RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

2019 NZBS Sales

12 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Put simply there is no obvious venue, other than the current one. If i was on the NZBS think tank i would be looking very seriously at moving the top 200-250 lots to Karaka in future and sell the lesser lights in  the combined general sale they hold in April

Wouldn’t that be an inconvenience for South Island breeders?.   Would add a lot of expense transporting horses and staff up there and possibly interupt their preparation.   They would need to get an extra 5k per horse to make it worthwhile. Remember most horses are bred in South Island so makes more sense to sell them there.  Then if they are purchased by south islander they need to be transported back again.   Wouldn’t it make more sence to put in air conditioning unit. I am  sure some engineer could make it work.  That way for a one off cost you save all this unnecessary travel.   CCC might even come to the party.

10 hours ago, lamour said:

Wouldn’t that be an inconvenience for South Island breeders?.   Would add a lot of expense transporting horses and staff up there and possibly interupt their preparation.   They would need to get an extra 5k per horse to make it worthwhile. Remember most horses are bred in South Island so makes more sense to sell them there.  Then if they are purchased by south islander they need to be transported back again.   Wouldn’t it make more sence to put in air conditioning unit. I am  sure some engineer could make it work.  That way for a one off cost you save all this unnecessary travel.   CCC might even come to the party.

Your argument is sound but as i said i bet you someone at NZBS will suggest my  point in the future. NZBS had something like 12 staff to accommodate and travel south for this sale , would not be cheap

2 hours ago, Dibbles said:

Maybe they will look at putting the entries up to what the TB pay to help cover the costs…their entries are $250 more. Makes it interesting for the combined sale in April with one code paying more for the same thing?

Rome was not built in a day Officer Dibble:rcfe-happy-2:

On 2/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, Fartoomuch said:

Put simply there is no obvious venue, other than the current one. If i was on the NZBS think tank i would be looking very seriously at moving the top 200-250 lots to Karaka in future and sell the lesser lights in  the combined general sale they hold in April

What about the breeders - who is going to pay the transport etc ?

North Island is all about 2 vendors who want to run the whole thing for their own selfish self .

The industry needs 2000 foals per annum and Auckland manage to sell 100 - they should get last crack and stop running the South Island breeders down .

3 hours ago, LongOwner said:

North Island is all about 2 vendors who want to run the whole thing for their own selfish self .

The industry needs 2000 foals per annum and Auckland manage to sell 100 - they should get last crack and stop running the South Island breeders down .

I don’t think holding all sales at Karaka is ever going to work for reasons you mention.  If NZB went that way it would open up an opportunity for another sales company to come into the market.   Southland breeders are very progressive and would not put up with extra travel and overheads involved. 

12 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Where is the evidence that that is occuring , i.e running SS breeders down