RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pickle

Boys get Paid

I have read all of the above posts and given this matter considerable thought.  Boys Get Paid must be welcomed to the course, any course.  They should have their own area to boost the sense of camaraderie.  I suggest that lounge at the top the public stand at Tauranga, Beecher's Brook lounge at Te Rapa and the top of the Ellerslie Stand.  They are to get a rebate of 3.5% of all on-course turnover, in excess of $12,000 in THAT area on race day.  The $12,000 threshold gets the club to recover its fixed expenses.  The printouts from the TAB make the rebate calculation simple.  Clubs hosting Boys Get Paid should keep their totes in those areas open, after the last race,  until the demand for bets gets low.  Once the Boys are phonged up on grog they will bet big.  An eftpos machine handy could well pay for itself, because they will be seeking extra working capital at that time of the day.  But do not charge them a fee to use the eftpos machine.  That is the sort of thing that really irritates blokes with a few drinks on board.  The 3.5% rebate will encourage the administrators of Boys Get Paid.  The noise they created on Karaka night at Ellerslie was great.  People who know they will spend a lot of time in a pine box so they must make the most of every moment on earth before they are interred.

I have seen the TAB printout for a day that Boys Get Paid were set loose.  Total on course turnover was $118k.  Boys Get Paid's lounge accounted for $71k of that sum.  They do give it a lick along.

I will bore you with a story about a bloke who used to run Crown & Anchor nights for the local squash club's building fund.  He instructed the croupiers that when a punter first came to the table they were to make a mistake in the change;  give him three $5 notes for a tenner.  Give him three $10 notes for a $20 note.  It stuffed up the punters' brains and the squash club ended up getting the lot.  Punters, like Boys Get Paid, are a weird lot, and they must be encouraged so that they have a whale of a lot of fun spending plenty.  Easy bet sales people must all be female.  They should wear low cut tops and display adequate cleavage.   Flat chested sales people should wear a skirt that accentuates their lovely butt.  Women with neither attribute should be operating the dishwashers, out the back.  My comments may be considered cynical, but I have observed punters for more than half a century.

3 hours ago, nick said:

Stick to the topic? These plenty of claims flying around about people who run bgp on here without them been pulled up. I got called a tosser the other day or is it just selective people you call out

Nick just trying to keep everyone on topic...nothing personal and i do not see every post...but i did see that one and mentioned it...no singling anyone out.. I totally agree with you about BGP can only be good for the industry...and bloody hell we need new initiatives.

27 minutes ago, Toblerone said:

I play in a sports team with a dozen guys aged late 20s and early 30s.

Approximately zero of them have any family connection to racing, nor any real knowledge of the industry.

The extent of their racing involvement was easybets at the tavern over a few jugs.

A couple of them got added to Boys Get Paid, had a few wins and are now hooked.

Most of the team is on there and they live for the hot tips and all they talk about is the next Ellerslie race meeting they can attend or the Punters Club they can get in to.

I'm a harness guy and have done absolutely nothing to foster their interest.

But because of BGP, there are now 8-10 guys, all professionals with good income, and plenty of disposable, hooked on to the industry.

This is only a small bunch of guys but I get the feeling it's a microcosm of the BGP movement and it's impact as well as future potential.

I’ve got people at work with 0 interest prior into the punters club this year and now they are all bar 1 staying in for the duration of it aswell as having joined the group. 

These are guys in there 20s that now take an interest in what racing is on.

Surely like you have said this has to have future potential 

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Nick just trying to keep everyone on topic...nothing personal and i do not see every post...but i did see that one and mentioned it...no singling anyone out.. I totally agree with you about BGP can only be good for the industry...and bloody hell we need new initiatives.

No worries probably a tad of an overreaction from myself.

I just see no problem with what bgp is trying to achieve and bar the rebate thing which people are well within their rights disagree with don’t see what harm a bunch of people can do that are getting more young people into racing.

Will definitely keep on topic and not get peosonal

Tell you what - there's a group of people that hang out on these sites and say that the racing game is dying. They bemoan everything new that comes, bag the shit out of people who are trying to add interest to the game and create new ways and initiatives for people to get involved. Largely they are bitter keyboard warriors. They make little to no contribution in most instances other than to sit back and moan and bitch about absolutely nothing.

