RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
POPA GAS

Breeders Money

What do people think of the idea, of breeders bonus money, being split 70% to the owner and 30% to the breeder?

At the moment, your 1st win over 400m, you get $800 being split 50/50.

The NZRS is also split 50/50,

and I have known people not to bother putting dogs in these races as they do not like the breeder to get such a large share,after selling.We want these races well supported,as this proportion should become another good incentive for buying Kiwi.

Bev

What do people think of the idea, of breeders bonus money, being split 70% to the owner and 30% to the breeder?

and I have known people not to bother putting dogs in these races as they do not like the breeder to get such a large share,after selling.We want these races well supported,as this proportion should become another good incentive for buying Kiwi.

Bev

It should be 80% to the breeder 20% owner.........Its called a breeders scheme, who is more likely to reinvest in another litter the owner who has bought a pup or the breeder that's invested in the infrastructure to do the job of breeding.

Bev

and I have known people not to bother putting dogs in these races as they do not like the breeder to get such a large share,after selling. Surely owners with this mentality are not worth worrying about.They are doing themselves out of $400 bucks ,plain stupidity....

Bev

valid pt bev.

but no easy solution, to make a compramise

It should be 80% to the breeder 20% owner.........Its called a breeders scheme, who is more likely to reinvest in another litter the owner who has bought a pup or the breeder that's invested in the infrastructure to do the job of breeding.

well put young fella, well done cheers Jim

Bev

Rather than eyeing with envy at the breeders share, just work on pushing for more stake money for these events so as both parties get more. But then I suppose once you succeed in lifting the stake money for both camps, the old envy will set in again with people wanting to eat into the other parties share. Why can't people just be satisfied and gratefull for what they get rather than looking at their neighbour and trying to get theirs as well.

cant believe what i'm reading sure enough the breeder breeds the pups but if someone buy it at 3months old all the cost from there on is with the new owner do you really expect the owner to race it in the breeders series where he gets only 20% get real nowhere in the world does this happen it either stay the way it is 70/30 or 60 /40

cant believe what i'm reading sure enough the breeder breeds the pups but if someone buy it at 3months old all the cost from there on is with the new owner do you really expect the owner to race it in the breeders series where he gets only 20% get real nowhere in the world does this happen it either stay the way it is 70/30 or 60 /40

Happy as i understand with status quo, so why are we even discussing it seems pointless have a good day. cheers Jim

I put a suggestion in to the recent GRNZ survey, regarding all aspects of the breeders scheme, one part of it was to take away all paper work costs around breeding a litter right threw to the naming of the pups and then have an owners bonus for the dog winning its first middle distance race even if it had won a sprint prior.

If it''s 80% to breeder you will not sell any pups.

We have NZRS for $11k($1k for unplaced runners) which is split 50/50.Now if there are scr, that $1k is split with those left,none to the breeder.

On another thread people were talking about breeding and not selling because of the money that can be made from the NZRS. We now have OZs looking to breed here and they will be keeping the pups because of the NZRS.

Is it good for our industry?

Bev

We have NZRS for $11k($1k for unplaced runners) which is split 50/50.Now if there are scr, that $1k is split with those left,none to the breeder.

On another thread people were talking about breeding and not selling because of the money that can be made from the NZRS. We now have OZs looking to breed here and they will be keeping the pups because of the NZRS.

Bev

only if there bringing in top class bitches from aust otherwise no

Bev

Yes, because the more breeding done in NZ is what its about. The intention of the series is to promote NZ breeding. If it means Australians breed in NZ, great, the system is working. If it means breeders retain the pups for the series, great, that adds value to NZ breed pups by making them more expensive to extract from the breeder.

If you do not want or cannot breed your own, go buy an import, or forkout the price the NZ breeder demands to extract one of them. It all adds value to NZ breeds.

Yes, because the more breeding done in NZ is what its about. The intention of the series is to promote NZ breeding. If it means Australians breed in NZ, great, the system is working. If it means breeders retain the pups for the series, great, that adds value to NZ breed pups by making them more expensive to extract from the breeder.

If you do not want or cannot breed your own, go buy an import, or forkout the price the NZ breeder demands to extract one of them. It all adds value to NZ breeds.

you say it adds value to nz breeds but will it add quality or will they just end up like the thoroughbreds where just about every farmer has a brood mare

you say it adds value to nz breeds but will it add quality or will they just end up like the thoroughbreds where just about every farmer has a brood mare

Yes I think it is adding quality, just look at the NZ breeds running around now compared to 10 yrs ago. Just about all the NZRS finals are now dominated with quality C5 runners. Auckland in two weeks time where i hope to be with Union Steam will i'm sure be highly competitive. We now have dogs the calibre of Apache Jet, Winsome Opawa, to name a few. These races will be very hard to win now, unlike a few yrs ago. So Mr Tran, i do think the quality is definately lifting as a direct result of the oportunitys offered through the NZRS races. And to Bev, I did not breed Union Steam, but am happy running for half as its worth $3000 to the owner, and thats my focus.

The Aussies are only looking to breed over here because it's apparantly so dam expensive to do it there!!Hence the reason they won't sell any pups from the litters breed in NZ.

What figures are you using to back up this statement?

cheers eton

What figures are you using to back up this statement?

cheers eton

Just going off previous chat about it, both on this site and on track...Other points made were that the Aussies were pressing for someone to start a top notch rearing/breaking in faciliaty here in NZ so they would breed here cheaper than home.

Just going off previous chat about it, both on this site and on track...Other points made were that the Aussies were pressing for someone to start a top notch rearing/breaking in faciliaty here in NZ so they would breed here cheaper than home.

slim do you what the approx cost of rearing in nz is

I have whelped and reared a litter of 6 in Aus and a litter of 6 in NZ and I can honestly say there is very little difference in rearing costs

Much easier to find a rearer and to get them broken in here is Aus but other than that, there is little difference

Hi Jib I know of someone here that would whelp and rear, however they want no publicity, they have been whelping and rearing pups for over thirty years and pups they have reared have won group one races (not in recent years). I could approach them if you were interested. ps they are reasonable chargers.