RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Well Done Team Pitman

Just now, uneasy said:

No show

Ferrando 16

Sensei 17

Fair point hard one to argue against , well done to your stable . Puts some life in racing down south.

Once you finish the party , I'd guess it's a deserved big one can you put up the answer to number open class horses, be interesting to know.

Don't tend to take to much notice of the presenters, and the 2nd and 3rd horse did put up big runs from wide draws, deserved a better fate to be honest, I guess that's just the luck of the draw, but I know where I'd rather be.

11 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

It isn't Auckland. You can win the Telegraph from out there. She wasn't good enough. The trackside presenters talked her up as a certainty, so they obviously weren't worried about the barrier draw.

A good reason for leaving her out WD.....price was way too short for that draw.

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

A good reason for leaving her out WD.....price was way too short for that draw.

She was clearly massive unders at around $2.20 or whatever the starting quote was. Makes you wonder though about the different standards in operation...imagine a G1 Sprint in Aussie with a $2 fave that ran that badly. 

There would be serious 'please explains' from the stipes. 

No surprises really, and congrats to the winner. I was NEARLY smart enough to back it.....

20 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Had to chuckle at Waddell's comment that Melody Belle " couldn't handle the existing track conditions".....

Translation - she couldn't run 1.06.8 that the winner did.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I was surprised he said she didn't handle the track, since the Railway was run on a Good 3 from memory?

No doubt she'll keep for another day.

Has anything surfaced subsequently re Melody Belle? Did she have the Thumps? Arythmia? Elevated heart rate??? Anything irregular at all?? Seems an unbelievably bad run from a $2 shot in a G1 - Jason stopped riding a full 200m from home -  and yet it seems nothing has happened?? 

Cheers L. I agree it was the right thing for him to stop riding when it was obvious she was not travelling well enough...just somewhat surprised at his comment about track surface I guess... I almost expected him to say he was concerned about her for some other reason....appreciate you checking...