RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

Women in Racing ?

Would have thought more pressing problems to concern the Chiefs of our great Industry. esp when we have wonderful girls/ladies in all aspects of racing. NZ biggest numbers of Jockeys/stablehands, brilliant women drivers and Trainers and many great ladies behind the named trainers doing a lot of the planning,strategy etc. for male trainers. (can back up with names if needed) .Think this is cost and time wasting. Topics that could be surveyed...Is the  "1.6 billion " industry top heavy with non productive staff costing multi millions/ What do punters want ?. Has the decisions made in last 10 years eg closing most TABs/shutting down teletext/taking races from Inner mongolia and even outer at tmes been beneficial.Why has Australia racing flourished when ours has gone backwards under current leadership ? could go on but ....... Women in Racing (and I love them all !) not a priority more a diversion from real probs.:rcf-injured:

2 hours ago, john legend said:

Would have thought more pressing problems to concern the Chiefs of our great Industry. esp when we have wonderful girls/ladies in all aspects of racing. NZ biggest numbers of Jockeys/stablehands, brilliant women drivers and Trainers and many great ladies behind the named trainers doing a lot of the planning,strategy etc. for male trainers. (can back up with names if needed) .Think this is cost and time wasting. Topics that could be surveyed...Is the  "1.6 billion " industry top heavy with non productive staff costing multi millions/ What do punters want ?. Has the decisions made in last 10 years eg closing most TABs/shutting down teletext/taking races from Inner mongolia and even outer at tmes been beneficial.Why has Australia racing flourished when ours has gone backwards under current leadership ? could go on but ....... Women in Racing (and I love them all !) not a priority more a diversion from real probs.:rcf-injured:

I concur 100%. This is the we want gender diversity and women in high places no matter what. Utter PC crap but needs to be seen to be done

I'm a woman and agree with most above. However, I am aware that in some aspects of our industry there is a 'boy's network' where guys 'pick' their mates for positions. This means we end up with groups of people making decisions who all think along similar lines. This is a barrier to getting new people to participate and bring fresh ideas and alternative views to our industry, whether they are male, female, young, old, or simply a different background. Even if they do get on, say a club committee,  they can feel in the minority and not able to make a difference. If the survey can highlight such barriers, and something practical is implemented, possibly some good will eventuate.