RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

The Everest

Just watched a race program called “Inside The Everest”, which interviewed Peter V’Landys, the architect of The Everest. He said that the race was designed for “Under 35yo’s”, so that they had their own race - not their Fathers or Grandies race. Their race. After the success of the first meeting in 2017, the 2018 was even better. Despite piddling with rain an hour before, 40,000 tickets were sold, the biggest crowd at a Sydney race meeting since whenever (all-time I believe) and, wait for it, “80% of ticket sales went to people under 35yo!!.” How good was their marketing success? Unbelievable but true. They’ve added the Kosiusco, the richest race for country gallopers and involved the punters. This is Marketing at its best and every pub in NSW that has TAB is involved. Outstanding vision imho.

Yep. Good leadership and new ideas can do wonders. Also V'Landys has been in the industry for decades so is actually passionate and knowledgeable about the game. The nz strategy seems to be: appoint an outsider, they take years to get up to scratch with the industry, then make some expensive but minor changes that they promise will save the sport, depart shortly after, repeat cycle. 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Just watched a race program called “Inside The Everest”, which interviewed Peter V’Landys, the architect of The Everest. He said that the race was designed for “Under 35yo’s”, so that they had their own race - not their Fathers or Grandies race. Their race. After the success of the first meeting in 2017, the 2018 was even better. Despite piddling with rain an hour before, 40,000 tickets were sold, the biggest crowd at a Sydney race meeting since whenever (all-time I believe) and, wait for it, “80% of ticket sales went to people under 35yo!!.” How good was their marketing success? Unbelievable but true. They’ve added the Kosiusco, the richest race for country gallopers and involved the punters. This is Marketing at its best and every pub in NSW that has TAB is involved. Outstanding vision imho.

Iam well over 35 , thought what's this gimmick at first  but I love it .The lead up  to some degree I enjoy as much if not more than the race itself . Reading about the jostling for places , the horse trading by slot holders and the lead up races . Spring in Aussie is just awesome .

The good thing about it, is it is self funding in terms the prize money ( I think I am right with that) --so it does not take funds away from the base of the industry. There is obviously a promotion cost but that would benefit the industry as a whole to some extent.