RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Auckland Cup?

It's still pissing down.     The clowns moved it away from mid summer so I suppose they got what they deserved.      Why can't people be satisfied with the tried & true.   No, they have to change just for the sake of making a change.       Well for TB fans lets hope this year will teach them a lesson (and a costly one as well) and they return the race to when it should be held!

6 hours ago, eljay said:

It's still pissing down.     The clowns moved it away from mid summer so I suppose they got what they deserved.      Why can't people be satisfied with the tried & true.   No, they have to change just for the sake of making a change.       Well for TB fans lets hope this year will teach them a lesson (and a costly one as well) and they return the race to when it should be held!

Won't be happening in the next year or 2.

On 2nd warning for a downgrade too

To be fair is any 3200m race in Australasia doing well these days? Melbourne Cup is mostly internationals, Sydney Cup isn't strong anymore, Perth and Brisbane reduced in distance to try and improve the field. 

Just been reading a pullout from Saturdays Herald called WEEKEND.

In the middle of this section are 2 pages devoted to'''Your Guide to the weekend and beyond'''.

Here are a few listings

Harvest Fest

A play at Basement theatre

Jazz,wine and food at the polo grounds

Hockey

Ballet Wonderland

Baby show etc etc 

Only mention of horses is a fundraiser at the Ambury Park Centre.

Now i'm certainly no genius but the above event seems like a logical event to have on a race meeting.

Was the Cup shown on mainstream TV,if not ,why not.?

Maybe horse racing is no longer considered to be mainstream and lends itself more to the elite.

Adelaide Cup today 3200. By my reckoning everything below Aloft is in the long handicap so not great field .Under the theory horses don't know they are wrong in the weights iam rolling the dice , two at juicy ew odds  Kherazabad to prove Plumpton novice hurdle form is good form and Franked  to prove Frankel can father a decent runner of any distance.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:10 PM, fitzy said:

Set weights and penalties make this race a total farce. There is zero point in racing a stayer in NZ especially geldings.

The race was farcical to the extreme.

How a rating 64 horse is weighted 1.5kg more than a R92 horse just is beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Adelaide Cup today 3200. By my reckoning everything below Aloft is in the long handicap so not great field .Under the theory horses don't know they are wrong in the weights iam rolling the dice , two at juicy ew odds  Kherazabad to prove Plumpton novice hurdle form is good form and Franked  to prove Frankel can father a decent runner of any distance.

Pretty ordinary lot there RR. Naval Warfare and Top of the Range behind Schabau so might be good form.

Tahnee Tiara R2 and Chauffeur ( blinkers back on ) R8 look good each way value.

2 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Pretty ordinary lot there RR. Naval Warfare and Top of the Range behind Schabau so might be good form.

Very poor race imho,a few misfits and horses past sell by date in it  . I was being flippant about Plumpton form but going to take a chance on those two in Cup due to its poor field .Will look at those other two.

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yulong Knight another over from Ireland  , looks like Yulong have brought a batch of youngsters over from Ireland .

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Quite like Sylpheed.

Followed him during the spring carnival and imo was a tiny bit unlucky in at least 1 of his runs.

Big problem is that he has only won 3 times and none of those victories have been past 1400m.

Set weights & penalties sets up some standouts.  Chenille a couple of years ago was a standout.  So was Glory Days, but I did not believe she would relish those track conditions.  I had seen Charles Road go okay for 7th at Flemington and it was so wet that day that no New Zealand jockey would have ridden on that track.  He disappointed me.  This may seem insulting to the trainer of Patrick Erin, but to choose the Wellington Cup handicap against the Auckland Cup was silly.  I think, on his Wellington Cup run, he would have got into the Auckland Cup really good and would have defaecated upon the field from a great height.  Mugs don't win Randwick's Metropolitan Handicap.