RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Good Trial Sat

Enhance Your Calm, whoar he's big boy now awesome lookin Trotter, can't wait to see him up here again, and great 'trial' that race in it for the 'workout', ah did he break a sweat? :rcfe-happy-3: probably not......annnnddddd I see Adore Me's little girl Sweet On Me is workin up a storm, she's had good couple of trials by all accounts, can't wait to see her under real race conditions.....

Cheers Iraklis

58 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Enhance Your Calm, whoar he's big boy now awesome lookin Trotter, can't wait to see him up here again, and great 'trial' that race in it for the 'workout', ah did he break a sweat? :rcfe-happy-3: probably not......annnnddddd I see Adore Me's little girl Sweet On Me is workin up a storm, she's had good couple of trials by all accounts, can't wait to see her under real race conditions.....

Cheers Iraklis

Nice horse in the right hands.

Speaking of which a certain Oamaru stable has a very talented 2 yr trotter in its care. Has not left the property as yet but again its in very good hands

It speaks for itself really. Iraklis makes no mention of the abject failure his God Purdon's dismal performanes in Australia and at Addington over the weekend but raves on about a trotter at a grass track in the middle of the South Island which happened to be trained by Purdon. His hypocricy and his posts are a big yawn

49 minutes ago, Stables said:

It speaks for itself really. Iraklis makes no mention of the abject failure his God Purdon's dismal performanes in Australia and at Addington over the weekend but raves on about a trotter at a grass track in the middle of the South Island which happened to be trained by Purdon. His hypocricy and his posts are a big yawn

I think your posts on this thread confirm what many of us thought on your opinion of AS, i might add your perfectly entitled to them as well. Given your last sentence above, are you a hypocrite if and when they win races by not mentioning it when you post

Personally , i have no strong view on whether they are good,bad or neutral for the game as i see many other reasons for the ongoing demise of Harness in NZ. Im hearing the numbers for both Harness and the Dogs are not at all flash at the moment.

Agreed, there are many reasons for the gradual decline of harness racing in NZ. One of the greatest problems however is the total domination of all age group racing by the All Stars team. The large numbers of horses they have in each group race added to their team driving and the lack of aggressive tactics by all other drivers in the race have resulted in a boring product. This discourages people supporting other stables from buying quality yearlings to race as there seems to be little point and thereby depresses the yearling sales resulting in less and less horses being bred. There are very few breeders left in NZ and most horses are now bred at the big stud farms. Consequently the only people making money out of breeding are the owners of quality stallions.

The only way to rectify the current situation is to pour money into races other than group races which would result in at least some other stables and owners to get a good return when they have a good horse.

If the Messara report is introduced in its original form there may be a chance that this could happen.

Mark Purdon is without doubt one of the greatest trainers ever to put on a bridle in NZ but no stable has ever dominated to the extent of All Stars and this is now strangling the game.

Stables, pull yuh head outta yuh ass! if you wanna have a hate session on the mighty ALLSTARS! go start your own hate thread! you'll be happier there, this was a thread started on a positive note, and this is the best you could bring to it?......for your info, I have always liked the look of Enhance Your Calm from the first time I saw him in the flesh, he was quite gangly lookin then, and now has filled out and grown into his frame is lookin like a mighty nice racer, oh yeh! if anyone can help him on his way to greatness AllStars will!

Now to the rest of your bullshit, I don't consider AllStars results over weekend an abject failure (its clear you do) far from it, 3 races entered for a win and a 2nd placing, didn't really expect much when draws came out for the Hunter Cup, don't think anyone did.....however if my posts are indeed a big yawn WHY THE HELL ARE YOU READIN EM? and given this little sample 'Mark Purdon is without doubt one of the greatest trainers ever to put on a bridle in NZ but no stable has ever dominated to the extent of All Stars and this is now strangling the game' you'd have to be the biggest hypocrite of the lot! and your jealousies are well noted, gawd MarkP would be laughin readin he is responsible for so much, 'total domination' (given you've already posted AllStars abject failure over weekend in oz, doesn't sound like total domination to me) right down to 'other drivers lack of aggression in races' oh come on for chrissakes listen to yourself.....

