RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Des Coppin's Radio show tomorrow

What about that  gutless John fronting  at Trentham today. A CEO ? The bloke on a $900K  + salary who can not tell us how much the new TAB

Platform actually cost.Really?

I have emailed him a copy of the following.

Some of you may have more to add to my email about the new "platform"  ( where do they pluck these words from? It's a bloody bunch of numbers and algerisms).

Email reads:

Cheers Des for your very brave front last Sunday.

After reading Bruce Sherwin's  Informant opinion I would add my own:

The disgraceful interview and attitude by    John Allen at Trentham today  Wellington Cup Day highlighted the Racing Board's head in the sand attititude to this $45 million Platform.
( Do we Know the TRUE Cost ?).
Muted to start last year, John Allen enthused today  that modifications would be happening.
He looked like a man on steriods or a very high Caffine intake. A CEO ? NO !
The new site and all the promo reminds me of a 2019 Audio SUV with a 1973 Skoda  1.6 engine.

My Points and questions are:

a. Did the TAB look at the functional design of the HKJC  racing website ? Designed  and used by millions. 
    Who were the website designers with Racing expertise from Australia, HKong and England  that had input ?
    Was  Paul Daley consulted ? 

Racenet ,Australia have so many instant clickable form, jockey, trainers links. The new TAB NZ site lacks information and speed.
  It  is antiquated.
    Who from the TAB client base was asked to trial the website before it's delayed launching ?
    How many of your $40k a year turn over clients did you  ask.
    How many  clients  were asked who have a weekly turnover of $20 ?
b. Why isn't the new site directly linked to our new "I loveracing " website ?  ( Breeding, Trainers details ,)
c. The PDF format form references are packed with info. They are brilliant. Change of Stable/ owners/ barrier trials.Dam sire breeding.
    But they are 1985 tech stuff. We need the information on the click of a horses' name.
    Look at Racenet or The HKJC website !
d. There is no Trials information on the main site.
e.  There are no over head Race Track pics, circumference length of straight   and winning barrier positions for each race.
     Direction of track. Barrier stats for distance.

-- 

image.png
f. No direct audio link to Radio Track side. The one through the NZracing site is very poor quality.
g. The launch did not include a scratching Page ! That was the high light for Allen's Trentham broadcast today. We are working on it !!
h. The time delay is a major issue. Bruce in his Informant piece was about right.. today 9 seconds.
    Last night with Aussie Women's Tennis about 15 seconds. !! If you want Clients to bet  In Play you go In Play !
i. Sports: I Can only appraise the Aussie Tennis. Where are the Player profiles ? Where are the Seed rankings? Where are their  World rankings ?
   If this Platform cost 40 million I would expect to click on S Halep vs V Williams and get information to make a judgement.
   I shouldnt need to go to Aussietennis.com/profile.

j. When will the new TAB site enable me to have a Multi with a horse at Te Rapa tomorrow into a Horse racing in HK tomorrow ?
K. When will full commingling of all exotic bets ( Quins/ Trifectas/first fours ) happen with Hong Kong, Australia Singapore ?

Des.....If I get on line tomorrow these are some of our " issues " these blokes must address.

Revel Somervell

Revell I agree with most of your points.....

However you are off beam on several areas. PDF's are not 1980's stuff. Their main purpose is for printing nothing else. Trials information is present on them. Its not the function of TAB to present detailed information. Why ask them to duplicate costs when its the role of NZTR, HRNZ etc to maintain all the data. On top of that there are plenty websites displaying various formats of data. Lets not get lazy. Its not hard to make a favourite and quickly cross over from one web site to the another.

The issue with TAB website should be focussed on the ease of placing a bet. They have made it extremely harder.

Hong Kong Jockey club have been mindful of the needs of cloud computing and have no doubt built up expertise over recent years. Rather than sucking up to the parasitic UK bookmakers NZTAB should have explored ways of cooperating with Hong Kong whose structure is more in line with NZ TAB ownership. 

9 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

He looked like a man on steriods or a very high Caffine intake. A CEO ? NO !

when I saw the interview,  at first I thought it was a public health warning to show what happens if you drink 10 cans of Red Bull before lunchtime!

A muppet from the TAB is on Des' show at the moment and reckons he is happy with the transition from the previous website, to the current one.

For as long as we have units like this guy within the powers that be, NZ racing is poked. 

He is so dry and boring. He starts his answers to every question with; "So....." 

Sack him. And the others. Start again.