RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pickle

Boys get Paid

3 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

And full time negative whinger on this site. Try having a happy thought every now and then instead of calling other contributors tossers as you did to Nick earlier.

Thanks FTM. I actually enjoyed him calling me a tosser. Proves the point about the old whingers in the industry who would rather it died a slow painful death than have something new try and reinvigorate it. 

Just now, nick said:

Thanks FTM. I actually enjoyed him calling me a tosser. Proves the point about the old whingers in the industry who would rather it died a slow painful death than have something new try and reinvigorate it. 

The Everest for U35’s is a classic example and a huge success. Living in the past is killing NZ racing. Forget referring to the “good ole days, La Mer, Great Sensation, etc”. Times have changed and those that don’t change with the times will die a slow death - eg, South Australia and NZ racing. Qld not far behind but a hint of change due to the Industry players demanding it.

4 minutes ago, nick said:

Im hearing you , when you get that bitter and twisted about things its probably time to reset your views on modern life. His best hope is to actually talk to younger people and find out what they are thinking and what is important to them. I have found it most helpful  in business and yes there have been plenty of times when i shake my head in disbelief at what they say and do.

18 hours ago, Razy as said:

Nope, do you bring 300 people and 170000 dollars?

do you know how much work goes on behind the scenes before and after, all for free, and they have started a non profit foundation, whats anyone else in this fuked game doing?? Except sitting on their arse bagging every other person or idea out there??

What planet are you on to think Luke Kemeys does it for free? Ellerslie charged him $50/ticket for Karaka day and he then charged the group $100/ticket. A nice clip of the ticket right there ...

42 minutes ago, Richmond Tiger said:

What planet are you on to think Luke Kemeys does it for free? Ellerslie charged him $50/ticket for Karaka day and he then charged the group $100/ticket. A nice clip of the ticket right there ...

And your issue is??? How in any way does it affect you or anyone else...I would of thought we all should be thanking the guys for showing initiative and getting interest from new people in racing... I think it can only be good..what am I missing here???

Hats off to these guys for giving it a go and getting a  following.Can the BGP boys join the dots on the following so we can clarify the if,but and maybe doing the rounds!!

(1)Will you be at every meeting in the near future? Or just Saturday meetings? Or 4/5 times a year?

(2)If certain clubs are willing to pay a percentage, how much will you be asking for?

(3)How will this club percentage be used by BGP?

(4)Where would you see your percentage coming from the amount of revenue  or turnover?

Thanks in advance and good luck with BGP

57 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

And the problem is ?

He’s allowed to make money out of racing, just as Albert Bosma / David Ellis / Brendan McCullum / John Fortuna do.....where’s the problem with investing time and effort to create something, and being rewarded for your endeavors ?

I completely agree Leo, I was just responding to the assertion he was doing it for free. I am all for capitalism and making a quid 

24 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And your issue is??? How in any way does it affect you or anyone else...I would of thought we all should be thanking the guys for showing initiative and getting interest from new people in racing... I think it can only be good..what am I missing here???

see my response to Leo, cheers 

i don't think i'm wrong in saying the "tab" don't offer a rebate on winning fixed odds bets too elite customers..........

the only rebate you get is is over a current period normally a month and if you have lost they give you a bit back..........

obviously a "rebate scheme" is more designed too the tote product just like Hong Kong( no fixed odds)  if the BGP could find value in tote betting(unlikely)  i'm sure clubs and the tab

would more than welcome a rebate too them.......

1 hour ago, shodsie said:

i don't think i'm wrong in saying the "tab" don't offer a rebate on winning fixed odds bets too elite customers..........

the only rebate you get is is over a current period normally a month and if you have lost they give you a bit back..........

obviously a "rebate scheme" is more designed too the tote product just like Hong Kong( no fixed odds)  if the BGP could find value in tote betting(unlikely)  i'm sure clubs and the tab

would more than welcome a rebate too them.......

All these rebates, bonus's,  injections etc must make it extremely hard for an auditor.

