RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Invercargill Cup

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Peter Jones won on both horses on day one. Hands Down won a lesser race thus graduating to the higher grade in which his stablemate had won on the first day. No idea about goings on in the house bar but I seems unlikely to have been the Invercargill Cup.

The 2 drivers were Bob Cameron and Peter Jones and im sure it was the Invercargill Gold Cup. I remember as one of them said if you like a bet have a few on a horse who was not connected to the stable but which they observed on the first day- for the record,it won on the 2nd day.

To be honest (at least in my opinion) I think the best meeting down here is the Northern Southland Nuggets meeting in March - good stakes and good horses and the club really know how to look after both owners and punters. Invercargill cup day is now no better than any other race day down here.

59 minutes ago, MalcolmH said:

To be honest (at least in my opinion) I think the best meeting down here is the Northern Southland Nuggets meeting in March - good stakes and good horses and the club really know how to look after both owners and punters. Invercargill cup day is now no better than any other race day down here.

Valid observation Malcolm, i would venture to say most meetings down that way are well patronized and have been for many decades. A lot of farmers  who still  like to potter around with a few horses and mares and thus you see a variety of trainers names in each race

5 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

The 2 drivers were Bob Cameron and Peter Jones and im sure it was the Invercargill Gold Cup. I remember as one of them said if you like a bet have a few on a horse who was not connected to the stable but which they observed on the first day- for the record,it won on the 2nd day.

Check the 2019 result on HRNZ website.......click on Race History and you will see every winner and you can check on the field in any year.

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Check the 2019 result on HRNZ website.......click on Race History and you will see every winner and you can check on the field in any year.

Thanks TM. I was working at the Ascot during Uni holidays so that narrows it down

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, what a post said:

Really,what a clever way to prove his point.  Lets run last by 300m and have to get a veterinary clearance so it can run again. He gets an extra $450 to help pay for the vets bill.Good job. Have either of you actually watched its runs in the last 3 weeks? Perhaps you should because you will see it would have no chance in a weak non win race.  Their horse,their choice, which I am judging on its actual performances,nothing else.    You may have done the same ,personally I would not. 

By the way,if the trainer wanted to illustrate the discrepancy in the  pay losers system as you say,what a strange way of going about it. Enter a horse to get the $650,thus proving it works in his case,

Well believe it or not Dunrobin resumed today at Invercargill. Having run last by big margins in its last 5 starts you would have thought  it would be paying over $100. But no,it opens up favorite, and remained favorite at tote close.

Surely this had to be the biggest false favorite in the history of harness racing.  

It ran a distant last again.