with some fact based debate and discussion.  You can't seriously suggest that his results are pretty good - look at the strike rate - it is absolutely abysmal.  And go back and watch a whole bunch of his rides and honestly tell me you think he is giving his mounts the best chance.

Jockeys seem to be protected species on here, but anyone wants to have a crack at NZRB members (eg. Greg McCarthy) with baseless opinions, that's fair game!?

Up to you Kloppite...you know who he is and he has no idea who you are...I just think its a tough enough game without the social media aspect...and as for the morons that run racing they deserve all they get they are driving us off a cliff...thats my view...you can be entitled to yours, but i will always try to keep things reasonable..sorry if that does not suit you.:rcfe-like:

22 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

And as I said if you don't like the way he rides don't back him then...but don't come in here and crucify him...JMO.

Prior to his terrible injuries..he was right 'up there' with the form jockeys., he'll go from strength to strength from now on as the tracks turn in season, and especially having read this thread posting of critique...he's made of tough metal is Christopher :)

23 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Race two today, watch Chris Dell on the Rogers horse ( green and white ) very carefully about the 200m mark.

Not a big shift left, but a lot of damage caused, and no accountability.

Seems a slightly odd decision although the feds have far more, and better, camera angles than us.

https://loveracing.nz/Common/SystemTemplates/Modal/Video.aspx?v=http%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201903%2f20190315TEAR02_BB.mp4&i=%2fCommon%2fImage.ashx%3fw%3d720%26h%3d400%26a%3d1%26o%3d1%26bg%3deeeeee%26p%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201903%2f20190315TEAR02_BB.jpg&r=Race+2+-+THE+BGP+FOUNDATION+BEAT+THE+CLOCK+AT+TE+AROHA+1600&rs=1&jwsource=cl

It appears to me when Goindasamy first pulled the whip it caused Goldchi to duck out on to Signor Del who reacted at the same time Chris Dell was first pulling the whip causing a concertina effect.

No real culprit I feel IMO.

The interference is caused by OP, trying to force a run that isnt available. Goindasamy's mount ducks out for a few strides after being hit with the whip, Dells horse sees it coming and also shifts away. Meanwhile OP is looking to force his mount through a gap that isnt available by trying to shift collets mount outwards.

OP had the opportunity to ease his mount but chose not too. If Mcnab hits the deck, would there have been a stipes inquiry?

dangerous stuff