RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
High Sparrow

Provisional results?

I see the TAB website doesn't have a "Provisional Results" button anymore where you used to click it, then click on the meeting name and you'd get a list of all the results of the whole card which you could scroll down. Now its apparently been replaced with just a "Results" which means instead of getting everything from a meeting in two clicks you now have to use several because you have to click on each individual race to get its result once you've opened the meeting name. What's with that?  Back to the Future, TAB style perhaps?

29 minutes ago, High Sparrow said:

I see the TAB website doesn't have a "Provisional Results" button anymore where you used to click it, then click on the meeting name and you'd get a list of all the results of the whole card which you could scroll down. Now its apparently been replaced with just a "Results" which means instead of getting everything from a meeting in two clicks you now have to use several because you have to click on each individual race to get its result once you've opened the meeting name. What's with that?  Back to the Future, TAB style perhaps?

Once you click on the meeting, if you then click EXPAND ALL it lists all results in one go instead of having to click on every result. Would have preferred to click on the meeting and then all the results show like previously.

Hey Thanks Ponderosa, in my frustration at having to do the extra click I'd missed that button lurking off to the right. They do seem to have stuff that has added clicks compared to the old site, which I find frustrating, as if someone who designed it has no understanding of the end users' needs, which now that I come to think of it may actually be the case! But thanks again for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, 100 1 said:

When are they ever going to display the post race pool sizes?

Incompetent!

There are just so many little things that its farcical. e.g. the race just finishes and you quickly want to see the closing quinella prices. But its gone well not totally gone by playing around with the address box one can get it up. The average person shouldn't be expected to do that.

Look the whole site was designed for sports betting with horse racing just another event. I can see the overseas outfit reluctant getting involved with adding extras just for NZ. However many of the missing extras are not complicated. Its a mystery why they haven't been fixed. Example the total malfunction of extended form, betting movements, tote prices etc after midnight.

Maybe the OPenBet outfit realize that their system is vulnerable to speed. Any extras have the effect of slowing the site. In their contract that could be crucial factor.