RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Newmarket RC

D Weir Stables Raided

9 minutes ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

Show Cause Hearing currently going on, so depending on the outcome, there is a chance the Weir runners will be scratched before the first race at Mooney Valley

Dabernig was quite firm in his opinion on it all  as quoted on racing com . He surely cannot have runners tonight . Guilty or innocent it's way too much of a dark cloud over him at moment.That's a lot of horses to sort out and I doubt he won't be stood down soon.

Strange thing is he has decent re homing/ re training  person on staff and puts a bit into it I've read and also seen on racing com. It's a puzzling one more puzzling by day. 

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Strange thing is he has decent re homing/ re training  person on staff and puts a bit into it I've read and also seen on racing com.

Is that anything like Catholics showing up at confession one week, clearing the ledger, and then sinning the next?

2 minutes ago, interested party said:

Stewards have been told to scratch all D Weir's and J McLean's horses from Moonee Valley tonight and Caulfield tomorrow

13 minutes ago, Virtual.Stipe said:

All Weir runners scratched from Mooney Valley tonight and Caulfield tomorrow

27 horses pulled from MV and Caulfield......ouch.....

8 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Is that anything like Catholics showing up at confession one week, clearing the ledger, and then sinning the next?

Got to wonder Chevy , Nature Strip should do a tell all exposee to Womens Day . He could tell a story if he could talk .titled " my life with Rob and Dazza and how I still wanna conquer climb to top of the Everest "  Not really going to enjoy the racing tomorrow , takes shine off it for while for me . 

7 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Surely he's toast--fleeing owners will number more than a central American "caravan".

And the other Vic trainers won't be building a wall to stop them. 500 horses need new trainer by sounds of how it's panning out and big money races coming up owners need move quick  .500 x 4k plus a month over there . That's serious money. 

2 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

And the other Vic trainers won't be building a wall to stop them. 500 horses need new trainer by sounds of how it's panning out and big money races coming up owners need move quick  .500 x 4k plus a month over there . That's serious money. 

They will just be hoping their horses still perform at "sea level".

3 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Surely he's toast--fleeing owners will number more than a central American "caravan".

Nature Strip is headlining the exodus of leading horses from both the Darren Weir and Jarrod McLean yards. Chris Waller is set to be the new trainer of the boom sprinter who was set to resume in Saturday's W.J.Adams Stakes at Caulfield. 

Nature Strip's managing owner Rod Lyons said he was extremely disappointed surrounding the circumstances that have led to his star sprinter's scratching from the W.J. Adams Stakes on Saturday, given the impact it could have on his autumn campaign targeted toward the Group 1 Lightning Stakes.

Lyons questioned why Racing Victoria elected to scratch all of Weir's runners, suggesting the decision is harmful to innocent owners.

McLean has lost his only group 1 winner Trap For Fools. Caulfield trainer Robert Hickmott confirmed the placement of the Mackinnon Stakes winner Trap For Fools on Friday evening.

Weir has also lost Victoria Derby winner Extra Brut as well as the Futurity Stakes and Manikato Stakes winner Brave Smash.

The very promising Extra Brut and Night's Watch will remain stablemates with both heading to Ciaron Maher at Caulfield.

Brave Smash is off to Kris Lees at Newcastle, the two-year-old Golden Slipper-bound colt Yes Yes Yes has already been transferred to the Rosehill stables of Chris Waller.

Lindsay Park will be the new trainer for the Thousand Guineas-winner, Amphitrite, who is currently in the top ten in voting for March's All-Star Mile. 

Prime Thoroughbreds have confirmed to owners that Banachek, Invincible Amici and Nussink

Summary of movements:

Chris Waller: Nature Strip, Yes Yes Yes 

Robert HIckmott: Trap For Fools

Kris Lees: Brave Smash 

Ciaron Maher: Extra Brut, Night's Watch

Lindsay Park: Amphitrite, Hawkshot, Chauffeur 

Patrick Payne: Banachek, Invincible Amici, Nussink

Archie Alexander: Gallic Chieftain

18 minutes ago, Pegasus 9 said:

Nature Strip is headlining the exodus of leading horses from both the Darren Weir and Jarrod McLean yards. Chris Waller is set to be the new trainer of the boom sprinter who was set to resume in Saturday's W.J.Adams Stakes at Caulfield. 

Nature Strip's managing owner Rod Lyons said he was extremely disappointed surrounding the circumstances that have led to his star sprinter's scratching from the W.J. Adams Stakes on Saturday, given the impact it could have on his autumn campaign targeted toward the Group 1 Lightning Stakes.

Lyons questioned why Racing Victoria elected to scratch all of Weir's runners, suggesting the decision is harmful to innocent owners.

McLean has lost his only group 1 winner Trap For Fools. Caulfield trainer Robert Hickmott confirmed the placement of the Mackinnon Stakes winner Trap For Fools on Friday evening.

Weir has also lost Victoria Derby winner Extra Brut as well as the Futurity Stakes and Manikato Stakes winner Brave Smash.

The very promising Extra Brut and Night's Watch will remain stablemates with both heading to Ciaron Maher at Caulfield.

Brave Smash is off to Kris Lees at Newcastle, the two-year-old Golden Slipper-bound colt Yes Yes Yes has already been transferred to the Rosehill stables of Chris Waller.

Lindsay Park will be the new trainer for the Thousand Guineas-winner, Amphitrite, who is currently in the top ten in voting for March's All-Star Mile. 

Prime Thoroughbreds have confirmed to owners that Banachek, Invincible Amici and Nussink

Summary of movements:

Chris Waller: Nature Strip, Yes Yes Yes 

Robert HIckmott: Trap For Fools

Kris Lees: Brave Smash 

Ciaron Maher: Extra Brut, Night's Watch

Lindsay Park: Amphitrite, Hawkshot, Chauffeur 

Patrick Payne: Banachek, Invincible Amici, Nussink

Archie Alexander: Gallic Chieftain

Verry Ellegant - ??

Why are owners being penalized. ?

Yet no mention of jockeys or track riders. Surely if a jigger is used then its used by a trackrider  or jockey,

Scratching or banning the horses before proper investigation or judicial process is against all principles of justice.

I hope the owners get together and sue the hell out of the rogue authorities.

15 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Why are owners being penalized. ?

Yet no mention of jockeys or track riders. Surely if a jigger is used then its used by a trackrider  or jockey,

Scratching or banning the horses before proper investigation or judicial process is against all principles of justice.

I hope the owners get together and sue the hell out of the rogue authorities.

Rogue authorities , what getting in and making the tough decisions not hiding behind its too difficult I just want easy life on the donut. I for one salute the fact they taken on  the big issues and not cowering  behind a desk.I understand owners being upset and have every sympathy for them but I'd be going at Weir for compo if he's found guilty . Horses wil be moved by midweek and free to run .I cannot see how those guys can be running horses on licenced Racing Vic premises after those charges. Life's not fair at times and they may be found not guilty but it's big for racing , come Spring do you want to fight past demos to get to gates of MV , Caulfield or Flem , because that could well happen.

A city contact in Melbourne tells me that the cops have 7 months of hidden filming from his stables and have had an undercover cop working in one of his stables for the same period. Won’t say more about the alleged issues as per the sites rules I can’t proof them.