RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

TAB on You Tube....

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I watched The Breakdown last night.....Mel Robinson, Ali Williams, Jeff Wilson and Sir John Kirwan......about 300 caps between them.....then I watched a racing show hosted by two greyhound blokes and a gypsy, they’ve never ridden, trained, owned, or bred a thoroughbred winner......why isn’t thoroughbred racing media the domain of thoroughbred racing people, given that every other sport known to man finds it appropriate to use experts in the field ?

Just asking, more out of curiosity as to why those who run Trackside have so little respect for racing people, except obviously Alysha Collett who was forced upon them by Kate Gourdue.

Are experienced racing professionals an inferior species ?

It's too dangerous, they might go off script. I remember the early days of NZ Retro was great, then the guests said a few things that rankled the powers that be and it was reigned right in. The show died not long after. I think they fear the home truths that may get delivered if they gave some of the more outspoken members of the industry some air time. 

9 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Camera shy !!

Surely you mean once she’s allowed to take the centre seat so she can look down the barrel of the camera....instead they park her off to the side so the gypsy and doggie bloke can monopolise centre stage talking about something of which they have little knowledge, well no more knowledge than a punter in a grubby TAB somewhere.

I could name a dozen funny and entertaining thoroughbred racing professionals who would be suitable for the job......from Mark Sweeney to Danielle Johnson.....the equivalent of Australia’s Simon Marshall and Ron Dufficy.....you only need fraternize with racing people to see they’re funny and informed, exactly what’s required to add value to an entertainment and information show. 

Camera "awareness" probably better....no need to keep having those furtive looks when you are not involved...just looks odd.

Those you mention would be good, and no doubt there are others....whether they would want to do it is another thing.

I like good natural speakers such as Sheldon Murtha.

Who would cafer's like to see front future Trackside programmes?

Do we have any potential Trainers/Jockeys/Stud Masters or even Owners who we could add ?

From past Interviews viewed on Trackside ....Jamie Richards & Shaune Ritchie are good on the ears.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You mean like Tom Wood, a fine young man with a great racing pedigree who wasn’t “good enough” for NZ according to Trackside ......hello Singapore.....hi Hong Kong....

And why would he come back here when he’s probably on 200 large, being paid accommodation and probably a few months bonus as well... NZ Racing wouldn’t be able to afford him now!

12 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I’d like Stephen Marsh fronting a show with Bjorn Baker, Peter Moody, Darren Weir, Ian Smith, Stick McKee, Jono Benner, Brendan McCullum, Ali Ritchie, Sam Spratt, Alysha, Thief Innes, Brett Gillovic, Red Sharrock, David Haworth ( shall I stop, how big’s our studio ? ).....

what about our mate Reese - he's got the right vernacular ;)

On 3/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Ohokaman said:

They are probably harder to find though.....at least watchable ones are. How many "retired" sorts would front up..??

Alysha is doing ok and will get better once she over the camera shyness.

Won't she be back to Singapore once she's fit to ride again so back to square 1 in that regard