RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Charlie Bukowski

Sailesh Abernethy wtf ??

34 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

What was up with Sailesh not providing an aftermath after winning the Oaks tonight.

Always thought he was a down to earth guy , took a little bit of gloss off the big win I thought, and sadly as well...

I don't think it took any gloss off his win at all.  He may have even enjoyed saying that. He must have his reasons. 

I don't have a problem with what mickey g said either. He was saying what he thought as well.

Everyone is different,,that was just an example of it.

Media are in on everything, he wasn't rude just said he didn't want to talk to the media after his win, and actually if you think about it why should he? took nothin away from his win at all, just spoke his mind and it is his choice......Mick was taken aback, and did well to cover it but, hey, each to their own.....

Cheers Iraklis

Well done Sailesh.   Your job is to drive horses and win.    Not to answer some of the Bs questions the media ask.     Keep up the good work and endeavour to give every drive you have their best opportunity as I'm sure you will.    

Post Race Interviews on Trackside.

Frequently Mick Guerin (and Greg O'Connor) pose such long winded questions that also mix in their own answer,cannot blame any driver from feeling unwilling to be on the receiving end of any such interview.

That Tremeloes Song "Silence Is Golden" just popped into my head.

surprising thing for mine after the race was that nobody questioned the tactics of Havtime.

Team driving that butterd up the leader-they smashed the NZ record - however the stablemate wasn’t good enough on the night.

Hope the Wainui Creek can get some karma come the NZ Oaks/Harness Jewels.....

Firstly Congrats to Sailesh and the Owners, Secondly how about these junos get off there arse and talk to the owners they are the ones paying the bills  I get put off by the B/S when they always seem to interview the blue brigade yes we know they are good but come on there are others I recall time  when they dead heated with another horse O'Connor runs over to Natalie he showed that day where his allegiance lie at lest Nat did say go and talk to the other driver first and good on her.There use to be a time when Mic would go and talk to the battling Trainers /owners ect but the seems to be long ago   

Mick Guerin has form when it comes to petulant behaviour. Years ago his vicious attacks in print on Brian O’Meara and Warren Stapleton were the worst examples of harness racing journalism I have ever read. Leopards don’t change their spots!

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Mick Guerin has form when it comes to petulant behaviour. Years ago his vicious attacks in print on Brian O’Meara and Warren Stapleton were the worst examples of harness racing journalism I have ever read. Leopards don’t change their spots!

I can't see much wrong with someone expressing an opinion like he did.. Its up to others to decide whether they agree with it.  I wish he would just say what he thought all the time without the bias he shows towards high profile participants.  

If your a journalist and part of the job is to express opinions,then that's what you should do. If your only going to say nice things about everyone all the time then you should not be doing the job. Besides,it was only an off the cuff comment this time, discussing mr Abernethys decision,not a personal attack. There is a difference.That's the way I took it,and the way I think mr abernethy should.   

The reality is geurins comment has shined a brighter spotlight on mr abernethys achievement.  He has gained as much coverage and discussion as any other group 1 driver for a while. No one will forget he drove that horse to win.. so on a way,mr geurin has done him a favour.