RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

If you don't laugh....

I did have to smile at the announcement on the NZ Racing website that they have begrudgingly added a maiden 2,000m to the upcoming Ashburton meeting. But it will need "reasonable noms" to proceed.

Yesterday's maiden 1,600m at Riccarton was the only maiden race further than 1,200m for colts and geldings between 22 Feb and 3 April in Canterbury. And North Islanders think they have it tough. When you consider that virtually every race meeting at Riccarton over the last few months has had at least one race dropped because of insufficient noms, it does seem ironic that a sizable pool of horses has no racing opportunities at all. It might also explain why horses aren't coming through the grades and allowing the higher rated staying races to proceed.

Perhaps if the industry started getting the little things right before spending $50m on computers and shutting down racecourses everywhere.

21 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I did have to smile at the announcement on the NZ Racing website that they have begrudgingly added a maiden 2,000m to the upcoming Ashburton meeting. But it will need "reasonable noms" to proceed.

Yesterday's maiden 1,600m at Riccarton was the only maiden race further than 1,200m for colts and geldings between 22 Feb and 3 April in Canterbury. And North Islanders think they have it tough. When you consider that virtually every race meeting at Riccarton over the last few months has had at least one race dropped because of insufficient noms, it does seem ironic that a sizable pool of horses has no racing opportunities at all. It might also explain why horses aren't coming through the grades and allowing the higher rated staying races to proceed.

Perhaps if the industry started getting the little things right before spending $50m on computers and shutting down racecourses everywhere.

Yes correct , it requires NZTR to show some initiative and take some risks if racing is to show at least some signs of improvement, at the moment they are acting like a council giving out permits.

We have an optimised calendar which doesn't work and doesn't consult the most important participants in terms of placing horses in the sport that being the trainers, this week we have a meeting at Otaki on Friday then a meeting 2 hours down the road the following day at Trentham it doesn't make any sense.

9 minutes ago, Huey said:

Yes correct , it requires NZTR to show some initiative and take some risks if racing is to show at least some signs of improvement, at the moment they are acting like a council giving out permits.

We have an optimised calendar which doesn't work and doesn't consult the most important participants in terms of placing horses in the sport that being the trainers, this week we have a meeting at Otaki on Friday then a meeting 2 hours down the road the following day at Trentham it doesn't make any sense.

Yes, seven races and appalling fields at both meetings. Defies all logic. Trentham is 'becoming" an embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

this week we have a meeting at Otaki on Friday then a meeting 2 hours down the road the following day at Trentham 

Get Mark Lundy to drive you, it’s only 7 minutes away 

haha , he probably didn't have any roadworks and doesn't stick to the speed limit like I do.

3 hours ago, poundforpound said:

this week we have a meeting at Otaki on Friday then a meeting 2 hours down the road the following day at Trentham 

Get Mark Lundy to drive you, it’s only 7 minutes away 

P4P.......did big Mark do it !

Big day at Ellerslie on Saturday  !

Have you done the form  ?

I guess the cream will rise to the top again !

That is a very good analysis. 

I would only add that if there is no pace in the race - and we all know those WFA races esp 10f can be stop start....that sets it up for Melody Belle if she is close to the speed. If it is more genuinely run the DDDance for mine. 

Consensus a good show. 

I think the track will suit MB better than DDD who is apparently pretty well but would prefer a bit of rain. Not sure she'll see much of that in Aussie. I also think the toppy could give a bit of cheek.