Yet, they are the same people that when a something like BGP comes along, look for the negatives in it. Bag the people behind it, through wild accusations around and can't see past the end of their own crooked and bent noses. Here's a new flash, it's because of people with mindsets like this that the industry is struggling in some corners. The negativity is ridiculous. Yes, there are things that can be done and things that need improved - show me a sector of life where there isn't some struggles. 

I joined Boys Get Paid back when there was less then 100 members. It was a group of lads who threw the odd tip around in the hope of making a quick buck. Largely it was pretty successful, there was some good heat and some big bets landed. Over the past two years I've sat back and watched that page morph into something quite remarkable. I grew up in a township of non racing people. I could reel off a list of about 50 people from my small town who are now frequent racing punters because of BGP - they got a taste, and they liked it. 

It's nontraditional in the sense that there is banter, noise and a new way of looking at punting - but you can't deny that it's a real positive for our industry. They're pumping money across the tote, not just on the big days but even days like today. This morning a tip was posted for a horse at Manawatu. In an hour that horse had moved from it's $31 quote into $11 and it's still dropping. There are countless examples of weights on money being placed on horses because of the BGP input. 

One person throws a tip up and you can almost guarantee that a good percentage of the wagering on that particular runner will be held by members of BGP. 

Luke Kemeys is a bloody genius. The foresight that man has and the ideas him and his mates have come up with for the future are exciting. 

The establishment of the foundation is only another positive step forward, they want to bring people back to the races, encourage the industry to be better and challenge those who have had it good for far too long. And they're doing it in a way which may just ensure that the missing generation of punters are slowly but surely returning to the game. How anyone can bemoan a request that will only be beneficial for the industry going forward is beyond me. 

Like anything, it's not yet perfect and it probably never will be. But it's heading in the right direction and being driven by a group of enthusiastic racing fans who have some pretty smart business acumen behind them. And from what I can see it's only going to get better. 

4 hours ago, nick said:

No i literally come on here and read posts where all you do is whinge about everything. I don’t care what you think of me..

You pleople all complain about every aspect of racing yet when something new comes along you complain about that. 

When have i ever claimed that racing owes BGP anything. Dont ever put words on me that i did not say

This thread has gone off on a tangent, I don't agree with BGP getting oncourse rebates from racing clubs, but like everyone else I welcome their involvement and initiative in all aspects of racing. Just to be clear, I think most on this thread would feel the same but for some reason it's gone off on a stop bagging BGP tangent which as intellectually limited as I am I have not thought at any time this thread was about.

Counter Punch.

Fighting talk but what have you said.

1. No real ideas but plenty criticism of others.

2. You make it sound as if the goal of BGP is punting, punting and more punting. I doubt that is the founders goal but if it is it is doomed to failure.

3 . BGP is a list probably near enough equivalent in size say to racecafe and Auckland Racing club email list. The three being very much different.

Racecafe is constricted by privacy consideration and I doubt a mass advertising email from a product sponsor would be legal.

Auckland Racing club is a mixture of commercial and racegoers.

BGP is an internet created list using various tools available through the web.

Plenty other organisations within racing with a list example The Informant must have a fairly substantial one.

So it boils down how each list is used by their owners. BGP is the interesting one probably with the greatest challenge. I would hate to see it somehow helping the likes of John Allen getting a payrise but I look forward to any positive initiatives but only where punting is secondary.

6 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Counter Punch.

Fighting talk but what have you said.

1. No real ideas but plenty criticism of others.

2. You make it sound as if the goal of BGP is punting, punting and more punting. I doubt that is the founders goal but if it is it is doomed to failure.

3 . BGP is a list probably near enough equivalent in size say to racecafe and Auckland Racing club email list. The three being very much different.

Racecafe is constricted by privacy consideration and I doubt a mass advertising email from a product sponsor would be legal.

Auckland Racing club is a mixture of commercial and racegoers.

BGP is an internet created list using various tools available through the web.

Plenty other organisations within racing with a list example The Informant must have a fairly substantial one.

So it boils down how each list is used by their owners. BGP is the interesting one probably with the greatest challenge. I would hate to see it somehow helping the likes of John Allen getting a payrise but I look forward to any positive initiatives but only where punting is secondary.

Of course they are all about punting & while the hell should it not be? What do you mean its doomed to failure, in what possible way?.

