RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Everton

Informant

No Informant delivered to either of Wainuiomata outlets. I wish there was a publication that you could rely on to be on time, Best Bets not like it used to be either, and only delivered today, but at least it arrived. But for a consistent publication with full content and information it would require Tab, racing board, and all other factions to work together to ensure the customer is looked after, so that ain't going to happen.

30 minutes ago, uneasy said:

I believe Wednesday being a public holiday altered delivery schedules

Probably right, so what is the point if there is no contingency plan when holidays come around ? It arrived in Wainuiomata 4pm this afternoon, all Thursday and Fridays racing finished. In this day and age it is simply not good enough.

50 minutes ago, Everton said:

Probably right, so what is the point if there is no contingency plan when holidays come around ? It arrived in Wainuiomata 4pm this afternoon, all Thursday and Fridays racing finished. In this day and age it is simply not good enough.

Couriers generally don’t work public holidays so what would your suggestion be to get it there in a more timely manner?

Perhaps the online version may solve the issue for you. 

24 minutes ago, Everton said:

Really ... Are you asking me to find a solution ? .. it is delivered on a Thursday usually not a Wednesday anyway.

The point being it’s probably distributed on a Wednesday and then delivered to the outlets on a Thursday  so if it’s not picked up on a Wednesday it’s going to be pretty hard to deliver it on Thursday.

I actually gave you a solution which would be to subscribe online. 

You stated in this day and age that the delay is “simply not good enough” so perhaps you could enlighten us to your solution to the situation?

13 hours ago, tonkatime said:

The point being it’s probably distributed on a Wednesday and then delivered to the outlets on a Thursday  so if it’s not picked up on a Wednesday it’s going to be pretty hard to deliver it on Thursday.

I actually gave you a solution which would be to subscribe online. 

You stated in this day and age that the delay is “simply not good enough” so perhaps you could enlighten us to your solution to the situation?

It's not my job to find the solution, but would probably find couriers that would still pick up on a Wednesday. Businesses still go on during holidays, planes still fly, taxis, trains and buses still working. So I am sure some Couriers would still be operating.

And what is also hopeless, is the fact it came at 4pm on Friday, on a Thursday it gets there before midday. 

Plus there is never any warning if things aren't going to meet usual deadlines, nobody knows, its pot luck when and if it arrives.

Unfortunately mediocrity is rife in the industry.

Solutions are whats needed.

A solution:

2 stages.

1. print the guts of articles ,adverts etc and send to sellers.

2. Organise sellers so they can print themselves a few pages breaking news stuff e,g tips, trackwork and insert into the publication or have buyers do it themselves.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:02 AM, Everton said:

It's not my job to find the solution, but would probably find couriers that would still pick up on a Wednesday. Businesses still go on during holidays, planes still fly, taxis, trains and buses still working. So I am sure some Couriers would still be operating.

And what is also hopeless, is the fact it came at 4pm on Friday, on a Thursday it gets there before midday. 

Plus there is never any warning if things aren't going to meet usual deadlines, nobody knows, its pot luck when and if it arrives.

Unfortunately mediocrity is rife in the industry.

Hi Everton,

Unfortunately courier post does not operate on Waitangi day, this means regardless if we printed The Informant it would have sat there until Thursday afternoon anyway. Like most racing people our team doesnt take public holidays so we are simply at the mercy of other suppliers.

We communicated the change to all retailers/subscribers and had a large front cover announcement of the delayed delivery last week.

Apologies for the late delivery to the store, on top of later delivery Courier Post also made a major sorting error effecting our product that effected large areas of the north island.

These delays and issues are as frustrating for our team as I'm sure it is for you. We will continue to pass on customer feedback about courier service and push for a better service.

All the best,

Matthew Francis

Publisher