RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

The Informant.

There are some very good people that I know that work with the walls of 106-111 Jackson Street, but they know I am not referring to them when I mention cretins.

Unfortunately the IP that is still retained is probably as frustrated as we are with some of those cretins that remain in positions they shouldn't hold.

AB and two others in the sanctum should now all walk, and hey, the industry will have saved a couple of million as a result.

"With the way the world is going with iphone's, Blackberrys etc this may be the way forward?"

I hope that this time the people investing in time and $$ into the informant are planning the technology so that soon when we subscribe we just download it to our phones - either by way of internet connection or by way of application download. This is the way we need this to go - especially with iPADs and iPhones and other platforms...

I hope someone is watching this...

with all the carry on here the last few moths ALL will support the informant so it does SURVIVE.

Great news,will start wagering(prop)again with my trackwork info.Years ago their was a similar paper out in opposition to Friday Flash,which was available late Thursday afternoons in the main centres.It eventually fell over & this may have been the reason?In a few months once settled down,I wonder with todays technology etc,if The Informant maybe able to look at that possibility.In my case,Thursday night is a nice quite night to spend reading from cover to cover.But again,congratulations to all involved in making this possible,looking foward to it.

There are some very good people that I know that work with the walls of 106-111 Jackson Street, but they know I am not referring to them when I mention cretins.

Unfortunately the IP that is still retained is probably as frustrated as we are with some of those cretins that remain in positions they shouldn't hold.

AB and two others in the sanctum should now all walk, and hey, the industry will have saved a couple of million as a result.

Good reply, John ... and a big thumbs up to the IP (intelligent personel?) to which you refer. It must be heartbreaking to good folk to see what could so easily be a fine organisation run down so carelessly by so many

I heard the news re Informant's return at the Sales.

OVERJOYED.

It's cost me 2 bets on a horse (Ekraar - Honest) I sold to Singapore.

WON twice ($65 and $44).

Could have had my sorely needed new car!

It's been a dulled racing/breeding interest without the I. The Friday liftouts or BB's haven't come close to the needs of the breeder/punter!!

I for one will be thrillled to drive to buy my copy on a Friday.

If it comes to pass it returns, praise be!!!

I heard the news re Informant's return at the Sales.

OVERJOYED.

It's cost me 2 bets on a horse (Ekraar - Honest) I sold to Singapore.

WON twice ($65 and $44).

Could have had my sorely needed new car!

I always smile when I see your name, PP...

There was a Peg's Pride - very good filly/mare racing, oh, 30 years ago?, that was one of those blessed animals who only ever seemed interested in winning if it knew my money was on it, heh heh...

Is your name from her, by any chance?

I always smile when I see your name, PP...

There was a Peg's Pride - very good filly/mare racing, oh, 30 years ago?, that was one of those blessed animals who only ever seemed interested in winning if it knew my money was on it, heh heh...

Is your name from her, by any chance?

Joe Bromby trainer,Garry Edge jockey I think?

Can't remember the details, soz, Myk...

(Sheesh, I have problems remembering info on some of the two-legged fillies I was chasing back then...)

:e:

Jeez,I don't,they could all run faster than me.

Jeez,I don't,they could all run faster than me.

Heh heh, myk...

Surely you jest...

Unless your scrapbook consists of views of fast-departing lasses?

And a suitable annotation or two?

September 13

Annie. Third base. Left to 'do her hair'...

September 20

Georgina. Tagged at Second base. By her dad...

September 24

Paula. Chose to go home with bloody Prop instead...

?

cant wait to get the informant again basically i have given up betting, only bet when the paper shows full breeding etc or horses i know that are racing

as you only bet on horses i know or full breeding also.

My betting would be down 80%

Have just had an email from Gus Wigley,re the Informant's launch date.They are still waiting on 'particulars' to be sorted out...so the first issue back won't be on Friday,as they had hoped..but more than likely the following Friday.

I was at the dairy/magazine (Mo's Magazines & Express Card Shop) in down town Porirua today & started chatting to Mo about the loss of the Informant. He told me he would be lucky to sell 5 Turf Digests and used to sell up to 25 Informants a week - I said there was talk of it (the Informant) coming back and he said he really hopes so. He is about 100 steps from the TAB in Porirua and they used to sell the Informant there also. I used to get mine at either place when I am in Porirua looking after my grandaughters. Mo wanted to know the name of the distributor as he wants to get it back into his shop. Anyone any clues? Have given Mo Racecafe's details so he can follow this thread himself.

i like may will buy but need a proper and reliable distribution network this time.

I cant see why it cannot be sold wherever the BB is sold.

No one wants to drive aroud town looking for a copy.

i like may will buy but need a proper and reliable distribution network this time.

I can't see why it cannot be sold wherever the BB is sold.

No one wants to drive aroud town looking for a copy.

Yes, I agree - used to make me mad if it didn't arrive at the local garage until Sat quite often. They used to hold a copy for me each week. Don't have it posted as travel frequently & like to pick it up wherever I am & know where the outlets were. My grandaughter has ill health so I help out in Poriura frequently & never know when I will be needed.

I guess the other thing that i was wondering is...whether the retail outlets that sold the Informant before it got stopped,have been notified that it will be up and running again soon.As for instance,if it IS next Friday,then i won't be buying a TD on Thursday week..but would hate it if the retailers had no idea that it's back up and running.

I guess the other thing that i was wondering is...whether the retail outlets that sold the Informant before it got stopped,have been notified that it will be up and running again soon.As for instance,if it IS next Friday,then i won't be buying a TD on Thursday week..but would hate it if the retailers had no idea that it's back up and running.

all abit quiet if it is being relaunched in just over a week.

I thik if it's onsale next to the BB/Digest t will be a winner.

If small towns etc only have one outlet and few copies as similar result will occur

Maybe all manned TAB outlets should stock?

Mo stated that he had not heard anything about it at all and this is why he was asking who published or distributed it so he could get it on his shelves. Anyone out there with any info on distributors or publishers??????

When Gus Wigley emailed me back yesterday,he mentioned that he was hoping to do a public announcement this week..so i wonder whether that will stretch too letting the bookshops etc know what's going on.

Have just had a reply from Gus,as like a few others was wondering whether the retailers would know about it's comeback.So in short....all the retailers that previously stocked the Informant will get a letter next week letting them know that it will be coming back...so that's good too know.

for something that supposedly is the great white hope of the industry. I hope it works out well for them but it seems Gus is always going to do something next week.

I wonder if they will still get the free advertising on Trackside .