CBT

We just saw the Australian Guineas winner......

54 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Trump said:

Is The Autumn Sun not running in the Aust Guineas?

Randwick Guineas the week after is the plan for him Ernie.

11 hours ago, Red Rum said:

What's the horses to look out for this Autumn in Melb/Sydney  CBT ? 

Hey Red Rum,

Avilius was huge first up at Caulfield on the weekend and you’d expect if he remains sound this preparation should win the Australian Cup. 

Osborne Bulls ran a slashing 3rd in The Everest last year and I think he can win the Newmarket. 

The Autumn Sun will be exciting this preparation and will probably win all his grand finals he is being set for.

Looking forward to seeing Winx back this weekend. 

Exciting few weeks racing ahead.

CBT, Although your “Australian Guineas Winner”, Mystic Journey, has the right breeding to win the Guineas, with Eight Carat and Bletchingly blood in her veins, one has to question her form and wins. She’s beaten nobody - hardly the form to win the AG. On top of that, I think there’s been only one filly win in the last 20 years (Miss Finland 12 years ago). The bookies have got her fave at this early stage and will suck a few easy dollars off the mug punters, but I can’t see her winning the AG on form. There’s some handy colts who’ve raced in top class company and done the deed and they are at good prices. If Extra Brut starts I’d be keen on him if the price is right. But Mystic Journey I couldn’t have.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

CBT, Although your “Australian Guineas Winner”, Mystic Journey, has the right breeding to win the Guineas, with Eight Carat and Bletchingly blood in her veins, one has to question her form and wins. She’s beaten nobody - hardly the form to win the AG. On top of that, I think there’s been only one filly win in the last 20 years (Miss Finland 12 years ago). The bookies have got her fave at this early stage and will suck a few easy dollars off the mug punters, but I can’t see her winning the AG on form. There’s some handy colts who’ve raced in top class company and done the deed and they are at good prices. If Extra Brut starts I’d be keen on him if the price is right. But Mystic Journey I couldn’t have.

Ernie, she’s just toweled up the open class horses on an unsuitable surface she was never comfortable in stepping up from 1100m fresh up to 1400m and not fully wound up.

Given a half decent surface at Flemington combined with the long straight she’ll give them all a start and a beating. Don’t forget to vote for her in the All Star Mile. ;)

10 hours ago, CBT said:

Hey Red Rum,

Avilius was huge first up at Caulfield on the weekend and you’d expect if he remains sound this preparation should win the Australian Cup. 

Osborne Bulls ran a slashing 3rd in The Everest last year and I think he can win the Newmarket. 

The Autumn Sun will be exciting this preparation and will probably win all his grand finals he is being set for.

Looking forward to seeing Winx back this weekend. 

Exciting few weeks racing ahead.

James Cummings looks to be  doing a good job at Godolphin  . Top days racing that Super Saturday so will keep eye on OB.

I see Team Williams have Johannes Vermeer and Rekindling listed as active and entered up so iam interested to see how they come back . Douglas MacArthur worth keeping eye on , beat Yucatan back in Ireland but been off a while . Ran in the Derby in 2017.

Will keep eye on the Guineas market,  Extra Brut had hard Spring,  might have taken bit out him but TAS is special by looks of it.

Going to be a top 8 or so weeks CBT 

The day of reckoning is coming up for Mystic Journey! At least you’ll get double your usual odds CT! I can’t see it winning but good luck to you if it does. The fillies have a poor record in this race and she’s not exceptional - having not beaten the main contenders. One of the boys will win - but which one??

19 hours ago, Trump said:

The day of reckoning is coming up for Mystic Journey! At least you’ll get double your usual odds CT! I can’t see it winning but good luck to you if it does. The fillies have a poor record in this race and she’s not exceptional - having not beaten the main contenders. One of the boys will win - but which one??

I would’ve been more confident if she’d drawn a wider gate Ernie but drawing the ace is not the end of the world. 

They might end up riding her more aggressively from the barrier and she could well be even more lethal with her sprint handier to the pace. B)

On 2/27/2019 at 7:56 PM, Trump said:

Bumped in to Matty Campbell at the Rebels v Highlanders game last night. 

He likes MJ and Ringadingding. Big money today for the latter today. B)

33 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

After the way you behaved around those fillies yesterday you should give yourself a dozen uppercuts 

Haha.......but keeping up with Luscious Lips Leo would indeed be difficult....what a Host !

Attracting many of the top trainers and a bevy of luvly ladies the Racecafe agitator proved to be a welcoming and alluring host.

All in all an excellent days racing worthy of any Derby day.

With a little guidance his tips were good as well ,and if anybody missed it he sponsored a race as well..

But the big question would be.......how did he get home ??

We had a great day.

Ellerslie does that hosting thing very well, nothing is a problem for them.

We all made money too, most unusual that ( for me anyway )

Can’t wait for next Saturday .....the mighty Consensus will burst the Melody Belle bubble in The Bonecrusher (  probably her last ever NZ start )..then we’ll party ......

7 hours ago, CBT said:

And she gets the Wildcard B)

8DC6A08F-6C64-4B19-8177-4676C7EEA4CF.png

How's Foundry got those votes , was it a kind of publicity machine to get public on board for him . He was a good horse at one time but big lay off and not a miler . Not sure about All Star Mile , looks a Some Stars Mile as some padding in that field .I wouldn't discout old Hartnell.

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

How's Foundry got those votes , was it a kind of publicity machine to get public on board for him . He was a good horse at one time but big lay off and not a miler . Not sure about All Star Mile , looks a Some Stars Mile as some padding in that field .I wouldn't discout old Hartnell.

Definitely an interesting concept Red Rum, but I agree, it’s ended up a field of all sorts with the voting process becoming a popularity contest, apart from the Wildcards. 

That being said it does give the battlers a chance for decent prize money in a race they normally wouldn’t qualify for. 

Looking forward to seeing Mystic Journey step out of her age group particularly against Alizee.

I reckon they will change the concept next year. Compared to the Everest and the Kosciusko, this promotion has been a failure imho. Apart from about 5 horses, the rest of the field is questionable. A $5m Race at that.