RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rusty

Chase Auckland - Chariots of Fire

Was there a gap along the inside of the leader for Chase Auckland to come through in the home straight, during the Chariots of Fire? 

I've only seen the head on shot once, and there did look to be a fair gap. 

I have never driven in a group one event, so not fully qualified to comment. 

Merely asking the question. 

20190222_065917.jpg

I recall thinking at the time "why the hell isn't she going for the inside run". In the end it probably didn't make any difference as the gap was go faster than Chase Auckland was anyway, but I guess the stipes want to know why she was looking for a non-existent run when perfectly good one was already available.

No doubt she'll have reasons a), b), c), and d) well prepared ahead of the re-convened inquiry!

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, JackSprat said:

I recall thinking at the time "why the hell isn't she going for the inside run". In the end it probably didn't make any difference as the gap was go faster than Chase Auckland was anyway, but I guess the stipes want to know why she was looking for a non-existent run when perfectly good one was already available.

No doubt she'll have reasons a), b), c), and d) well prepared ahead of the re-convened inquiry!

To me it was still travelling well which made her decision to not take the gap  very strange. Just appeared poor judgment. It would not be a surprise to see some sort of penalty imposed as a result of the investigation.

The thing I found strangest about it all was it did not appear to get a mention on the box seat. DId I miss it,or was  the most talked about aspect from a nz point of view deliberately ignored,and why?

Looking at the result of the chariots of fire it shows the driver of Chase Auckland was suspended for 8 weeks.  I assume that's right although not reported anywhere else that I can see. In nsw they just deal with the drivers based on the facts, personalities don't matter.  

I wonder if the box seat will think it newsworthy this week?

34 minutes ago, what a post said:

Looking at the result of the chariots of fire it shows the driver of Chase Auckland was suspended for 8 weeks.  I assume that's right although not reported anywhere else that I can see. In nsw they just deal with the drivers based on the facts, personalities don't matter.  

Any thoughts seeing as how you and others  brought this matter up on why she would  not try 100% in a Grp 1 race

From earlier Stewards reports the matter was adjourned till last nights meeting but no Stewards reports thus far on that meeting

Greg

JJ, I just looked it up under results for Chariots Of Fire and it now states driver suspended for 8 weeks; doesn't say what for? buggard if I know? can someone clarify what maybe the deal is there cos I can't see what she got wrong....I re-watched the race several times and yeh there might have been a gap, for few secs, lead horse closed door pretty quick though.....

Cheers Iraklis

43 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Any thoughts seeing as how you and others  brought this matter up on why she would  not try 100% in a Grp 1 race

From earlier Stewards reports the matter was adjourned till last nights meeting but no Stewards reports thus far on that meeting

Greg

Is that your take on  previous posts? Certainly not mine. Why would anyone think she would not be trying. I certainly never said that. A bit all start sensitive. Just commenting on what happened.

The race result for that meeting shows driver suspended for 8 weeks next to Chase Auckland. I assume that means the driver was suspended.  

If an investigation had been opened into her not taking a gap on the inside,i would have thought the box seat would have shown the head on film like trackside  did on race night,and that it was an obvious talking point. 

10 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Yes WhataPost I know what you mean, is there anywhere online we can view head on footage? I mean 8 weeks? for what exactly? huh......

Cheers Iraklis

not that I am aware of. It was shown on the night.  Hopefully the box seat will show it and Mickey g can restain himself to make some unbiased comments. She is an exceptional driver,but that drive was very poor and the stipes have dealt with her accordingly..

34 minutes ago, what a post said:

Is that your take on  previous posts? Certainly not mine. Why would anyone think she would not be trying. I certainly never said that. A bit all start sensitive. Just commenting on what happened.

The race result for that meeting shows driver suspended for 8 weeks next to Chase Auckland. I assume that means the driver was suspended.  

If an investigation had been opened into her not taking a gap on the inside,i would have thought the box seat would have shown the head on film like trackside  did on race night,and that it was an obvious talking point. 

To me it was still travelling well which made her decision to not take the gap  very strange. Just appeared poor judgment. It would not be a surprise to see some sort of penalty imposed as a result of the investigation.