They are having a bloody great time, winning a few $ & entertaining thousands, what else do they have to do?. 

Rebates are designed to assist large investments that contribute to pool sizes (exotics mainly) whom over a period of time don't break even, its a reward for the contribution to enlarge the pools. Fixed odds win betting doesnt feature on the list. For this reason any bets they make unless large in the exotics should not qualify for rebates.

I  imagine they have been receiving something under an affiliates programme for a fair while already for new accounts etc, increase that % is the logical way to go if they want a bit more.

Clubs are free to offer them drinks/feed freebies & the occasional betting voucher if they choose.

58 minutes ago, barryb said:

I  imagine they have been receiving something under an affiliates programme for a fair while already for new accounts etc, increase that % is the logical way to go if they want a bit more.

My understanding is that the NZ TAB provide nothing to BGP in the way of any rebate or affiliate scheme.

23 minutes ago, horseboy said:

My understanding is that the NZ TAB provide nothing to BGP in the way of any rebate or affiliate scheme.

They have missed a huge opportunity if not.

Send all new accounts overseas then till they do, Sportsbet, Bet Easy, Ladbrokes will pay. Get all members to open accounts with all 3, BGP will have money coming out of their ears. Deposit bonuses for all accounts open, everyone wins.

8 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I have read all of the above posts and given this matter considerable thought.  Boys Get Paid must be welcomed to the course, any course.  They should have their own area to boost the sense of camaraderie.  I suggest that lounge at the top the public stand at Tauranga, Beecher's Brook lounge at Te Rapa and the top of the Ellerslie Stand.  They are to get a rebate of 3.5% of all on-course turnover, in excess of $12,000 in THAT area on race day.  The $12,000 threshold gets the club to recover its fixed expenses.  The printouts from the TAB make the rebate calculation simple.  Clubs hosting Boys Get Paid should keep their totes in those areas open, after the last race,  until the demand for bets gets low.  Once the Boys are phonged up on grog they will bet big.  An eftpos machine handy could well pay for itself, because they will be seeking extra working capital at that time of the day.  But do not charge them a fee to use the eftpos machine.  That is the sort of thing that really irritates blokes with a few drinks on board.  The 3.5% rebate will encourage the administrators of Boys Get Paid.  The noise they created on Karaka night at Ellerslie was great.  People who know they will spend a lot of time in a pine box so they must make the most of every moment on earth before they are interred.

I have seen the TAB printout for a day that Boys Get Paid were set loose.  Total on course turnover was $118k.  Boys Get Paid's lounge accounted for $71k of that sum.  They do give it a lick along.

I will bore you with a story about a bloke who used to run Crown & Anchor nights for the local squash club's building fund.  He instructed the croupiers that when a punter first came to the table they were to make a mistake in the change;  give him three $5 notes for a tenner.  Give him three $10 notes for a $20 note.  It stuffed up the punters' brains and the squash club ended up getting the lot.  Punters, like Boys Get Paid, are a weird lot, and they must be encouraged so that they have a whale of a lot of fun spending plenty.  Easy bet sales people must all be female.  They should wear low cut tops and display adequate cleavage.   Flat chested sales people should wear a skirt that accentuates their lovely butt.  Women with neither attribute should be operating the dishwashers, out the back.  My comments may be considered cynical, but I have observed punters for more than half a century.

That last paragraph might be best not shown to the government of the day as an industry going forward that wants dollars out of them. It is a  racetrack not a girlie bar and not all BGP mug punters I would have thought . The ones in it I know of are not mugs ready to chug out endless dollars when pissed . Shear the sheep don't kill it .

Red Rum, I have never ever been in a Boys Get Paid function.  I have listened to plenty who have.  That is why I made my comments.  The racing industry is not looking for money out of the government.  It is looking to be considered in a fair manner.  If my anecdotes hinder that, then I am sorry.

The problem with shearing sheep is that, compared to 1951, the wool price is Shiite house.  There is no way I would suggest throttling the goose that lays the golden egg.,

Girlie bar?  My lawyer mate tells me that he has never ever had so many new young clients turn up since the lovely one with big tits and an arse to die for kept bending over lots when she was the receptionist.

