RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Horses 'sweating up' before races

Mrs Cubes read a book once that said something along the lines of ('cause she'd had a few charddys and can't remember the exact details) that this guy and his assistant observed like ten gazillion thoroughbreds before races and a statisical out-there-ness was that horses who 'sweated up' pre-race won a higher percentage of races than otherness

And The Cubemeister remembers (just) having a winner on NZ Cup day @ Riccarton that got all hot and sweaty just before the starting in the Parade Ring and Birdcage

And then Cubity saw the replay of the NZ Derby on the NZTR website and it said the 100-1 shot was very agitato pre-race

And The Cubinator also remembers getting very hot and sweaty on the wedding day to Mrs Cubes but that was 'cause she refused to sign a pre-nup and Cubes worked out half the ol' net worth was on the line but that was buggeer all anyway and is a thread for another time......

So all you experts out there in 'Caferland.....whatdaya thunk ?

Having watching plenty of races over my time, I tend to base my uneducated opinion on preliminaries, having in the last few weeks observed two runners looked absolutely awful in there preliminaries, one, very well supported raced according finishing a long way backed, vetted after the race, found to be lame, the other, late scratched at the barrier, my question is are these horses observed by the vets during their preliminaries.

I often wonder about this 'vetting to be found lame'. Surely the trainers check them closely on a daily basis and ,in case of anything happening in transit, do they not see their charges at the races or just leave them in the care of attendants? This is entirely different from anything happening in the gates.

In the queue shuffling along to get into Wembley and the mounted police are doing their crowd management .A female cop on a sweated up steed goes by , so I says , hey you’ve got that horse all hot and bothered. She says , and if I had my legs wrapped around you for 3 hours you’d   be in a sweaty lather too.:rcf-laughing-2:

1 hour ago, Al Feilding said:

In the queue shuffling along to get into Wembley and the mounted police are doing their crowd management .A female cop on a sweated up steed goes by , so I says , hey you’ve got that horse all hot and bothered. She says , and if I had my legs wrapped around you for 3 hours you’d   be in a sweaty lather too.:rcf-laughing-2:

That is a beauty!  Thankyou.:

Many years ago in Matamata, Sir Russell Campbell  was a mentor to many great horses. His property was next to ours.

He had a few in his Non Alcoholic stable by the stallion Aragon ( spelling ?) . He declared to my dad they were "free sweaters" and nervy but daisey clippers.

Spectre ( by Aragon) was a stand out for Russell .He dripped so much in the prerace birdcage that the grass turned from a good 2 to a heavy 8

Back to our 2019 Derby winner.Steven Marsh's Crown Prosecutor.Bad behaviour parade ring. Sweating: Disturbing exit to race course:. Bad preliminary.

During race defeated himself three times.

disbelief from GGrylls  at post..No Aragon blood in his blood.

On 3/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, poundforpound said:

I’d be sweating up if George Pell was heading my confession 

I think Pell made the fatal mistake of taking his brief's advice and not going in the dock! I see his QC has resigned. If I was an innocent accused the very FIRST place I would want to be is in the dock. ( Bain, Lundy, Watson, MacDonald et al all gave it the swerve which speaks volumes , in my book).

If the old git Pell managed what he was accused of then he was more nimble than Geiringer who was accused of a full performance by a woman patient who pleaded she did not know what was happening until it was all over and he was zipping up his pants! JMO