RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
iwmcn

Canterbury Trial Videos

Could I have an explanation please from whoever is responsible as to why videos of the major South Island trials on 9 and 15 January are not available on HRNZs web site some 13 and 7 days later.

To whom should one specifically complain.

This has been the case for well over 12 months now.

I feel the Code is not being well served in this regard.

Chertsey T.C. Tue 22 Jan    
Forbury Park T.C. Sat 19 Jan    
Auckland T.C. Tue 15 Jan vid  
Waikato Bay of Plenty Harness Tue 15 Jan    
North Canterbury TOA Tue 15 Jan    
Invercargill H.R.C. Thu 10 Jan vid  
Mid Canterbury TOA Wed 09 Jan    
Nelson O T B Sun 06 Jan    
Auckland T.C. Sat 05 Jan vid

We are generally pretty well served with videos going up on the same day in recent times from the likes of Ashburton and Rangiora. 

The two dates mentioned are actually quite an easy explain. Staff and resources. At both those times there has been a huge majority of the Canterbury trackside team to be servicing other meetings or circuits and not actually able to be there. 

Race meetings take preference. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them branch out a bit more when possible though, trips to Mot and Methven would be good 

9 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

We are generally pretty well served with videos going up on the same day in recent times from the likes of Ashburton and Rangiora. 

The two dates mentioned are actually quite an easy explain. Staff and resources. At both those times there has been a huge majority of the Canterbury trackside team to be servicing other meetings or circuits and not actually able to be there. 

Race meetings take preference. 

Wouldn't mind seeing them branch out a bit more when possible though, trips to Mot and Methven would be good 

Morning Matt, we dont need to see Methven trials as we have you to divulge whose doing good there. It helps the prices as well if fewer know haha:rcf-happy-7:

You will notice the videos for the 2 Auckland (Pukekohe - why they say Auckland f'd if I know) meetings were up!    Oh yes, done by Magness not Trackside!     Simple answer for for you Cantbs - contract the trials/workouts out and not rely on Trackside who at this time of year too busy with the 3 codes to worry about harness workouts.    

To my knowledge the Ashburton trials were not done by the the TAB but by the locals. There was usually a delay of a few days for them to be posted but for some reason the latest trials were either not videoed or no one has bothered to put them up. It's a shame because I particularly enjoy reviewing the 2 year old trials.

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Morning Matt, we dont need to see Methven trials as we have you to divulge whose doing good there. It helps the prices as well if fewer know haha:rcf-happy-7:

Would you believe me if I said that the TAB pays someone to come and film them. 

Stands above me in the photo finish room, films every heat and videos are sent directly to the bookmakers. 

Ruined many a good price for the last couple of years since they started doing it. 

I'm quite OK with them not coming to Methven for the reason you mentioned - and I don't fancy myself enough as a commentator to want to have them publicly available - but, you would think considering the number of winners that come from there it would be a worthwhile venture for them in terms of providing solid information to the betting public. Justy came once and filmed Trackside at the Trials many years ago. 

47 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Would you believe me if I said that the TAB pays someone to come and film them. 

Stands above me in the photo finish room, films every heat and videos are sent directly to the bookmakers. 

Ruined many a good price for the last couple of years since they started doing it. 

I'm quite OK with them not coming to Methven for the reason you mentioned - and I don't fancy myself enough as a commentator to want to have them publicly available - but, you would think considering the number of winners that come from there it would be a worthwhile venture for them in terms of providing solid information to the betting public. Justy came once and filmed Trackside at the Trials many years ago. 

I remember that and wasnt it just before he got necked by a current presenter

19 hours ago, iwmcn said:

Could I have an explanation please from whoever is responsible as to why videos of the major South Island trials on 9 and 15 January are not available on HRNZs web site some 13 and 7 days later.

To whom should one specifically complain.

This has been the case for well over 12 months now.

I feel the Code is not being well served in this regard.

Chertsey T.C. Tue 22 Jan    
Forbury Park T.C. Sat 19 Jan    
Auckland T.C. Tue 15 Jan vid  
Waikato Bay of Plenty Harness Tue 15 Jan    
North Canterbury TOA Tue 15 Jan    
Invercargill H.R.C. Thu 10 Jan vid  
Mid Canterbury TOA Wed 09 Jan    
Nelson O T B Sun 06 Jan    
Auckland T.C. Sat 05 Jan vid

Note that 15 January videos are now posted but not 9 January.

I dont accept the excuse that resources are an excuse for not posting the major trials as they and race dates are pre notified well in advance.?

Responsible or proactive managers knowing this can happen would plan for this  and outsource to cover the bottleneck.

Failing that let the Code manage this process and give them a subsidy to do so.?

More exposure would generate more turnover.?

Can the TAB / HRNZ give us an assurance that in future major trials at least can be posted earlier.?