RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Good Trial Sat

Newmarket and Iraklis. It seems that you believe I have similar views to previous posters on this site. You may be correct, but given your rather over the top defense of Mark Purdon I can understand why they left. It seems that on this site you can only post opinions that are held by the old guard and you cannot express a point of view without personal attack. If that is the case then this will become a very boring place to submit a discussion for every one will be in agreement with each other

Oh what rubbish Stables! your the one lovin the personal attacks and it's funny how you chuck it, but can't take the comeback when it arrives.....'over the top defense of Mark Purdon' give me a break, you haven't once answered what it is you have against the man? when we're clearly referencing AllStars your focus is on MarkP! and we all know there is much more to AllStars than MarkP alone, as Thrillnspills has pointed out.....

Thrills mate, good for you, oh Nat is great in her own right no disputin that here :rcfe-happy-2: and as a team her and Mark are simply the best, however, why that is a constant source of moans and groans by some in here I'll never know, they (Mark & Nat) have got where they are through hard work and great foresight, good for them both I say, may they live long and prosper.....

Cheers Iraklis

I  think this is a perfect example of what I would call an over the top posting by you Iraklis. I have nothing personal against Mark Purdon, I know him and I am on speaking terms with him. My concern is that he and his All Stars team are fucking Harness Racing

21 minutes ago, Stables said:

I  think this is a perfect example of what I would call an over the top posting by you Iraklis. I have nothing personal against Mark Purdon, I know him and I am on speaking terms with him. My concern is that he and his All Stars team are fucking Harness Racing

Is that his fault???Or the industries fault for letting it happen...how is it is fault if he is better than the rest???

It is his fault because he has got himself in to a position where he now has a monoply on all group racing in New Zealand. Monopolies are not good for any industry and his success compounds into further success as more and more owners are attracted to the gravy train. It is just as well that he restricts his numbers to a fixed level or he would be training almost every horse in the country. You are right in that the industry should be doing something about it, but what can they do? The stipendiary stewards should be looking more closely at the driving by members of his team. I have observed many races where a horse trained by him goes to the front and is attacked by another horse trained by another trainer and Purdons horse will not hand up . Then another of Purdons horses comes round to sit parked and then another Purdon horse comes around to vie for the lead and is given it without a fight. Then All Stars horses are in front, in the trail and parked out. From that point on the race is over as Purdons horses control the race. No other horse can go forward as it will be parked 3 wide. If thats not team driving then I don't know what is. Purdon got initial success because he teamed up with a very wealthy owner, thereby giving him the ability to purchase any horse he liked at the sales, and also horses that were showing ability at the trials or races. He was also set up in a top of the art training facility. These factors together with his ability as a trainer began the juggernaught that led to total domination. I don't know what the solution is but I do know that if it continues then Purdon will be the last man standing and he will need to turn the lights out as he leaves the building

8 hours ago, Stables said:

It is his fault because he has got himself in to a position where he now has a monoply on all group racing in New Zealand. Monopolies are not good for any industry and his success compounds into further success as more and more owners are attracted to the gravy train. It is just as well that he restricts his numbers to a fixed level or he would be training almost every horse in the country. You are right in that the industry should be doing something about it, but what can they do? The stipendiary stewards should be looking more closely at the driving by members of his team. I have observed many races where a horse trained by him goes to the front and is attacked by another horse trained by another trainer and Purdons horse will not hand up . Then another of Purdons horses comes round to sit parked and then another Purdon horse comes around to vie for the lead and is given it without a fight. Then All Stars horses are in front, in the trail and parked out. From that point on the race is over as Purdons horses control the race. No other horse can go forward as it will be parked 3 wide. If thats not team driving then I don't know what is. Purdon got initial success because he teamed up with a very wealthy owner, thereby giving him the ability to purchase any horse he liked at the sales, and also horses that were showing ability at the trials or races. He was also set up in a top of the art training facility. These factors together with his ability as a trainer began the juggernaught that led to total domination. I don't know what the solution is but I do know that if it continues then Purdon will be the last man standing and he will need to turn the lights out as he leaves the building

I saw elsewhere on another site that the solution is to ban AS team to Ozzie permanently, would you be in favour of that.

