RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

Team Driving

Newmarket mate, as you may have seen, it (team drivin) is quite oft used in terms when AllStars are racin :rcfe-smile: however, loosely put, it's referred to when there are several runners from same stable in a race, and the 'perception' is one horse is driven to help another one from that stable get to the best/preferred possie to eventually win the race......I can't quote any rulings under HRNZ regulations etc but some other posters maybe able to elucidate you on that one.....

Cheers Iraklis

There was a potential  case of it at the Mot recently where McGrath had 2 in the higher graded race. It may have just been the way the race panned out so thats why i used the word potential. In that race, he took off on My Wee Man with a ways to go and in doing so gave his winning stablemate Gore Bay a perfect drag into the race. I see they are both in same race this Wednesday on the grass at Rangiora. Should be a great watch to see who does what this week. Surely not:rcf-laughing-3:

from a search of JCA site one example

NZ METRO TC - 21 SEPTEMBER 2007 -

Races: 
Rules: 
869.3.f
Background: 

Following the running of Race 3, the ?Pegasus Spur? Standing At Woodlands Stud Handicap Trot, an information was laid by Stipendiary Steward Mrs K. R. Williams against Mr D. G. McCormick alleging a breach of Rule 869(3)(f).

Following the running of Race 3, the ?Pegasus Spur? Standing At Woodlands Stud Handicap Trot, an information was laid by Stipendiary Steward Mrs K. R. Williams against Mr D. G. McCormick alleging a breach of Rule 869(3)(f). The charge reads as follows.

"I the above named informant allege that the above named Defendant committed a breach of Rule 869(3)(f) in that Mr McCormick (Doug) drove improperly when moving out rounding the final bend on JACKPOT GOLD which allowed the other horse he trained in the race SHEZADORABIL a run on his inside."

Rule 869(3)(f) reads as follows.

"No horseman in any race shall drive improperly."

54 minutes ago, enteebee said:

from a search of JCA site one example

NZ METRO TC - 21 SEPTEMBER 2007 -

Races: 
Rules: 
869.3.f
Background: 

Following the running of Race 3, the ?Pegasus Spur? Standing At Woodlands Stud Handicap Trot, an information was laid by Stipendiary Steward Mrs K. R. Williams against Mr D. G. McCormick alleging a breach of Rule 869(3)(f).

Following the running of Race 3, the ?Pegasus Spur? Standing At Woodlands Stud Handicap Trot, an information was laid by Stipendiary Steward Mrs K. R. Williams against Mr D. G. McCormick alleging a breach of Rule 869(3)(f). The charge reads as follows.

"I the above named informant allege that the above named Defendant committed a breach of Rule 869(3)(f) in that Mr McCormick (Doug) drove improperly when moving out rounding the final bend on JACKPOT GOLD which allowed the other horse he trained in the race SHEZADORABIL a run on his inside."

Rule 869(3)(f) reads as follows.

"No horseman in any race shall drive improperly."

Excellent work " enteebee  ". Much appreciated. Do you by chance know the outcome of the inquiry and if so what the penalty was.

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Last time 

bit more recent

NON RACEDAY INQUIRY RIU V S MCNALLY - DECISION DATED 24 JULY 2018 - CHAIR MR RG MCKENZIE

Created on 26 July 2018

BEFORE A JUDICIAL COMMITTEE
HELD AT CHRISTCHURCH

IN THE MATTER of Information No.
A10235

BETWEEN N M YDGREN, Chief Stipendiary Steward for the Racing Integrity Unit

Informant

AND STEPHEN RONALD McNALLY of Motukarara, Licensed Open Horseman
Respondent

Date of Hearing: Friday, 20 July 2018

Venue: Addington Raceway, Christchurch

Judicial Committee: Mr RG McKenzie (Chairman), Mr SC Ching (Member)

Present: Mr NM Ydgren (the Informant), The Respondent, in person

Date of Oral Decision: 20 July 2018

Date of Written Decision: 24 July 2018

DECISION OF JUDICIAL COMMITTEE

THE CHARGE
[1] Information No. A10235 alleged that Mr McNally, as the driver of STAR PRIDE in Race 7, Yaldhurst Hotel Mobile Trot, at the meeting of New Zealand Metropolitan Trotting Club held at Addington Raceway, Christchurch, on 14th June 2018, committed a breach of Rule 869 (3) (f) in that “on the final bend [he] drove improperly by directing [his] horse STAR PRIDE outwards which allowed the following horse HEAVENLY LOVE an unobstructed passage”.

[2] Mr Ydgren produced a letter signed by Mr M R Godber, General Manager of the Racing Integrity Unit, authorising the filing of the information pursuant to Rule 1108 (2).

[3] The information was served on Mr McNally on 15 July 2018. He signed the Statement by the Respondent on the information form indicating that he did not admit the breach.

[4] Mr McNally was present at the hearing of the information. The charge was read to him, together with the relevant Rule, and he confirmed that he denied the charge.

THE RULE
[5] The relevant Rule is as follows:
869 (3) No horseman in any race shall drive:- 
(f) improperly.

53] Mr McNally’s Open Horseman’s licence was suspended from after the close of racing on Friday, 27th July next for a period up to and including Sunday, 12th August 2018. The race meetings intended to be encompassed by the period of suspension are Oamaru HRC on 29th July, NZ Metropolitan TC on 3rd August, Forbury Park TC on 5th August, Gore HRC on 11th August and Rangiora HRC on 12th August 2018. 

10 hours ago, Stables said:

I only raise the subject to counter the repetitive pro Purdon nonsense from Iraklis

Which your quite entitled to do in my book but as the old saying goes " two wrongs don't make a right".

For the record i like Iraklis posts, they are more factual than many of the sites i visit