RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bloke

Geaorge Pell: Time For Catholics to Stand up To Their Church

George Pell gets 6 years . When is the "Catholic Flock" going to stand up to their  Church rather than accepting all of this crap meekly? If this was a Priest from Destiny Church there would be an uprising by the press and politicians but the Catholic Church gets away with this crap.

The Catholic Church has been getting away with it for hundreds of years Blokey, so this shouldn't be a surprise.  We were brought up as Catholics but it didn't take long to realise what they preached and what they did were quite different things.

Religion must be the biggest con ever. If you want to believe in fairy stories that's up to you. 

The Catholic Church is no different from any other organisation,

When one of theirs is attacked they circle the wagons.

Politicians won't go after them because they have the same siege mentality as them.

Politicians and press prefer softer targets.

What is interesting is that many people who believe that religon is b/s are the same ones that expect us to believe that NZ was pulled out of the water by some warrior.

57 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Politicians won't go after them because they have the same siege mentality as them.

What is interesting is that many people who believe that religon is b/s are the same ones that expect us to believe that NZ was pulled out of the water by some warrior.

Count me out of that last one Crusty....:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Well Crusty the Aussie Politicians ordered the inquiry into religions and the Pell case surfaced as a result. It was never going to happen here when Bill English was PM as he is a Catholic and went to one of the worst schools for Pedos. 

I am not a bible basher but for those who believe why would you stand by and say nothing? I just cannot understand why Catholics have not started some group to challenge their Church. 

25 minutes ago, bloke said:

Well Crusty the Aussie Politicians ordered the inquiry into religions and the Pell case surfaced as a result. It was never going to happen here when Bill English was PM as he is a Catholic and went to one of the worst schools for Pedos. 

I am not a bible basher but for those who believe why would you stand by and say nothing? I just cannot understand why Catholics have not started some group to challenge their Church. 

Sorry Bloke, I disagree with your wild accusation about the school Bill English went to being one of the “worst schools for pedos”. Having boarded there myself for “5” years, I can confirm that not once did I see or hear of any such behaviour. Being heavily involved in many sports and a champion at a couple, you’d think I would know. But the only case I’ve heard of that saw the light of day and a successful prosecution, was Michael Woodcock (Nice name !) who was a student in the same year as me. After he left college he went on to become a priest and returned to teach at the college and subsequently, was charged and jailed for such disgusting behaviour (10 years I think). One ex-Student. Can you name others ? If not, I think you should pull your head-in and not make such widely innaccurate assumptions - unless you can prove it. So let’s hear it from you - how many more other than Woodcock??

Oh that's right I remember now, you tried to make out that St Pats  Siverstream had tons of All Blacks. All I could find was five and three of them only played one test.

Yes they were one of the worst  as they had Woodcock who left a trail of destruction with one victim being an old colleague and friend of mine. He broke down and told me about it one day back in the 90s. Poor bugger was so upset that he had never told  his wife, kids or parents as he could not handle it. Then when Woodcock was charged in the early 2000s he decided  seek help.

When St Pats found out about Woodcock they sent him to to a school in Fielding where he carried on his merry way. Bloody digusting.

Yes Saint Pats Silverstream were one of the worst and they even got a mention in the Oscar best film winner  Spotlight.

19 hours ago, bloke said:

Oh that's right I remember now, you tried to make out that St Pats  Siverstream had tons of All Blacks. All I could find was five and three of them only played one test.

Yes they were one of the worst  as they had Woodcock who left a trail of destruction with one victim being an old colleague and friend of mine. He broke down and told me about it one day back in the 90s. Poor bugger was so upset that he had never told  his wife, kids or parents as he could not handle it. Then when Woodcock was charged in the early 2000s he decided  seek help.

When St Pats found out about Woodcock they sent him to to a school in Fielding where he carried on his merry way. Bloody digusting.

Yes Saint Pats Silverstream were one of the worst and they even got a mention in the Oscar best film winner  Spotlight.

Ok, as stated, we have one (1) proven case of an ex-student being jailed. We agree on that. But you stated that the College was « ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS FOR PEDOS » so back it up with some facts, stats etc. one ex student so far, how many teachers or clergy at the school have been charged? The film SPOTLIGHT named every school, parish, etc in the world that had at least one (1) successful prosecution. So how do you make the accusation that Silverstream was/is “ONE OF THE WORST SCHOOLS FOR PEDOS”? 