If I had posted WOOHOO!!! The Mighty Chase Auks smashed em with ease yusssss!!!!! GO THE MIGHTY ALLSTARS!!! you'd have found summit to still piss n moan about.....

Cheers Iraklis

PS. corr Chase Auckland looked alittle Christian Cullen-esque in his warm-up......

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Agreed, there are many reasons for the gradual decline of harness racing in NZ. One of the greatest problems however is the total domination of all age group racing by the All Stars team. The large numbers of horses they have in each group race added to their team driving and the lack of aggressive tactics by all other drivers in the race have resulted in a boring product. This discourages people supporting other stables from buying quality yearlings to race as there seems to be little point and thereby depresses the yearling sales resulting in less and less horses being bred. There are very few breeders left in NZ and most horses are now bred at the big stud farms. Consequently the only people making money out of breeding are the owners of quality stallions.

The only way to rectify the current situation is to pour money into races other than group races which would result in at least some other stables and owners to get a good return when they have a good horse.

If the Messara report is introduced in its original form there may be a chance that this could happen.

Mark Purdon is without doubt one of the greatest trainers ever to put on a bridle in NZ but no stable has ever dominated to the extent of All Stars and this is now strangling the game.

If i may im going to challenge you on a few of your points which i have underlined above.

They do have large numbers of successful young horses most of which are selected by MP at yearling sales. I have been lucky enough to see his selections at the pre sale process which also have what considers to be the price to go to. It most cases its south of 80K. You rarely see him or his  clients paying top dollar at sales. I.m excluding Feiss family who select their own stock and bid accordingly

Team driving is something of a grey area, see another thread i started on this, and im not sure AS are any different to to other stables who have multiple runners. If i found out my driver was defeated before he jumped in the bike then he would be gone immediately. J Dunn and a few others often make group racing exciting with their front running tactics. And to continue with Dunns, they have been massive buyers of young stock in recent years and often paying decent money so its obviously not discouraging their clients

The decline in the breeding side of things has many causes. A lot of farmers used to breed horses as they had the land and feed to do it in a cost effective way. As the game has moved on for the good IMHO , profressional studs will always produce a quality product for buyers to purchase, its all down to having a better balance sheet and economies of scale. In short amateur breeding days whilst still there are slowly diminishing.

I would not be relying on Messara report too much and if your point about more money for lowers graded races is at the expense of Group races that is a sure fire " Race to the bottom" IMHO

Oh an Stables, it should be 'Mark Purdon is without doubt one of the greatest trainers ever to put a bridle on a horse in NZ' don't think Mark actually wears one, just sayin..... :rolleyes:

Newmarket, as a big fan of AllStars I love it when they are taken on in races, that's the excitement for me, hey mostly it doesn't matter as their horses are generally ready to rock, but when it doesn't come off hey it's the thrill of the competition, the acceleration, the drive to the wire, horse an driver fightin for the win, driver skill, trainer skill, horse talent, ahhhh, battle at its finest.....

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, Stables said:

If what you write is valid how come quite a few of AS owners have their horses with other trainers as well. It sort of defeats you and a few others argument. I'm talking  Casey, Butterworths,Gillans to name just a few.

3 hours ago, Big ears said:

So those owners have their top quality horses with other trainers? Maybe you can name the horses and the other trainers?

Trevor Casey had Stent with C. de Filippi, he has Missandei with Regan Todd, in Australia he has horses with B. Lilley and other trainers. He also has horses trained by B. Purdon and Tony Herlihy. The likes of Casey and the Whitelocks also breed their own horses, some go to the sales, others to Purdon and some to other trainers. 

The two owners I have just mentioned, especially Casey, must spend tens of thousands annually on harness racing. How much do you spend?

52 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Arden Rooney an obvious one- Manning

Gillians,Creightons have horses with Mark Jones and Nigel M.

