RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chestnut

ENTRY THREAD : ALL UP ... WINX AND YOU MISS IT COMP : SATURDAY, 2 MARCH

Howdy folks  :)

ALL UP ... WINX AND YOU MISS IT COMP  :  SATURDAY 2 MARCH

An exciting day of racing in NZ and Australia, and we will run with a select three races for the   ALL UP WINX AND YOU MISS IT COMP   --  Winx and you miss it .. because we won't be including Winx's race in this comp... for obvious reasons :) but we are including some fantastic Group 1 Racing from both sides of the Tasman ... 

Races:

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm : Vodafone NZ Derby G1 3YO SW 2400m

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm : Surround Stakes G1 3YO Fillies 1400m

3.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm : Australian Guineas G1 3YO 1600m

Rules: 

1. Select ONE horse in each race.     Please post horse number, not horse name.    For Race 1 you have $10 to spend.   After that you have $10 to spend on each of the next two races as a minimum - if you earn more than $10 then ALL of what you earn will go on the next race.   If you don't win on race 1 then you will have $10 to spend on Race 2 and likewise if you don't win on Race 2 you will have $10 to spend on Race 3.   If you gain a return under $10 then we will top it up to $10 for the next race.   What you earn in Race 3 is your final total for the competition.   HIghest total after Race 3 is the winner of the Comp.  If a tie, I'll do a back track of placings in previous races.  If the same, prize will be shared.

2.   How you have allocated your money in each race out of ten, is how I will divide up your money when placing the bet in the next.  For example, if you have put $2 win/$8 place for race 2, I will divide your funds available after race 1 into 20%/80% or if you have gone 0/10 I will put 100% of funds on the place for your next selection in comp race 2 ...  

Example of posting bets below:  

13    2/8

1    0/10

5     8/2

3.   Any scratchings go on to the starting fave, there are no scratching replacements.  Once you have posted, they are locked in  :)

4.   Competition entries close at 4.00pm on Saturday - 55 minutes before first race scheduled start time.

I think that's enough of the rules and now we get down to the fun stuff   :)       

Good racing fortunes to you all   :)

Prize:   $250.00   to the winner  

For easy posting I've put a grid below that you can copy and paste or you can post as example above with your horse number and split out of 10 in comp race order:

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm : 

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm : 

2.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm :

37 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm : -10- 6/4

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm : -7

2.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm :-11

Flock, does this mean you want a 60/40 split on all three races?  If you don't get back by 4pm on Saturday I'll take it as that  :)

Just realised that the grid I put there for you all to copy and paste has an error so I've redone it for you all below if you want to use it..  it's like I'm setting you all up to fail from the start :P 

Also just to make it a little more clear re your selections and splits as some may not have taken part in the previous one of these that I ran.

Here's an imaginary one as an example:

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm :   2     5/5   (ie. 50% of funds on win/50% of funds on place)

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm :   3       0/10    (ie. 100% of funds on place)

3.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm :    1      5/5

You also can just say 5/5 for all three races at the top of your post if you prefer.   As long as your split adds to 10 and it's clear what races they are for, I'll be happy :)

Grid below for copy and pasting of your selections or you can just post your selections with $ split in comp race order:

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm : 

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm : 

3.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm :

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm :          No, 8.   5/5

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm :       No, 12. 5/5

3.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm :    No,  4,   5/5

Cheers and Thanks..............

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm :  5         7/3

2.  Randwick R7 : 6.20pm : 4         7/3                        

3.  Flemington R8 : 6.40pm : 16       7/3

Maria , thank you.

1.  Ellerslie R9 : 4.55pm : 3 $10 place