Yes it was given the school's conduct. When  they finally acted  it was to transfer Woodcock to a Fielding school where he assaulted others. Their conduct was appalling. The children most affected were boarders and apart from being told to pray were given stuff all assistance.

However, you were some great sports star so everything about St Pats Silverstream is fine.  I note that they are one of four schools that competes in athletics for The McEvedy Shield. Hardly a  success, they have only won it once in the last 40 years. 

17 hours ago, bloke said:

Yes it was given the school's conduct. When  they finally acted  it was to transfer Woodcock to a Fielding school where he assaulted others. Their conduct was appalling. The children most affected were boarders and apart from being told to pray were given stuff all assistance.

However, you were some great sports star so everything about St Pats Silverstream is fine.  I note that they are one of four schools that competes in athletics for The McEvedy Shield. Hardly a  success, they have only won it once in the last 40 years. 

I’m not defending their “protection” of Woodcock and you are decending into the personal now, a sure sign when one is under pressure after being challenged. I’ll repeat my question to you, which followed your accusation. “Other than Woodcock, how many proven cases of student abuse are there associated with Silverstream College?” As I said, I had 5 years Boarding there and I e checked with some of my fellow boarders there and they too are not aware of any such behaviour you claim made. The school, <quote-“one of the worst for Pedos”-unquote>. I can accept your accusation if you can provide some facts but so far you’ve not backed up your claim. I’ve named Woodcock, you’ve come up with nothing - just a generalisation that has now wandered off on a tangent on (a) How many All Blacks have been produced from the College and (b) How many McEverdy Shield wins etc. interestingly, I saw a doco on Sky Sports about Silverstream’s Rugby 1stxv. A doco about them going unbeaten for 2 successive years? Are you bitter because of your friend being abused (understandably) or can’t you defend your accusation with solid facts? If the latter then no more comment is necessary. Silverstream will be there long after you and I have departed this world and hopefully the lessons from Woodcock have been learnt. I don’t think there are Priests teaching at the College these days. Don’t quote me on that but if there are, it wouldn’t be more than one or two - and maybe that’s a good thing? By the way, you might be interested in this piece of McEvedy Shield history seeing you went off on a tangent about Silverstream winning it once in the last 40 years. From Wikipedia-  <Quote-St Patrick's College, Silverstream has won the Shield 14 times, and holds the record for the most consecutive Shield victories, winning six years in a row (1968 to 1973)-unquote> Its  an achievement  no other college has been able to equal, although Wellington College has won it the most times and Rongatai College has the least wins. 

Well Trump I guess it is now time to expose some other Saint Pats Silverstream Pedos after  havng let you you gloat that woodcock was the only one.

You may recall Fred Durning The Rector of the school in the 50s & 60s a shocking convicted pedo. He  left a trail of destruction and there is a fair chance that he taught Woodcock his evil ways. For several years his victims and decendants of his victims have been fighting to have his photo taken down from The School's Hall Of Photos and in March this year they were successful after years of the school coming up with excuses not to take it down.  The victims say that there are further Pedos and enablers who have photos up and they are fighting to have these taken down also.

Another shocking convicted Pedo is Michael Shires from the 1950s who preyed on boys when he travelled away with them to sports events.

Quite Simply your old school is disgusting easily one of the very worst schools for pedos.

Happy New Year Trump.

I doubt Woodcock was at the school with Durning. You seem to have a thing about Silverstream College. You’re bitter. We’re you abused yourself? Got beaten at Rugby by Stream? You’ve come up with Woodcock and Durning, that’s two in a hundred years. Why taint the whole school by your twisted nonsense? You need help and I’m sure Counselling is available for whatever problem you have. The Catholic Church has a lot to answer for in the mass cover-up of offending by many of their clergy. That’s a fact and they should be pursued to the earths end for it - and they are being pursued. But your comments re Silverstream College are an insult to all the students who went and “still” go there, as well as the many fine teachers that taught there. Woodcock and any others incl those that covered up should always be pursued. 

There was a third pedo called Michael Shires. How many does it take in your eyes before it is seen as unacceptable? . My original comment was that Saint Pats Silverstream was one of the worst which it clearly is. The school has been asked for many years to remove the  photo of Dunning and they refused until last year.

It is claimed by survivors / victims that other pedos and enablers have their photos on the wall. They are a school with a digusting history  that you choose to protect As previously mentioned  I had an old work / mate friend who was got at by Woodcock and it was devastating that he chose to keep it a secret from his parents, wife and children. He took counselling for many years after Woodcock was arrested. 

I could not care a toss about Rugby,