Casey also has multiple trainers including CJ D

Regan Todd has trained a few including that trotting mare that mark drove in Ozzie

Tony Stratford trains a few for Butterworths

Im sure Big Ears can think of a few more given how often he follows us all on RC

I don't see the relevance of this. Purdon has a limit on the numbers of horses he will train. If he exeeds that number then obviously you will have to find another trainer. The horses trained by Regan Todd for the people you mention are given to him to train on the beach because they have soreness problems and have been sacked by Purdon. Arden Rooney was sacked by Purdon and sent to Australia to race by the owners. It came back and raced very well here. The ones Stratford trains are on the waiting list for Purdons stable

26 minutes ago, Stables said:

I don't see the relevance of this. Purdon has a limit on the numbers of horses he will train. If he exeeds that number then obviously you will have to find another trainer. 

Isn't this good business? Granted others do not have this luxury, but in fairness that has been achieved through his obvious talent. Why his talent is decried by people is beyond me. Some decry that his domination is killing the game, others accuse him of using substances, and others just are jealous and small minded - they hate people who are successful.

Yes I am an Allstars fan, just as I admire Chris Waller, Joao Moreira, Tim Tetrick etc. Why anyone hates them is beyond my imagination.

Yeh ay Spike, whats with that, the man (MarkP) and Nat, for that matter have all the talent between them in the world, cheez!....Mark's breedin is impeccable look who his sire was, right! and his gransire, where he grew up and what he was around comin through the ranks, just sayn buuuuutttt, yuh reckon he knows a thing or two? yeh I think! and, neither him or Nat are afraid of good ol hard work (just take a look at their past 3 weeks, whew I'm buggard just talkin about it), now AllStars are reapin the rewards and are the top Stables in Southern Hemi, and what do they get? beggars bloody belief.....the Stars of our sport should be heralded and not only the bloodstock but our Trainers, Drivers all of em, thats where our youngsters are goin to look, 'I wanna be like Tony Herlihy, Dexter D, MarkP, Nat Rasmussen, and have/train a horse like Lazarus, Christian Cullen etc etc just like rugby, I wanna be like Lomu.....I am an AllStars fan, I admire DexterD, TonyH, the great PTWolfenden, Johnny (GOD) Campbell.....

Stables, your mask is startin to slip with that latest quip 'I suppose you admired Lance Armstrong too' gee could that be a very, very, very, thinly disguised ref to Mr Purdon's past issue's? knock it off! it's been dealt with and long gone......

Cheers Iraklis

Mark is a very good trainer take nothing away but Natalie has helped him improve look at how many of his horses don't have over checkers and they have developed greatly in the rear end as you cant  development a horses arse with your head pointing to the sky any Equestrian trainer will tell you this that's because Natalie has a very good understanding of horse conditioning why do you think WINX goose to a Ex equestrian/eventer trainer ect for pre conditioning.  Good on them for there results mind you they do go through a lot that end up exit stage left that no one hears about but the game is about winning not coming second. Just my view blast away at me if you please and yes i do sit behind and train them I'm just down on horse power but i have alot of fun and no pressure :rcfe-money:    

22 minutes ago, thrillsnspills said:

Mark is a very good trainer take nothing away but Natalie has helped him improve look at how many of his horses don't have over checkers and they have developed greatly in the rear end as you cant  development a horses arse with your head pointing to the sky any Equestrian trainer will tell you this that's because Natalie has a very good understanding of horse conditioning why do you think WINX goose to a Ex equestrian/eventer trainer ect for pre conditioning.  Good on them for there results mind you they do go through a lot that end up exit stage left that no one hears about but the game is about winning not coming second. Just my view blast away at me if you please and yes i do sit behind and train them I'm just down on horse power but i have alot of fun and no pressure :rcfe-money:    

Totally agree with you and Nats does deserve equal kudos. Yes the attrition rate must be high too and they are fortunate to have other waiting at the gate to get into the barn. What ever happened to the smart trotter that Steelballs had with them. I know it broke down and I presume never came back. 

49 minutes ago, thrillsnspills said:

Very logical post and concur about the removal of over checks in terms of conditioning horses