RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

TAB at their best again?

Thanks Memphis, Pyrmont, Broadway. Great central location, sister getting hitched this arvo.

Great day for it, only one problem, the wedding is at 4.30, would have liked to pop over to Randwick to see Winx perform.

Better not be late for the wedding!

Been tipped Theawnswermyfriend Leo, paying $8.00 on fixed odds!

hi mate.Prob make it back from Randwick in half an hour but traffic is unpredictable.

Plenty of pub TABS in your area.Impress them by pulling off a plunge.

You might be able to watch the race in between wedding and festivities.

Thanks, wedding venue is about 30 mins from here, so I won’t chance it. Had a little hand in the breeding of the champ, we trained  Al Akbar when he was racing and Paul Cash asked me when he retired if he was a chance of making a stallion.

I gave him the thumbs up, and the resulting progeny was Vegas Showgirl, Winx’s mum.

Al Akbar met a sad demise, and his record as a broodmare sire is very good!

We did bring him to Sydney where he won a G3 race beating Big Dreams.

He was a real gentleman around the stable, although he did fancy mounting the fibreglass horse at Riccarton after he won the Stewards Handicap, our strapper on the day Stu Munro was able to reign him in.

Yes he was a good horse.Chances are I was there the day he won.Especially if it was Rosehill.

Big Dreams was a fair sort of horsetoo.Great that Al Akbar turned into a good broodmare sire.Tobe associated with Winx is a big feather in his hat.

That was back in the day when numerous Kiwi horses came over and excelled.At good prices usually.Ozis wanted to see them first and Kiwis wanted to get the expenses early.

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Over in Sydney for a family wedding today, tried to access the TAB site, and I am not able to.

Why would this happen?

Access from OZ has been blocked for some time. Need to change your IP.

24 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Access from OZ has been blocked for some time. Need to change your IP.

Even easier than that.

Just leave your home computer on and access it from your phone using either Logmein or Team Viewer. 5 mins set up and away you go.

Both those programmes have Apps in Apple and Android.

20 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Yes he was a good horse.Chances are I was there the day he won.Especially if it was Rosehill.

Big Dreams was a fair sort of horsetoo.Great that Al Akbar turned into a good broodmare sire.Tobe associated with Winx is a big feather in his hat.

That was back in the day when numerous Kiwi horses came over and excelled.At good prices usually.Ozis wanted to see them first and Kiwis wanted to get the expenses early.

Like Chris did if I remember correctly .I was living in Brisbane in the early 90,S and saw Chris had a horse in down south got sidetracked and home it rolled over 100/1 but Chris could fill us in with the correct Divi I’m sure.

Who does these TAB comments . I've had little ew bet on Mandorani in first today as following my money from good run last time. Comments are " ran two good races down on West Coast " , nope one ok race West Coast the  improved race up North Island . It's nit picking but pretty average really , what other  comments are BS. Do they still say trained locally Kranji  for Singapore . 

49 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

1990 Puha, Royal Pay, Caulfield Cup Day, The Spring Plate, ridden by Robert Heffernan. Paid $60.60 for a 50c unit that was available back in those days. $121.20. Two of the owners were on course and got half the trifecta, over $20,000 if I remember correctly.

Yeah I remember standing in a TAB in Brissy shaking my head cussing the one that got away :)

53 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Logged on now...."No racing available.."

And these clowns are going to increase stakes by how much.....????

WTF....???

:rcf-clown:

I see that En Suite going again, I remember you mentioned it Kumara , I backed it Sunday . It's gotta grab one soon  , what you reckon on today ?