Many moons ago I worked for an auditor checking validity of lost ticket or late collect claims.  It was very easy for an employee to put forward bogus claims to a certain level then if a very late real claim came through reimburse from their own pocket. The books would always balance.

Nowadays I wonder what controls exist with all the so called marketing giveaways.

maybe this is why they keep it too account holders only? a bit easy too dot the i's and cross the t's.........

i can seem to remember certain clubs offering rebates on course over the years by keeping your tickets etc i could imagine trying too audit that.......

i wonder how many of the bets were placed and than cancelled would be as clear as the Chinese dictionary..........   

personally i can see no value for the nzrb too offer rebates on fixed odds betting, the margin just isn't there 

when your dealing with 26 or 28% take outs (tote products) there is a lot more of the pie too cut up and at the end of the day 

the industry only has one pie................  

7 hours ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Really??!! Good God. Makes a mockery of "do you know how much work goes on behind the scenes before and after, all for free, and they have started a non profit foundation".

Nice clash of theories.

12 hours ago, Richmond Tiger said:

Hahahahahahahaha ha ha

10 hours ago, mike28 said:

this is a no brainer give them what they want within reason another 10 more groups like this and the racing game is back

Wait till the losses start rolling in , there won't be any of them left. This is gambling we are talking about.

Where is Nerula?

What a great opportunity for the Owners Federation to finally show its teeth. Time for the poor owners to get paid a starters incentive , by the clubs for providing product.

Owners Get Paid!

Owners Get Paid!

Owners Get Paid!

"Go the Poor down trodden Owners" 

Surely we can get a Polo shirt out their and hang a flag up at Ellerslie and get looked after?

On 2/10/2019 at 6:59 PM, nick said:

So much negativity about anything new on these pages these days. Te Akau Steven Marsh Ellerslie and plenty of other clubs and people clearly do not have a problem with BGP.

The only people who seem to have a problem are all you guys who want racing to stay as it was in 1980.  

No they don't they have jumped on the bandwagon with them, but seriously you can't work out why?

43 minutes ago, Huey said:

No they don't they have jumped on the bandwagon with them, but seriously you can't work out why?

I would rather be apart of a bandwagon going full steam ahead than winging negative person like yourself. Like it or not bgp have done more in a few years than you ever have

1 minute ago, nick said:

I would rather be apart of a bandwagon going full steam ahead than winging negative person like yourself. Like it or not bgp have done more in a few years than you ever have

Lets stick to the topic please without going personal...thank you.

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Lets stick to the topic please without going personal...thank you.

Stick to the topic? These plenty of claims flying around about people who run bgp on here without them been pulled up. I got called a tosser the other day or is it just selective people you call out

33 minutes ago, nick said:

Are you reading from a script? Is that all you got?

Something something negative person, something something racing got to change,something something BGP are a movement who add so much to race day by something something racing owes us cause we are young and fresh and new.

9 minutes ago, Huey said:

Are you reading from a script? Is that all you got?

Something something negative person, something something racing got to change,something something BGP are a movement who add so much to race day by something something racing owes us cause we are young and fresh and new.

No i literally come on here and read posts where all you do is whinge about everything. I don’t care what you think of me..

You pleople all complain about every aspect of racing yet when something new comes along you complain about that. 

When have i ever claimed that racing owes BGP anything. Dont ever put words on me that i did not say

I play in a sports team with a dozen guys aged late 20s and early 30s.

Approximately zero of them have any family connection to racing, nor any real knowledge of the industry.

The extent of their racing involvement was easybets at the tavern over a few jugs.

A couple of them got added to Boys Get Paid, had a few wins and are now hooked.

Most of the team is on there and they live for the hot tips and all they talk about is the next Ellerslie race meeting they can attend or the Punters Club they can get in to.

I'm a harness guy and have done absolutely nothing to foster their interest.

But because of BGP, there are now 8-10 guys, all professionals with good income, and plenty of disposable, hooked on to the industry.

This is only a small bunch of guys but I get the feeling it's a microcosm of the BGP movement and it's impact as well as future potential.