RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Sales Washup

How do other Cafers view the Book One and Book Two results? Without wanting to disparage any horse or Stud there were 2 standout features for me.

1. The winner--undoubtedly Per Incanto. Seems they just had to have 4 legs to be in demand.

2.The loser--unfortunately Reliable Man. Average/Median for Book One only 50K, mostly unwanted Book 2, and this is from substantial foal crops, initially with 25K service fee. Very disappointing as I personally liked his credentials but he has not performed despite the auctioneer hype.

JMO but I thought the Ocean Parks and Tavistocks ( Busuttin and Mick Price still wanted them) were also cooler and M. Khans on the up (just wonder how much is the horse and how much the Chinese?).

Anyway, that's my take as an owner and breeder. Other opinions?

23 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

How do other Cafers view the Book One and Book Two results? Without wanting to disparage any horse or Stud there were 2 standout features for me.

1. The winner--undoubtedly Per Incanto. Seems they just had to have 4 legs to be in demand.

2.The loser--unfortunately Reliable Man. Average/Median for Book One only 50K, mostly unwanted Book 2, and this is from substantial foal crops, initially with 25K service fee. Very disappointing as I personally liked his credentials but he has not performed despite the auctioneer hype.

JMO but I thought the Ocean Parks and Tavistocks ( Busuttin and Mick Price still wanted them) were also cooler and M. Khans on the up (just wonder how much is the horse and how much the Chinese?).

Anyway, that's my take as an owner and breeder. Other opinions?

Not expert on breeding but that Reliable Man produced probably his steller performance at 5 when breaking down and still beating Dundeal in QE2 . His half brother French Opera was still jumping round Fontwell at 13 and that's tough yaka  and another  I'm Imposing was still ripping round Sydney on a Saturday at 9.Might prove his worth as his horses get older ? 

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I am pissed I missed a steal of a Per Incanto today...3K will be going out to the sale Sunday..hope to get a couple.

You can probably get about 5 for that outlay without dummy bidding! Sounds like there will be a few Cafe optimists/dreamers/losers there on Sunday so should arrange a corroboree?

10 hours ago, chevy86 said:

You can probably get about 5 for that outlay without dummy bidding! Sounds like there will be a few Cafe optimists/dreamers/losers there on Sunday so should arrange a corroboree?

Not everyone is as negative as you are...cheers....Not sure there are too many losers here ...expect maybe yourself.:rcfe-happy-3:

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Not everyone is as negative as you are...cheers....Not sure there are too many losers here ...expect maybe yourself.:rcfe-happy-3:

don't think he (chevy) understands that the sale isn't unreserved and those "dummy" bids are a lot of time what gets the price up to the reserve and creates a sale

The stallion performance at the sales, I do not understand is Charm Spirit. Three sold well at MM ($280K, $250K and $150K) but here he really struggled and many were withdrawn. Maybe they are taking longer to mature (which is not surprising given Montjeu is the damsire).  Sir Peter Vela had one at the trials just before the sales that bolted in by 5 lengths. Will just have to wait and see on him as a sire.

Breeder, I researched Charm Spirit.  He has had about 20 winners in the northern hemisphere where his oldest stock are now three year olds.  But further research revealed that there was only one stakes winner and one other stakes placed.  This suggests that they are ok on all weather tracks like Wolverhampton, or outside of Madrid, Spain, but where the real horses are the Charm Spirit offspring aren't.  I saw this several years ago when Bertolini had a huge number of northern hemisphere winners but hardly any listed race winners and I splurged tens of thousands of dollars on his stock.  Damnation.

I am in a quandary;  I have been offered a share in a well priced, well conformed Charm Spirit filly and, despite what I have written above, I am inclined to go for the big punt.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Personal attack Scooby?--obviously you are not living by your own creed on how people should behave towards others on YOUR site. Pretty hypocritical . Maybe you could give some examples of my negativity. I prefer to live in a world of honest opinion, devoid of sycophancy and insincerity.

18 hours ago, chevy86 said:

And my tongue-in-cheek posting obviously by-passed the cranium of a few as I was suggesting a meeting as I will be scouting for a horse myself!

4 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Personal attack Scooby?--obviously you are not living by your own creed on how people should behave towards others on YOUR site. Pretty hypocritical . Maybe you could give some examples of my negativity. I prefer to live in a world of honest opinion, devoid of sycophancy and insincerity.

You said we were losers for going to the sale and that the sale would be shit..my creed is why call me a loser ..have I ever said anything previously bad about you to call me a loser???? I try to be very fair in here to everyone.

18 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You said we were losers for going to the sale and that the sale would be shit..my creed is why call me a loser ..have I ever said anything previously bad about you to call me a loser???? I try to be very fair in here to everyone.

Don't come the delicate snowflake shit.Why not chose the optimist tag? Truth be known we are ALL losers for being ensnared by an activity where your funds ultimately only head one way so lighten up.

6 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Breeder, I researched Charm Spirit.  He has had about 20 winners in the northern hemisphere where his oldest stock are now three year olds.  But further research revealed that there was only one stakes winner and one other stakes placed.  This suggests that they are ok on all weather tracks like Wolverhampton, or outside of Madrid, Spain, but where the real horses are the Charm Spirit offspring aren't.  I saw this several years ago when Bertolini had a huge number of northern hemisphere winners but hardly any listed race winners and I splurged tens of thousands of dollars on his stock.  Damnation.

I am in a quandary;  I have been offered a share in a well priced, well conformed Charm Spirit filly and, despite what I have written above, I am inclined to go for the big punt.

Looks ok on paper TN....rated 127....that Invincible Spirit line has done very well in Australia. 

There is some good staying blood on both sides apart from Montjeu, with Encosta de Lago, Flying Spur and Holy Roman Emperor, so having a French, NZ and Australian Derby winner in your CV can't be all bad.....might take a bit of time but worth a punt.

3 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Don't come the delicate snowflake shit.Why not chose the optimist tag? Truth be known we are ALL losers for being ensnared by an activity where your funds ultimately only head one way so lighten up.

Why be so angry... chill its a happy saturday night :rcfe-happy-3::rcfe-like:

5 hours ago, chevy86 said:

I believe PoundForPound would call us Nillers! :rcf-laughing-2:  Which has to be better than losers?

Leo bit churlish of you to call a niller. I find her posts on Race Cafe excellent reading. She is always on the button. I am proud to be a niller! We can’t all be over achievers like yourself. Can’t understand why you get your kicks from denigrating other people!