RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Flabbergasted

AUCKLAND DROUGHT

It appears that Auckland is in the grip of a drought given the track surface today.

The distinct lack of water is blatantly evident and as usual complaints and expert advice just falls on deaf ears.

Those in power at the club always know better than everyone else and treat lp's with contempt just shrugging them off as being whingers and poor losers. 

Well that's BS because i never had a runner today - but I am not blind and never had a bet because I saw how poor the track was. Dogs are just struggling to get footing on the loose and at least one dog has already been injured and there is little doubt that it was due to the poor state and it'll come as no surprise if there's  more.  

With the Auckland Cup and Railway on their doorstep it's time to get their act together before it's too late.  

Yeah exactly and it's about time they bit the bullet and did something proactive for the sport especially with such a high focus on animal welfare and they keep serving up poor surfaces mainly as a result of under-prepared tracks. Turning the freaking water on the day before racing will go along way to rectifying the track issues.  

Agree the track water problem is unbelievable..2 of my 4 dogs did pads...why put water on the track and then put the pads around 5 times after on the tractor which drys out the track....unfortunate we have robert roberts running things and no management...track staff dont want to be told what to do by a robot in the office...i was told when i scratched 13 dogs 3yrs ago by the riu that someone has to be at the track the day before racing.....this has not happened ...bow your heads again auckland your a disgrace..

1 hour ago, bus stop said:

Yes and the Cambridge track is no better the sand compostion is not correct to many pot holes in the sand after the mat has been over it 

The problem these clubs have is being sued ...auckland for example refuse to listen...as i said the riu have said all racing clubs have to have track staff on tracks the day before and morning off races....this is not happening at auckland which leaves them open to be sued if a dog breaks down due to neglect....funny thing when it happens it will be every one elses fault bar theres.

20 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

The problem these clubs have is being sued ...auckland for example refuse to listen...as i said the riu have said all racing clubs have to have track staff on tracks the day before and morning off races....this is not happening at auckland which leaves them open to be sued if a dog breaks down due to neglect....funny thing when it happens it will be every one elses fault bar theres.

The talk is some trainers have not nominated for the big race heats because of the state of the track.

23 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Yep. If the clubs can't get their act together, I am of the opinion that the trainers have every right to sue. The wanganui case is a good example of this. You will get no justice within the industry so this seems to be the only way to go

On 2/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, Hound Fan said:

I believe there would be little to no chance of successfully sueing the Akl club if a dog broke down whilst on track, reason’s being: there is a sign (or was) just to the right of the kennel block entrance that clearly states you are running your dogs on track at your own risk and the club is not liable for any harm that may occur. Secondly I would suspect that if you are a member of the club you have therefore agreed to their rules and regulations whilst signing the membership form. Personally I think the onus is on the trainer to inspect the track prior to running their dog to ensure it’s up to what they think is a safe standard? If their not completely satisfied it is then don’t run their. The Wanganui case is a different kettle of fish altogether.

19 minutes ago, My Two Cents said:

I believe there would be little to no chance of successfully sueing the Akl club if a dog broke down whilst on track, reason’s being: there is a sign (or was) just to the right of the kennel block entrance that clearly states you are running your dogs on track at your own risk and the club is not liable for any harm that may occur. Secondly I would suspect that if you are a member of the club you have therefore agreed to their rules and regulations whilst signing the membership form. Personally I think the onus is on the trainer to inspect the track prior to running their dog to ensure it’s up to what they think is a safe standard? If their not completely satisfied it is then don’t run their. The Wanganui case is a different kettle of fish altogether.

Every club has a duty of care regardless of a disclaimer, but that isn't what I wish to discuss, nor comment on the track specifically. I am quoting you with corrections: "If their not completely satisfied then don’t run there." That quote is contentious in that trainers have no knowledge of track conditions until they arrive at the track. Unlike thoroughbred trainers, we do not have the absolute right to scratch because we believe the track to be unsafe or unsuitable. The RIU has brought cases against trainers who have withdrawn their dogs on the day. I don't agree that trainers should have been pursued, but that is my personal opinion. I believe that rules around withdrawal need to be changed.

43 minutes ago, Emotive said:

Every club has a duty of care regardless of a disclaimer, but that isn't what I wish to discuss, nor comment on the track specifically. I am quoting you with corrections: "If their not completely satisfied then don’t run there." That quote is contentious in that trainers have no knowledge of track conditions until they arrive at the track. Unlike thoroughbred trainers, we do not have the absolute right to scratch because we believe the track to be unsafe or unsuitable. The RIU has brought cases against trainers who have withdrawn their dogs on the day. I don't agree that trainers should have been pursued, but that is my personal opinion. I believe that rules around withdrawal need to be changed.

I couldn’t agree more re change to the rules for scratching a runner due to track conditions, 9 times out of 10 when these instances occur the majority of the trainers on track are of the same mindset.