I hate to introduce facts but who ran 1/2 in last years Derby, add up how much more  R Dunn spent at last years yearling sales compared to Purdon owners signings. You might be surprised.

A quick perusal of the large fields for Amberley today and Sundays meeting at Mount Harding suggest racing is not as bad as you make out stables,

Look at the stakes. How can racingbe sustainable with stakes at thoses levels. A win only covers a couple of months training costs and no I don't see the solution is to ban All Stars to Australia, theres plenty ofd room for him in NZ if he scales down and spreads his net over a smaller area. I think he would find it to be as profitable as his current level of racing without the stress and complications. It's all ego, the more you dominate the more you want to dominate more

Now! you are havin a laugh! more complete and utter rubbish from you Stables! have a good look at your last frickn postings for cryin out loud! talk about over the top! EGO and HYPOCRISY geezuz it's all there!!! LOL you even have the audacity to state Mr Purdon can fit here in NZ, well oh gee at your say so! but he should scale back his operation stick to a smaller area, again at your say so! (domination and ego right there to me) and in the process blame him for bein such a great trainer, then on the next hand say 'I know him and I am on speaking terms with him. My concern is that he and his All Stars team are fucking Harness Racing' ego and hypocrisy all in one sentence! give me a frickn break, ahh, what exactly are you on again? LOL.....jealousitis yeh in all it's egotistical, hypocritical bloody glory, what a joke!

Cheers Iraklis

A quick perusal of the large fields for Amberley today and Sundays meeting at Mount Harding suggest racing is not as bad as you make out stables, 

Surely the 396 licenced trainers are not all illiterate they must read Harness racing is finished, all over.

I remember most punters in the 60s 70s 80s 90s said when they lost that's it its all over. 

They said the same about Smith and Cummings and Hayes has anyone noticed the decline in Aussie racing? 

Would anyone like wager the NZ Trotting Cup won't be run in November in five years time?

Race 10 [10:10pm] BRECKON FARMS YOUNG GUNS SERIES (HEAT 4) C&G 2YO MOBILE PACE  $25,000, 2YO COLTS & GELDINGS, 1700m    Racebook    TabForm    Gear    Front Line Limit   Bet now

For 2-year-old pacing colts & geldings. Refer series conditions with this programme.
Book Form Age Sex     Name   Rating Draw Hdcp Driver Trainer  
1 223 2 g     Double Or Nothing   MR50 1 Front David Butcher R W Green  
2 742 2 c     Sir Tiger   MR49 2 Front Andre Poutama R W Green  
3 31 2 c     Perfect Stride   R55 3 Front SCR   SCR  
4 854 2 c     Eagle Watch   MR49 4 Front Todd Mitchell M G Berger  
5   2 c     Line Up   MR50 5 Front Zachary Butcher R W Green  
6 5 2 c     Copy That   MR50 6 Front Tony Herlihy R W Green  

I guess we should ban Ray Green too for such domination. No doubt there will be team driving too lol

Mr AllStars  good or bad for our game !! I look at it like this... they are no different than a Electrician , Builder, Plumber , Engineer we all target certain jobs that pay better for time spent and leave the crap alone. .Allstars is no different they target certain races because there way of thinking is this is the Time and Money  spent you need to go this fast if you cant then send it to someone else and they have the owners with the money to do it is it there fault NO is it the Industries fault NO it is how it is I feel its a bit like not  so long ago people where saying to many CHRISTIAN CULLEN horses are been bred and its stuffing the sport and we should limit mares served.  what some owners need to do if they are after those races is pool your money together buy 2 or three well breed ones instead of 1/2 a dozen average types but they don't call this The Sport Of Kings for Nothing, But you also so need a very good eye to buy them not all of us can. Take WINX she only went for $230 K that was the owners last and final offer as they didn't want to spend 1 dollar more  imagine if you  had 231 K look at what you could have owned, bloody helps though that you come from the inghams family ha ha