RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Auckland Trotting Club

On 2/13/2015 at 3:34 PM, ivanthegreat said:

As a passionate trotting fan I can't believe this is anything other than an urban land grab by property developers ( not that they are invisible ). After all where else could you find another development site in such a prime part of the city ?

Despite the promises will the track go back to the showgrounds or Waikaraka park between stock car racing.........go on convince me.

By the time we realise we have been duped , those responsible will be long gone with their golden parachute's.

One down 4 to go

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

So what happens to all the investors???How could this have ever happened???

Cant say 100% what is going to happen to investors but leaving people who are not 100% savy in property development to do this project might not have been the smartest thing IMHO. Even the best can easily come unstuck .

There is mention in some circles that there were some foundation issues that may have needed to be addressed from a compliance point of view. I suppose its a watch this space type of scenario from here on in.

4 hours ago, Newmarket RC said:

One has to wonder if there was a farewell payout or  a PG lodged.? Not unusual in many CEO departures these days

Given the legal situation NM, and the possibility of multi million dollar payouts...you wouldn't think so, but anything possible these days.

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Given the legal situation NM, and the possibility of multi million dollar payouts...you wouldn't think so, but anything possible these days.

Thats why i said it is a watch and see for now Ohokaman. Its a real mess though from the outside looking in IMHO

Hows that CHCH airport hotel coming along, i heard their were some issues with it as well.

32 minutes ago, Newmarket RC said:

Thats why i said it is a watch and see for now Ohokaman. Its a real mess though from the outside looking in IMHO

Hows that CHCH airport hotel coming along, i heard their were some issues with it as well.

Yep...should have been opened by now..steel problems there too ( NZ this time ) but thankfully sorted before installation.

They are still hoping to open before year end.....but it's a "watch and see" there too......:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yep...should have been opened by now..steel problems there too ( NZ this time ) but thankfully sorted before installation.

They are still hoping to open before year end.....but it's a "watch and see" there too......:rolleyes:

So it's way late in terms of completion as well.

I heard there were lots of issues with it.

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

That's the multi million dollar question if its correct.

The whole project looks to be a shambles based on the press reports.

There have been problems but do you really believe the press reports? I mean REALLY ???? The press is first and foremost about sensation. Anything to do with the facts comes a poor second.

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

There have been problems but do you really believe the press reports? I mean REALLY ???? The press is first and foremost about sensation. Anything to do with the facts comes a poor second.

Whilst you might be right Blue im picking the reports are actually under reporting this whole issue. Lets wait and see shall we.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Leaving the pathetic, biased press out of it Blue, the lack of progress surely speaks for itself. Wouldn't happen with the Waiparera Trust (John Tamihere as mayor) in charge!!:rcf-laughing-2:

I'm picking plenty will bail out as heaps of apartments are coming on stream in Auckland and there is also a bit of a price stagnation. No guarantee that this toxic project will ever be completed and any new contractors will be wanting price escalations I suspect.

Besides would YOU want ATC having anything to do with a lease/body corporate after their performance to date?

Chevy I understand the new construction company what is completing the stalled first stage couldn’t agree a price with the ATC and are now working for ATC on a day to day to day basis. The ATC is now the running the project. This method is going to cost the club big time.