RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
fermoy

Karaka on TV?

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Not wrong there RR. Will be interesting to see what the costs are around that expensive Savabeel colt...

Hes part of a 3 colt syndicate obviously with a view to classics and stallion value but they cant all win the major 2 & 3 year old races. Or can they?

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Hes part of a 3 colt syndicate obviously with a view to classics and stallion value but they cant all win the major 2 & 3 year old races. Or can they?

Savabeel colt winning group 1 of worth in Aust might be a golden ticket, only one son at stud so far I believe and he weren't a champ, but prepared to be corrected on that one.That's the true champion sires test as it passes down the line like Northern Dancer  onto Sadlers Wells onto Galileo onto Frankel  , champions upon champions as it goes on through time.

58 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’ve had a go ( because I’m not a soft cock )

I bought four beautiful colts, one of whom will be a G1 horse going on my historical record, two more will be black type stakes winning horses, and the fourth one I’ll sell at the RTR.

They were cheap out there today IMO, and with the industry shakeup that’s coming it’s time to get involved

Man up and buy a horse I say, or go play with the nillers over at the oxidation pond. 

I'm gradually yielding Leo, but do you take a punt on book 2 or book 3. Just been looking through them and I see some handy horses there with seemingly ordinary performance pedigrees but for being with a better trainer - no offence meant to trainers but I believe some are more knowledgable, observant and dedicated than others. Despite being 70 and gradually succumbing to gravity I still don't react well to being called a soft clock.

7 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Not wrong there RR. Will be interesting to see what the costs are around that expensive Savabeel colt...

Do you reckon if you front with 140k plus the extras and ticket clip price you have to pay for the rug , some syndicates charge for the rug , if branded with their logo you have the rare privilege of paying to advertise their product . Genius business people to be fair .

45 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Do you reckon if you front with 140k plus the extras and ticket clip price you have to pay for the rug , some syndicates charge for the rug , if branded with their logo you have the rare privilege of paying to advertise their product . Genius business people to be fair .

Not sure what $140k will get you. Syndicate for 3 colts est $2.2  mil I hear. On that basis 10% = $220k. You pays your money and takes your choice.

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not sure what $140k will get you. Syndicate for 3 colts est $2.2  mil I hear. On that basis 10% = $220k. You pays your money and takes your choice.

Thinking 1.4 mill price 10 per cent but if it's job lot . Spreads risk I suppose at some extra cost. But your right anyone who pays the money and takes the  risk and gets a return they deserve it .

Sangsters biography is a good read, they all knew in early years a good proportion of those big buys early on in US were going to be duds , he reckoned on one or two a year and he's rolling , rest is history now with Coolmore .Even Vincent O'Brien brought slow horses.

Karaka on Tv.  Huge congratulations to the director of the broadcasts.  He would have had a bank of Tv's in front of him and had to pick which camera to use.  That choice was attended to brilliantly.  The camera operators were their usual good selves, but to pick which camera is exceedingly difficult.  Also, they were able to locate the bidder who in many cases uses a bid indicator that only serious bid spotters can identify.  That was very skilful editing.  As I watched it I wondered if this is the only part of the New Zealand Racing Board that knows what it is doing.