RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Phantom

NSW TAB trading boss resigns

16 hours ago, Phantom said:

Yeah. What could possibly go wrong??? :rcf-laughing-2::rcf-laughing-2::rcf-laughing-2:

Bookies should not be allowed to monitor individual accounts. They should be on a level playing field with the punter. If Chris Waller has $1000 win on Winx that information is private.

Raises the question if a trainer has several starters in a race the one he bets on is obviously dynamite information.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Not sure about that SD

My logic is that trainers, jockeys and syndicate managers should be allowed to bet on their own runners / mounts .... but they have to publicly declare the bet to the raceday stewards......wouldn't you want to be on if 10 minutes before the off tomorrow it was announced that Jamie Richards & David Ellis had 10 grand to win on Aotea Lad ?

Nah. Both poor judges of value. But let me know if they do.

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Not sure about that SD

My logic is that trainers, jockeys and syndicate managers should be allowed to bet on their own runners / mounts .... but they have to publicly declare the bet to the raceday stewards......wouldn't you want to be on if 10 minutes before the off tomorrow it was announced that Jamie Richards & David Ellis had 10 grand to win on Aotea Lad ?

So they obviously paid good money for Boss to ride In A Twinkling.

I wonder who's insane decision it was to have him 3 wide leaving the straight....Boss, Richards or Ellis.

It was def intentional....and very costly

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Check the Avondale Guineas....he’s no easy ride.....

Pulls a bit but see no problem racing on the fence or one off. 

He has proven to be the best 3yo stayer in NZ and has never seen the rail in any of his starts yet.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, slam dunk said:

Bookies should not be allowed to monitor individual accounts. They should be on a level playing field with the punter. If Chris Waller has $1000 win on Winx that information is private.

Raises the question if a trainer has several starters in a race the one he bets on is obviously dynamite information.

There are two options for bookies to deal with winning punters. They can ban them, which leads to complaints to consumer organisations that bookies are discriminating against people by not offering the same odds to everyone and leads to winning punters using bowlers to get bets on (or racing authorities bringing in minimum bet limits, meaning that anyone taking bets on, say, NSW gallops, has to accept any bet from anyone to lose 2k after 9am on raceday). Or bookies can "cop the tip"; accept the bet from the winning punter and accept the fact that they'll lose money to this punter long term, but that the information they get from seeing this good punters bets will help them figure out their markets.

You'd have a hard time telling bookies that they aren't allowed to know who is placing a particular bet, especially since there are AML reasons and racing integrity reasons that they could use as excuses.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, poundforpound said:

I agree with this. I'd make it that bets by connections have to be placed and stewards notified by 9am so they can be publicised as early as possible. It's not much use being told the trainer has climbed into one 10 minutes before the off when you placed all of your bets for the day before the first or left it out of your quaddie.