RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Amati Nidol

2019 Southland Harness

Monday harness meeting in the South just to mix things up today. Credit to Bruce Stewart for his contribution through www.southlandharness.co.nz as he previews every Southland meeting.

R6 No. 5
Balcatherine; won on debut at Christmas. Has come back and ran a beautiful workout at Wyndham on Nov 12. Will win the Ladyship today at $1.70. FF

R4 No. 7
Robbie Royale; massive drop in grade from Thursday. Close back up and smaller track are two reasons to remain in control of investments, but on ability he would win this easily. $4.80 FF

R1 No. 10
Whatwillbeewillbee; raced well until finding tight-quarters on Thursday at Wyndham. Much like RR the smaller track and quick backup could be negative factors, but I would not be surprised if this horse won four by season's end. $7.00 FF but tote may be better

24 minutes ago, Amati Nidol said:

Monday harness meeting in the South just to mix things up today. Credit to Bruce Stewart for his contribution through www.southlandharness.co.nz as he previews every Southland meeting.

R6 No. 5
Balcatherine; won on debut at Christmas. Has come back and ran a beautiful workout at Wyndham on Nov 12. Will win the Ladyship today at $1.70. FF

R4 No. 7
Robbie Royale; massive drop in grade from Thursday. Close back up and smaller track are two reasons to remain in control of investments, but on ability he would win this easily. $4.80 FF

R1 No. 10
Whatwillbeewillbee; raced well until finding tight-quarters on Thursday at Wyndham. Much like RR the smaller track and quick backup could be negative factors, but I would not be surprised if this horse won four by season's end. $7.00 FF but tote may be better

I like the Scarlet in r4 so maybe its quinella time and on exposed form and workouts Balcatherine looks the goods

12 minutes ago, Amati Nidol said:

No. Workout on Jan 12 was ordinary.
In saying that the Hope's are sharp trainers and will have had a couple more hopple runs to sharpen up

Thats the way to tell it Amati. Your tipster looks to be having s good day , yet again.

Newmarket did some study. Again Ross Hope is an astute trainer. Your oil may be worth following.
Jabali has only had 4 workouts (no trials) since August 2017 to prepare him for races. Each occasion Jabali has run 2nd next outing at the races.
Jan 12 2019 Workout 4th. Racing today 9 days later.
Nov 3 2018 Workout 3rd. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd by a head.
Aug 18 2018 Workout 5th. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd.
Aug 19 2017 Workout 3rd. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd.

57 minutes ago, Amati Nidol said:

Newmarket did some study. Again Ross Hope is an astute trainer. Your oil may be worth following.
Jabali has only had 4 workouts (no trials) since August 2017 to prepare him for races. Each occasion Jabali has run 2nd next outing at the races.
Jan 12 2019 Workout 4th. Racing today 9 days later.
Nov 3 2018 Workout 3rd. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd by a head.
Aug 18 2018 Workout 5th. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd.
Aug 19 2017 Workout 3rd. Raced 8 days later and ran 2nd.

Given the way the race was run and where snowball ended up 3 back the fence it ran not bad for 4th.

Congrats to your tipster3-3 and a 8 and 7 dollar shot.

Invercargill Cup Day - Sat 26 Jan
Looks a nice card of competitive racing. Rain is forecast to hit for the features. But hoping to have plenty of TABs cash before then.
Winner: R3 Strong Enough. Beaten by stablemate on debut, where SE was the favourite. Stablemate franked the form by running second next up.

Winner: R6 Mighty Flying Art. Quality 3yo, he was massive making ground wide out last start on slick last sections. 4th in Nov SS Final. 

Place: R1 Dipendra. Huge drop in class. Go back to his run on 27 Dec at Gore and on that effort he is in this up to his eyeballs.
Place: R11 Kansas City Jim. Call me crazy. Drew wide and pulled back to last, never trailed a horse to feel big and bold, but still ran on wide and kept giving.

Addington Tonight: Raksbet is in a good space and she won very well last start.  3YO SS Heat Winner, now ready to reach her potential. 

Pretty stoked with form so far for 2019, but two meetings is not a large body of work to make conclusions about.
Total Tips: 8
Win Tips: 6 with 4 winners. Collect $14.40
Place Tips: 2. Collect $13.90
Each Way: 0

We head to Wyndham on Thursday for an 8 race twilight card. 
I like a couple for the day but not uber confident
Race 4: Win #6 Clifton Flutter. Cost me a nice collect when he didn't handle the atrocious weather conditions last start. The run was excellent around his two gallops.
Race 3: Each Way #6 Mighty George. Need to see him tuck in and get cover until the 300m. He can finish on beautifully and could have too much speed for these maidens to hold out.
Race 2:  Each Way #9 Don't Need An Excuse. Really like this horse and I think the Canterbury trial form is hollow (track was lightning that day). Need luck from the draw.

1 hour ago, Amati Nidol said:

Pretty stoked with form so far for 2019, but two meetings is not a large body of work to make conclusions about.
Total Tips: 8
Win Tips: 6 with 4 winners. Collect $14.40
Place Tips: 2. Collect $13.90
Each Way: 0

We head to Wyndham on Thursday for an 8 race twilight card. 
I like a couple for the day but not uber confident
Race 4: Win #6 Clifton Flutter. Cost me a nice collect when he didn't handle the atrocious weather conditions last start. The run was excellent around his two gallops.
Race 3: Each Way #6 Mighty George. Need to see him tuck in and get cover until the 300m. He can finish on beautifully and could have too much speed for these maidens to hold out.
Race 2:  Each Way #9 Don't Need An Excuse. Really like this horse and I think the Canterbury trial form is hollow (track was lightning that day). Need luck from the draw.

Love your work Amati, your picks a re first class and have been since you arrived. Keep em up even if you hit a down patch as they are compulsory when punting:rcfe-happy-1:

Messing with Steve Davis' quote a little.
At Wyndham today "Back the want you want, not the one that's tipped!" 

Keith Moore is a quality horseman. When I see he has a horse in, I take notice and do my study. Only usually has one or two horses, and he does not race if he hasn't got a show of winning. 

Each Way: Race 4 Gabbys Magic (13) ran a pretty tidy debut race at Wyndham on Jan 17. Has been well schooled, mum won 5, and two older brothers won 7 between them. 

Each Way: Race 5 Franco June (1) won last start and draws 1 again. There are major holes in the current form of the three favourites, so I am prepared to have a nice look at this $11 shot