18 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Red Rum, I have never ever been in a Boys Get Paid function.  I have listened to plenty who have.  That is why I made my comments.  The racing industry is not looking for money out of the government.  It is looking to be considered in a fair manner.  If my anecdotes hinder that, then I am sorry.

The problem with shearing sheep is that, compared to 1951, the wool price is Shiite house.  There is no way I would suggest throttling the goose that lays the golden egg.,

Girlie bar?  My lawyer mate tells me that he has never ever had so many new young clients turn up since the lovely one with big tits and an arse to die for kept bending over lots when she was the receptionist.

Look to be fair TN being honest  if I was in strife I might head along to that lawyer and spend a bit of time at reception  fumbling through my old paper booklet  diary  sorting my next meeting and not worrying about nit picking the bill.

I suppose we will all see what happens after four or five big losses, this being an industry where, not letting Joe know, is what its all about !

I wish them well, but if I had a winner, i would send them and everyone else the other way  ...............................  :)  

On 2/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, Swoopa said:

Hats off to these guys for giving it a go and getting a  following.Can the BGP boys join the dots on the following so we can clarify the if,but and maybe doing the rounds!!

(1)Will you be at every meeting in the near future? Or just Saturday meetings? Or 4/5 times a year?

(2)If certain clubs are willing to pay a percentage, how much will you be asking for?

(3)How will this club percentage be used by BGP?

(4)Where would you see your percentage coming from the amount of revenue  or turnover?

Thanks in advance and good luck with BGP

Anyone home BGP??

Here is one down your way for you to pop along to Swoopa:

AWAPUNI SIRES PRODUCE DAY 30 March 2019

Turbo country’s time to bring the energy.

Sires Day Saturday 30th

One of BGP’s original favourite race-days with the 2yo Group One Sires. 
The Manawatu BGP lads are putting together an event for where BGP all started and my word you’re getting some value here.

The Day’s Plan

Breakfast with the best  
Join the Little Avondale (LA) Stud team of Sam Williams along with Bevan Sweeney for a coffee and a bite to eat while we parade some horses and get some insight into the best bets for the day.

The Big Go - The Courtesy Ford Awapuni Sires Produce Group 1 raceday.
- 5 sponsored drinks (sponsors TBC)
- Subsidised drinks all day
- Lunch
- Interviews between races with some local trainers and jockeys
- On course BGP punters club races 2 – 8 featuring guest selectors
- Band after the last until late

Tickets are only $102 with $50 of each ticket going into the on course punters club so everybody has an entry. More punters club tickets can be brought on race day.

The Manawatu Racing Club will also kindly donate $5 of every ticket to the BGP Foundation.

Bonus Bet
⛳ Love a bit of ?
Friday 29th
If you’re in town, The Central Districts Trainers Assn are running there annual Ambrose golf tournament at Palmerston North Golf Club. Teams of 4. Booze and food included. Team numbers are limited and this does generally sell out so contact Michael Sheridan ASAP if you wish to enter a team -he will provide further details.

Friday Night the Gold Cup Festival continues with the Manawatu Trotting Cup. If previous years are anything to go buy this is a great night out. We haven’t organised an event as such here but there’s a tote, a bar and some decent harness racing so you know what to do…

As long as there are more people going to the races, putting more money into either the racetracks or the industry's coffers, then go for it. No different from being an affiliate. If they get some reward, then others may follow suit and in the end we may have multiple betting service providers doing the same thing. All the better. What do you think out sourcing, white labelling and affiliate schemes are? If you don't agree with this then you are all truly bonkers and need to side with the brigade that has absolutely screwed the industry backwards, sideways and front ways.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:06 AM, Huey said:

Where is Nerula?

What a great opportunity for the Owners Federation to finally show its teeth. Time for the poor owners to get paid a starters incentive , by the clubs for providing product.

Owners Get Paid!

Owners Get Paid!

Owners Get Paid!

"Go the Poor down trodden Owners" 

Surely we can get a Polo shirt out their and hang a flag up at Ellerslie and get looked after?

Just need someone to get off their arse and do it. , stop complaining about the people who have and make some noise themselves.

OGP Would be a great venture, but it does take a lot of time, patience, love for all not just their self, like most racing people do, care about themselves not the game..

not saying you are, just someone needs to do something and stop bagging the doers!!

Polos are a start tho

On 2/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Tauhei Notts said:

Wowwee