I must have not interpreted your comment above in the correct perspective

Greg

RACE 8 – CORDINA CHICKEN FARMS CHARIOTS OF FIRE (GROUP 1) – 1609 METRES

Pre-race blood samples (full screen) were taken from POSTER BOY and IGNATIUS.  

RACKEMUP TIGERPIEwas examined and passed fit to take its place in the field when leaving the HRNSW Retention Barn.

THE BLACK PRINCE NZwas examined and passed fit to take its place in the field when leaving the HRNSW Retention Barn.

RACKEMUP TIGERPIEimproved three wide until obtaining the position outside the leader passing the 1000 metres.

IGNATIUSimproved three wide until obtaining the position outside the leader near the 700 metres.

THE BLACK PRINCE NZhad difficulty obtaining clear running in the home straight but was tested over the concluding stages.

BOYD WRITERwas held up for clear running until obtaining an inside run near the 100 metres.

ASHLEY LOCAZ NZwas held up for clear running until the 200 metres.

A post-race veterinary examination of CHASE AUCKLAND NZ failed to reveal any abnormalities.

An inquiry was opened into the running and handling of CHASE AUCKLAND NZ in the home straight on the final occasion. Following driver N Rasmussen providing an explanation into her drive, the inquiry was adjourned to allow Stewards to make further inquiries into the running of the event. The inquiry is set to resume at Menangle, Saturday 23rd February.

Stewards intend to inquire into the whip use displayed by Driver A Butt (HAIL CHRISTIAN NZ) in the home straight. The inquiry will take place at Menangle, Saturday 23rd February.

Post-race swab samples were taken from POSTER BOY (1st), ASHLEY LOCAZ NZ (2nd) and HAIL CHRISTIAN NZ (3rd).

19 hours ago, what a post said:

8 week holiday given for failing to take the inside run at the 150m mark. 

Will definitely be on the Box Seat this week and worth a watch. Head on shot will be interesting. 

Natalie has decided against appealing a heavy suspension over her drive behind Chase Auckland at Menangle last week.

After Miracle Mile night next week she will be sidelined for two months at a time when a number of feature events such as the Woodlands Northern Derby on March 8 behind Ultimate Sniper plus a host of other features and wins. The case was heard on Saturday.

“I had the certain feeling last week I was in for a suspension and probably a longer one. I was sure they had made up their minds about the charge so I was ready for something like this”

“Appealing this sort of charge is a headache anyway with all the coming and going and while I will miss those good races I am rather looking forward to a break from the driving to be honest !”

All Stars Webpage

Still no Stewards report for the 23rd February

Yeh FTMuch, I read that and the herald report this morning, it will be interesting to see head on video as to this gap on the inside etc.....just sorta feel Nat's damned if she does, damned if she don't at the mo, she copped a fine for use of whip Sat (Thefixer) as well for 'engaging her shoulder' anyone got clarification on that ruling here? it just sounds bit suss to me......

Cheers Iraklis

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh FTMuch, I read that and the herald report this morning, it will be interesting to see head on video as to this gap on the inside etc.....just sorta feel Nat's damned if she does, damned if she don't at the mo, she copped a fine for use of whip Sat (Thefixer) as well for 'engaging her shoulder' anyone got clarification on that ruling here? it just sounds bit suss to me......

Cheers Iraklis

We are talking Ozzies here so anything goes when the Kiwis look like plundering their stake money. Remember Hes Remarkable or that thing of the Dennis Bros who should have been promoted in Queensland Oaks

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

We are talking Ozzies here so anything goes when the Kiwis look like plundering their stake money. Remember Hes Remarkable or that thing of the Dennis Bros who should have been promoted in Queensland Oaks

They  would have suspended any driver who did the same. Interesting conspiracy theory though.

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Anyone seen head on yet

I can't find the head on shot anywhere online, but it was shown on Trackside as part of the replay immediately after the race.

It's always hard to judge the proximity to the finish line in a head on shot, but from what I recall there did look to be a bit of room on the inside of the leading horse as it ran out slowly but surely, as it got more tired and the pressure went on. No passing lane in operation but there must have been sufficient room for Chase Auckland to look for a run there.... as the stewards wouldn't have raised an enquiry and Nat would have appealed it surely, if she severely disagreed with the charge. 

Hindsight is a great thing though, and split second decisions are never easy to get right 100% of the time. I still think she is one of the best drivers going around. Her record speaks for itself.