RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Stay Strong Christchurch

9 hours ago, Insider said:

Maybe, just maybe she was at the Mosque.

There are 2 mosques in ChCh and they are both closed as crime scenes. Ardern was in ChCh. I fully understand the protocol when entering a mosque and  have observed such in the Blue Mosque in Istanbul myself. So I stand by the sentiments of my earlier post.

2 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Now we have this idiot suggesting the Crusaders should change their name......give me a break.....:rolleyes:

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/384900/the-crusaders-have-to-change-their-name-and-change-it-now

The Hurricanes must also change their name as there is an ill wind blowing up from the above journalist.

The Highlanders also must change,Rob Roy  was a blood thirsty thug,

The Chiefs name must also be canned as NZ is becoming a land of no Chiefs but plenty of Indians(no pun intended)

The Blues well they can keep their name based on their current results.

Hi Racecafe folk. Just to say thanks for the many kind thoughts expressed to the people of Christchurch. Personally and as a family it hit hard as I am a teacher at the school that lost 2 current students and 1 ex student. Other students lost family members. Today was very tough but we got through with the love and support of those around us.. My wife is a nurse at Christchurch Public and was on duty when the victims were coming in. She went on duty just after 2.00pm as did many others and I picked her up at 12.20am Saturday morning totally shattered. I know people can and do make comments about what the PM was wearing, should the Crusaders change their name etc all fair enough but for many that is so trivial right now as we just cope with all the mixture of emotions we have. Again thanks and tomorrow is a new day and we will push on just like we did in 2011

1 hour ago, kdt said:

Hi Racecafe folk. Just to say thanks for the many kind thoughts expressed to the people of Christchurch. Personally and as a family it hit hard as I am a teacher at the school that lost 2 current students and 1 ex student. Other students lost family members. Today was very tough but we got through with the love and support of those around us.. My wife is a nurse at Christchurch Public and was on duty when the victims were coming in. She went on duty just after 2.00pm as did many others and I picked her up at 12.20am Saturday morning totally shattered. I know people can and do make comments about what the PM was wearing, should the Crusaders change their name etc all fair enough but for many that is so trivial right now as we just cope with all the mixture of emotions we have. Again thanks and tomorrow is a new day and we will push on just like we did in 2011

Thank you for sharing yes the time for little back biting and nit picking is not now we all need to come together as a people as humans and support each and everyone of us, this is NZ not some redneck backwater...please lets just let people see the good there is in all of us...cheers... I really hope your wife can get through this and please thank her so much for the great job she did in unbelievably tough circumstances... stay strong everyone.

I also think Jacinda has shown strong leadership, great communication and has been open and honest that things need to change... I think she deserves a pat on the back...at least for a few days...hats off to her.JMO

48 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Thank you for sharing yes the time for little back biting and nit picking is not now we all need to come together as a people as humans and support each and everyone of us, this is NZ not some redneck backwater...please lets just let people see the good there is in all of us...cheers... I really hope your wife can get through this and please thank her so much for the great job she did in unbelievably tough circumstances... stay strong everyone.

I also think Jacinda has shown strong leadership, great communication and has been open and honest that things need to change... I think she deserves a pat on the back...at least for a few days...hats off to her.JMO

Thank you so much for your kind words. I backed a different runner in the last election race but have to totally agree with you re Jacinda Ardern. She has been very strong in the face of an unprecedented event in this country's history. 

Well for a few days we had a break from Islamophobia in the mainstream media i.e. digital, talkback, TV. radio, blogs etc. I notice Newstalk ZB relieved their biggest Islamaphobe  this week from his shift i.e. Bruce Russell. However TVNZ is back in action with its Islamophobia with the ISIS warning story. 

These audio recordings have surfaced from time to time all unauthenticated all designed to work with reverse psychology to instill some sort of fear about Muslims.  Overseas news outfits are wary of the origins of these recordings and qualify the stories. Not TVNZ however.

Small minds can only grasp certain aspects like "The Crusaders thinking changing their name - must blame Muslims for that" or as we have already seen on here complaints about Jacinda Ardern wearing her head scarf. Yes I can see come next week it will be business as usual for the Islamophobes.