RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
fermoy

Karaka on TV?

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Of course they are...KFE wouldn't be there otherwise. There are other sponsors involved as well though.

Thank God for mute button. She does my head in with her endless waffle.

Sale looks a battle for mine. For a so called premiere sale there are far too many horses selling under 70K and that's not taking in  the pass  rate 

57 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Is KFE even on , are you sure you aren't bagging Caroline Searcy ?

57 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Is KFE even on , are you sure you aren't bagging Caroline Searcy ?

Both are.....

56 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Guys at least the sales are covered live... cant we just be happy with that instead of knocking everything all the time...its bloody good to see the sales live without being there...JMO...cheers.

Well Scooby it is in the racing mafia's interest to have it on TV! It is not there for any altruistic reasons, it is a business decision and besides it gives polis (Peters, Collins, Bennet all spotted there today) a chance to ponce around, eat and drink at other's expense, and pretend they are interested in the welfare of the racing community.

It is basically a wank-fest for a privileged local few who trade amongst themselves, probably pay no sales commissions, and get dribbled over by Rodley, KFE and the other sycophants.( Would love the consummate professional Sheldon Murtha to be fronting the telecast) Why was Leo not sought out after his purchases so that he could drop a few expletives on how he outbid the hierarchy? JMO also.

BTW, the true heart of the Sales will be Books 2 &3 where the toilers of racing will present their stock who have been excluded from Book One, not because of conformation, pedigree or honest endeavour, but because they are not considered part of racing royalty.:P

PS-interesting that out of nearly 300 Lots, only 17 went to HK, 4 to Singapore and 1 to China. Must be a massive increase in local stakes coming.:D

I think you are being to narrow minded...like it or lump it without TA the industry would be in a heap of trouble...much more than it is...and them and any other brave enough to cough up big money in NZ deserves to be congratulated not criticised.

As for the old boys club you are wrong there too, sure the big studs may have a little pull to get a borderline horse in, but other than that Andrew Seabrook runs a good operation...the old days are gone.

This old K1 book is now a mix of both K1 and 2... good on NZB for trying something new... and the reason why not many Chinese here its Chinese New Year so nobody wants to travel away from their families at this time...or very few anyway...poor timing of the sale if you ask me...but just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

It is basically a wank-fest for a privileged local few who trade amongst themselves, probably pay no sales commissions, and get dribbled over by Rodley, KFE and the other sycophants.( Would love the consummate professional Sheldon Murtha to be fronting the telecast) Why was Leo not sought out after his purchases so that he could drop a few expletives on how he outbid the hierarchy? JMO also.

BTW, the true heart of the Sales will be Books 2 &3 where the toilers of racing will present their stock who have been excluded from Book One, not because of conformation, pedigree or honest endeavour, but because they are not considered part of racing royalty.:P

PS-interesting that out of nearly 300 Lots, only 17 went to HK, 4 to Singapore and 1 to China. Must be a massive increase in local stakes coming.:D

what a bitter person you are...…."pay no sales commissions"- you know this how?...…….."excluded from Book 1 not because of conformation, pedigree or honest endeavour"..again you have inspected all those in Books 2 & 3??……….and while your pessimistic dribble must make you happy I think it is positive to see so many NZ Buyers with confidence that things may improve - I counted around 36 individual NZ Buyers including 15 trainers not including Te Akau and Go Racing

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think you are being to narrow minded...like it or lump it without TA the industry would be in a heap of trouble...much more than it is...and them and any other brave enough to cough up big money in NZ deserves to be congratulated not criticised.

As for the old boys club you are wrong there too, sure the big studs may have a little pull to get a borderline horse in, but other than that Andrew Seabrook runs a good operation...the old days are gone.

This old K1 book is now a mix of both K1 and 2... good on NZB for trying something new... and the reason why not many Chinese here its Chinese New Year so nobody wants to travel away from their families at this time...or very few anyway...poor timing of the sale if you ask me...but just my opinion.

Is there any indication betting being legalised in China, if anything if the tariff war hardens I would say legalizing gambling in China  to take T Lee's catchphrase is  way way way down list , shut the gate racing over in China apart from Conghua Training facility. Corruption abounds in tough economic times , China won't stand no nonsense. Have you watched much Chinese racing ? It's utter garbage imho and I think most the big players of world racing have cooled a bit on it slightly Coolmore and Maktoums have tried a few things but seems to have little traction.If the Chinese wanted horses from NZ they'd employ bloodstock agents and instruct them to do the biz imho.

I wouldn't write them off just yet...they have 3 clubs (Wuhan, Yulong & Rider Horse) racing and although there isn't an abundance of racing (1 meeting per week) these 3 have survived for over 3 years now with no betting. Mr Yulong is of course growing huge in Oz and has bought a heap of horses out of Ireland. And I don't think you will see any legalised betting in the short term

28 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

what a bitter person you are...…."pay no sales commissions"- you know this how?...…….."excluded from Book 1 not because of conformation, pedigree or honest endeavour"..again you have inspected all those in Books 2 & 3??……….and while your pessimistic dribble must make you happy I think it is positive to see so many NZ Buyers with confidence that things may improve - I counted around 36 individual NZ Buyers including 15 trainers not including Te Akau and Go Racing

No bitterness, no envy, years of experience, more than grateful for my successes in the industry but fully au fait with how the "system" works , even if you are not. Seen many associates "scorched" ( Chris Cairn's words!) by the racing mafia.( In saying that it was their decision to dance with the devil).

Any forum worth a crumpet has controversy/confrontation/contrary views, but most of all informed opinion, even if it is not PC and offends some delicate petals who are not up for robust debate.

24 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

I wouldn't write them off just yet...they have 3 clubs (Wuhan, Yulong & Rider Horse) racing and although there isn't an abundance of racing (1 meeting per week) these 3 have survived for over 3 years now with no betting. Mr Yulong is of course growing huge in Oz and has bought a heap of horses out of Ireland. And I don't think you will see any legalised betting in the short term

Beijing racecourse ended overnight few years back  , just abandoned . When it ends it ends quick. That lot they brought in Ireland was a job lot I recall reading , not top end horses. It will never grow without gambling , culture so different to Middle East where it's seen as a sport first.

I think biggest hope for China is maybe Conghua running a few offacial meetings , I just going on reading and watching , of course others on here might have the good oil on racing there . I just think pinning hopes on China rescuing racing is a roll of dice , 1 horse so far out of best sale don't scream that they are too keen.

10 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Yulong will have 100 yearlings to sell next year...he has grown huge very quickly....story is he nearly owned our biggest stud too.:rcf-shocked-3:

But Yulong need to buy here  don't they  ? got plenty people trying selling here , it's the buying side the issue . I know they big but players like Pheonix Thoroughbreds and the  Qataris are  ones paying the real  big coin up North ,pushing up the   Maktoums and Coolmore for some top lots .Some of those yearling later in week could go for lower than float fee to Karaka.

48 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

No bitterness, no envy, years of experience, more than grateful for my successes in the industry but fully au fait with how the "system" works , even if you are not. Seen many associates "scorched" ( Chris Cairn's words!) by the racing mafia.( In saying that it was their decision to dance with the devil).

Any forum worth a crumpet has controversy/confrontation/contrary views, but most of all informed opinion, even if it is not PC and offends some delicate petals who are not up for robust debate.

so tell us all how "the system works"...….who is this "mafia"...…...and I agree robust debate is good - what I don't like is bullshit negative statements with no facts to back them up