RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

handicapping. needs a tune up

The loose subjective programming needs to be better defined. The insert as put in many conditions states "if sufficiently wide rating range the  pref.barrier draw will be  used"or words to that effect. I understand group or special races it may not apply but for the average 40 to 70 races. there needs (IMHO) to be a rating band set when PBD applies.I would suggest it could be around 8  or 9 or even 10 points but it should not be a matter of choice.we were in a race at new plymouth recently where a 59 horse was added to 48,49 and 50 horses and by good chance for its owners drew a good front line position it had a JD requirement but many had Juniors on for the penalty free conditions.this is an example where having to give a superior point horse a start is simply bad policy. Come on Kevin ,your system is working but anomalies as stated should be eliminated. 

This has become more and more of a topic in the last year. Obviously things are not at the optimal for the betterment of the industry as a whole but poor leadership from HRNZ and complacency from trainers has provided the drive toi initiate necessary changes

agree entirely Newmarket. When issues arise that cost no money, are logical for the betterment of the industry and fair and reasonable  most Businesses would make the change "by lunchtime" but HRNZ appear to become "hey we tell you what we want not the reverse".... Many trainers grumble but they dont want to take on the might of Harness Racing, but as an owner they will get helpful "suggestions" from me as it usually costs me money everytime HRNZ refuse to change. (hope this isdifferent... they do read race cafe and they do know grizzly Legend !!)

7 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Very difficult to find winners as well if your betting. Far too many " planning " or accumulating place stakes then when you get to the big go Allstars line two up and game over $1.20 & $1.00.

Perhaps those you refer too are not playing fair so get what they deserve. The old " Bird in the hand comes to mind"