RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

do we need track after race interviews ?

last night a case in point,sure Greg does a good  job but he got carried with interviewing  Mark he did it coming back to photo area, during the photo (pos air brush him out)and after. the connections only able to wave to mark as Greg and he disappeared into the distance. The divs delayed as Mark said nothing we didnt know and Nat normally says "very much so" at least 5 or 6 times. and we know even very much so that their horses are superior, their drivng and training are superior and that delaying the judges call and divies is annoying (very much so) Before you say I am a grumpy old man I will agree with you in advance !!:rcf-happy-6:

Hit the nail on the head John Legend. 

Drives me nuts; Gregory's overuse of understatements too.

"Pretty handy horse you have there Mark" (eg. when the bloody thing has won 7 from 7 starts or something).

"Not a bad last quarter" (eg. 25 point something last quarter). 

"Pretty tidy run" (eg. horse breaks up at the start, loops the field to face the breeze for the last lap and wins by a length). 

Could go on but you get the idea.

Aussie gallops coverage do it well however. Throw a mike under the jockey as soon as the winning horse has pulled up somewhere down the back straight, and ask questions or make statements that get the hoop talking more than the "interviewer". Then get outta the way, let the jockey return to scale so they can share the winning moment with connections etc. 

Do we really need "on the spot" interviews.    Surely that is what the press is for!      My pet hate though is that interviewer (usually O'Connor) manages to get into the photo that i'm sure the owners want to hang in their man (or woman) cave.     Sorry, but if it was my horse I would be rude and say "Bugger off - this is our moment and our photo", or perhaps another word I learned at school in the Naki! 

Going to the races to make a few bucks on the punt seem to have gone.

Mick Guerin picked 7 winners out of the 10 races............... If you had put $10 win on each selection ( 1st pick ) you would have made $7.00 for your $100 outlay............... Terrific !!

As for 8 horse fields and one trainer winning everything........... YAWN

I think its time to make all Alex Park meetings Equalizator meetings........ now that would be fun.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, john legend said:

I think we should shout the All stars a course at the newly established "Abernethy Charm School for interviewing techniques on track " much more interesting ...

That might prove extremely hard to accommodate given Abernathy wins the odd race whilst Natalie and Mark have a UDR of 0.4828. I'm not sure how you can solve this riddle short of no interviews post race which would in turn see howls of derision from others.

Suppose that's what mute button is for.

How about interviewing a punter oncourse, after they have done their money cold?! 

There is a significant delay, it is not actually live on TV, so there would be plenty of time for the producer at the Trackside studio to beep the swear words out.