RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter R S

New Fixed Odds Platform?

I like betting with the new website or app. I am a fan.

The more I use it though, the more I see it as so similar to the Ubet Queensland site (now branded TAB). Have our racing gurus spent all that money “reinventing the wheel”? It beggars belief that the huge cost was incurred with something existing to largely copy.

Today Ithe NZ TAB gave me a bonus $10 bet, where I receive any profit on the bet.  Early last year I got exactly this from Queensland Ubet when I opened an account there - another copy? Exactly except that I got $50 bonus bets for the initial $50 deposit from me, rather more generous but exactly the same rules around the bonus.

It worries me when something expensive is sold under a flowery name designed to make it seem more than it really is. However it is a vast improvement on what it replaced in my opinion.

I cannot agree the new site is better than the old one.

For example, I cannot see on the new site where I can look at..

- Quinella prices

- Previous trainers of a starter

- The owners names ( Useful if a Trainer owns all or a large chunk )

- The stakes won by a horse - without going away from the race listing/tote prices to the PDF section

The stats on various track conditions (fast, good etc) often do not add up to the horse's total starts

The only plus I can see is the win movers tab is specific to a race, rather than just the next race to go

2 hours ago, Akcam said:

The stats on various track conditions (fast, good etc) often do not add up to the horse's total starts

This is because there's a problem with the good & slow stats. They show the slow track stats under both dead and slow, and don't show the dead stats at all.

If you go to the extended form, the stats are correct.

14 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

This is because there's a problem with the good & slow stats. They show the slow track stats under both dead and slow, and don't show the dead stats at all.

If you go to the extended form, the stats are correct.

Extended Form used to work for me (using Internet Explorer 11) but then stopped working about 2 weeks ago. But if I open TAB using Google Chrome Extended Form does work....

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Extended Form used to work for me (using Internet Explorer 11) but then stopped working about 2 weeks ago. But if I open TAB using Google Chrome Extended Form does work....

Paul ...You so generously put up the competition $500 for last week's terrific competition. You shouldn't be on Race Cafe this evening helping others with your wonderful Google Chrome suggestions.

You should be monitoring the  Ellerslie rainfall and assessing the Trentham form !

Hallowed Crown has his second starter in R6 at Newcastle this evening in the same race as that Dundeel Colt.Have an ew on IRUKANDJI R7 this evening (1400m too short)and next 2 starts.