RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Travelling to Aus and accessing the NZTAB

The easiest and simplest way is to do it is via your home computer as I am doing from Cairns right now.

Download a programme called Team Viewer onto your home PC before you leave (leave your PC turned on when you go) & downlaod the same programme onto you phone/Laptop or Tablet that you are taking with you.

It take 5 secs to access your home PC and you can browse as like you are sitting at home. Its free, safe and secure.

https://www.teamviewer.com

37 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Worth knowing.  Many would say of course "why would you want to access the NZ TAB.?"

Early fixed odds the day before, futures betting etc, plus you can still watch and hear the races from the TAB feed via  Team Viiewer.

Stacks of reasons.

If just going to Australia for a short time, the NZ TAB website is accessible if your cellphone is going to be on "global roaming" whilst away from NZ. 

If on the Vodafone network, you don't need to set anything up on your cell phone before departing NZ. 

Christ knows why I am helping out the NZ TAB here. Everyone should get themselves an Aussie Ladbrokes account as they are way better than the NZ TAB. 

10 hours ago, barryb said:

The easiest and simplest way is to do it is via your home computer as I am doing from Cairns right now.

Download a programme called Team Viewer onto your home PC before you leave (leave your PC turned on when you go) & downlaod the same programme onto you phone/Laptop or Tablet that you are taking with you.

It take 5 secs to access your home PC and you can browse as like you are sitting at home. Its free, safe and secure.

Does that mean if you turn your device off it resets to the local country. In particular I’d like to accesss on iPad and iPhone - so very interested in this 

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Does that mean if you turn your device off it resets to the local country. In particular I’d like to accesss on iPad and iPhone - so very interested in this 

You leave you PC on at home, link in via Team Viewer and its like sitting at home in NZ in front of your computer. its fast and crystal clear exactly like being back in NZ. 

You Ipad or Iphone will not allow you to acess the NZ TAB, but if you use Team View which is 2 clicks on your phone you can via your home PC. whats displayed on your home PC shows on your phone or Ipad.

I have been placing bets, watching the races, acessing my bank accounts to deposit money onto my Airpoints card which is bloody easy to do as it can be in any currency, much better than using your Credit Card and way cheaper. checking home emails, looking at the home security system etc. Anything you can do on your PC in NZ can be done via Team Viewer, its just a duplicate screen of your home computer.

Watching the Races will display on your home PC as it will on your phone where ever you are as will the sound, do what I have and turn off your screen at home and turn the sound off at home so they only display on your phone of Laptop when overseas.

Trial it in NZ by sitting in another room and acess your PC before you go so you can iron out issues.

I typed all this whislt sitting in a scilian restaurant in Trinity beach Cairns via my computer back in Hamilton.

11 hours ago, barryb said:

The good thing about TeamViewer... when you get a call from the "Windows Technical Department" they'll want you to install TeamViewer first so they can access your computer.... so you'll be able to tell them you have it installed already!!.....:rcfe-nerd-1:

And for the benefit of those who haven't yet had a call from the Windows Technical Department...… they are just another scammer wanting to take your money....

Actually just thinking, is there such a thing as the TAB Technical Department... as I'd give them a similar description.:rcfe-happy-2: