RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

All Stars Update for Friday

AUCKLAND PREVIEW- Mark Purdon

I got here on Tuesday and Wednesday work went well so they should all be fit enough. ULTIMATE SNIPER worked really good this morning and from his draw he is going to be very hard to beat.

ANOTHER MASTERPIECE arrived Tuesday. He looks the part and has worked well over in Sydney but has a tricky draw and I don’t think he can beat Ultimate Sniper at the moment. JESSE DUKE will go a good race too but the same applies really.

SWEET ON ME and the draw ? Well if she is beaten it will be the draw that did it. A bit of pressure when you are on a warm favourite from a draw like that and you can’t really afford to be unlucky. She has an edge on AMAZING DREAM at this stage and with any luck I think she should win

ULTIMATE MACHETE ? question mark ? yes still a question mark. I am not sure quite what is happening with him. His foot seems fine but he has a few issues from his younger days and you wonder if they are having an impact. ELLE MAC has been unlucky in most of her recent starts and she seems the more reliable. There will be probably be a decision on “Mate” after he goes around this week but I am looking for something better. The 2200m distance will suit her a little more than Machete too,

SMOOTH DEAL is a class act and I expect him to be too smart for VIRGIL at this stage of their careers. That he hasn’t really run time yet may be true but I have no worries what he will do when that happens.

KAYLA MARIE and BUBBLED UP both seem well and the small field is going to be a bonus for them. KAYLA MARIE is a G1 winner on the course and was doing well last week and may have an edge.

Subsequent to this UM has been retired and AM scratched due to temperature

What price Ultimate Snipe now

Anyone else notice on Box seat about Sniper hitting a knee in the prelude. Sure went rough around the 300 mark and lost contact with winner but rallied to run a game 2nd.

He should just win for fun given the draws and Purdon's comments above but whats his right price Certainly not 1.08 F/O as he is now

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Anyone else notice on Box seat about Sniper hitting a knee in the prelude. Sure went rough around the 300 mark and lost contact with winner but rallied to run a game 2nd.

He should just win for fun given the draws and Purdon's comments above but whats his right price Certainly not 1.08 F/O as he is now

Was a ridiculous 1.04 at Tabcorp  a few hours back, get better odds on Winx as they offer 1.10 or better every start

From the stable, this weeks update for Brodie Flagship Hunter and others

We had a good day at the trials today with positive reports on all the horses and we are looking forward to a good weekend again.

ENHANCE YOUR CALM is ready to return on Friday. He had a little setback but it was more of a precaution than anything else and I feel he should be too good for his rivals. He has continued to do well and I think he has the wood on the other three year olds when he is right and he seems to be.

The fillies have done well and worked well since getting home but I would favour KAYLA MARIE of our two (over BUBBLING OVER) especially from the draw

LETTERKENNY BOY never got his chance at Invercargill and he will go much better here.

The two year olds going to Wyndham are in good fettle too. FLYING EVEN BETTOR and COPPERFIELD are both well and are working up fine. There is not a lot between them and the run will decide the outcome

We were not too disappointed with the runs at Invercargill last week. A couple of things didn’t go right and LETTERKENNY BOY was wiped out. I didn’t think CHEERFUL’S race went quite the way we saw it beforehand but that happens.She has taken no harm from the trip and will be ready for the Oaks next week.

There is nothing to report so far about Natalie’s appeal hearing in Australia.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

From the stable, this weeks update for Brodie Flagship Hunter and others

Please don't mention them here... from what i have seen they are not worthy of it...some of what they have said elsewhere in my opinion on the recent awful event in CHCH is disgusting.

Understood, we are  better than that lot of scum. Ill exclude HTP  for now