poundforpound

Help me please

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

To be an expert witness you’ve got to be a fucking expert, not an also ran who’s done nothing of note.

So what makes you such an expert on experts then?

Who says you need to be an expert driver to be an expert on race-fixing or cheating in general?

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

To be an expert witness you’ve got to be a fucking expert, not an also ran who’s done nothing of note.

Nigel McIntyre - General Manager Stewards     [email protected]       021 1901908

Surely he must know something about the game to get that position..might i suggest that we all  leave it to judge/jury to decide these Harness cases

2 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

So what makes you such an expert on experts then?

Who says you need to be an expert driver to be an expert on race-fixing or cheating in general?

Oh I see, you’re suggesting McIntyre is an expert in race fixing and cheating.......I presume then that whilst he was apparently a near useless driver he has been a skilled race fixer and cheat.

Can you expand on that for me please ?

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Oh I see, you’re suggesting McIntyre is an expert in race fixing and cheating.......I presume then that whilst he was apparently a near useless driver he has been a skilled race fixer and cheat.

Can you expand on that for me please ?

That comment explains why the last guys you "assisted" decided to plead guilty!

1 hour ago, Taku Umanga said:

That comment explains why the last guys you "assisted" decided to plead guilty!

The last guys I assisted faced serious charges but escaped without any penalty fuckwit.....get your facts right......but this is not about me, this is about bringing racing into disrepute, human trophy hunting, and an industry funded witch hunt as a small group of increasingly irrelevant ex policeman who lack industry knowledge drive a hysterical campaign that to date, based on the evidence discovered, has no basis or justification and is completely out of proportion.

The only positive likely to come out of this is that the RIU will be made accountable for driving this shameful witch-hunt, and hopefully heads will roll within that fucked up organisation.

I should maybe add that the RIU is said to be trying to find someone credible from within the harness community to “break ranks” and testify against the alleged race fixers, the only problem being they can’t find anyone who’ll do it because there was no race fixing.

Meantime one member of the RIU salaried staff ( who has baggage ) is approaching industry identities claiming “ we know your phone was used to ring the anonymous Police Crime Stoppers line, or the RIU 0800dobinyourmates line, so let’s have a chat, tell us what you know”

These phone lines are anonymous FFS and the RIU is extracting information and numbers from them !!

In addition one of the ex cops who works for the RIU, and who thinks he’s tough, is running around demanding those charged release their discovered evidence to the RIU so the RIU can use it to apply to the JCA to suspend the licenses of those charged.

This is amateur keystone cop stuff and when this story goes mainstream in the media ( it will ) you’ll understand what a farce this is and how incompetent the RIU is.

A 5 star posting Poundforpound. I too have seen some of the evidence. What I have seen is farcical. The defendant I know has no case to answer.  What right have the RIU to demand evidence from the defendants. The question I would like answered is why is it only the drivers that are being chased. Why are the trainers who have been charged able to continue racing horses without restriction. I'm not advocating for this to happen but I can't see the difference between a driver driving at the races or a trainer racing a horse. The whole saga is a disgraceful travesty of justice.

21 minutes ago, Stables said:

The question I would like answered is why is it only the drivers that are being chased. Why are the trainers who have been charged able to continue racing horses without restriction. I'm not advocating for this to happen but I can't see the difference between a driver driving at the races or a trainer racing a horse. The whole saga is a disgraceful travesty of justice.

Roughly speaking the original bans were re not going on course which allowed the trianers to essentially continue at home. Drivers obviously need to be on course to maximise their income.

I just watched the advertisement on Trackside for the 0800RIU123.....the dob in ya mates hotline......and the hilarious closing line “anonymity guaranteed”.....yeah right....until Peter Lamb taps you on the shoulder and tells you “we know you’ve rung the hotline, now spill your guts”....

It’s time to clean out the RIU and all the rotten habits they’ve developed.

Thanks Kotare Hunter, I find that explanation to be a bit bizare. The trainer is allowed to race horses but can't go to the races. His name appears in the race book, therefore to the general public a person facing criminal charges is still allowed to train and race horses. The public have no idea if the trainer is on course or not. The fact is that none of the people facing charges have been found guilty as things stand at the moment. Therefore they should not have any penalties imposed upon them. If any of them are found guilty, which I think is unlikely, the obviously penalties can and would be imposed on them, but until that happens they should be left alone. They are all, already suffering under a heavy financial burden in order to fund their defense of farcical charges.

35 minutes ago, Stables said:

Thanks Kotare Hunter, I find that explanation to be a bit bizare. The trainer is allowed to race horses but can't go to the races. His name appears in the race book, therefore to the general public a person facing criminal charges is still allowed to train and race horses. The public have no idea if the trainer is on course or not. The fact is that none of the people facing charges have been found guilty as things stand at the moment. Therefore they should not have any penalties imposed upon them.

Bizarre and Knee Jerk reactions are comfortable bed pals.

Ironically from an organisational standpoint I am pretty sure the allegations relate to off course activity.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Thanks Kotare Hunter, I find that explanation to be a bit bizare. The trainer is allowed to race horses but can't go to the races. His name appears in the race book, therefore to the general public a person facing criminal charges is still allowed to train and race horses. The public have no idea if the trainer is on course or not. The fact is that none of the people facing charges have been found guilty as things stand at the moment. Therefore they should not have any penalties imposed upon them. If any of them are found guilty, which I think is unlikely, the obviously penalties can and would be imposed on them, but until that happens they should be left alone. They are all, already suffering under a heavy financial burden in order to fund their defense of farcical charges.

Dead right, and the defendants have rights under The Bill Of Rights ( take note RIU & JCA )

What’s more when these defendants have these orchestrated charges thrown out of court will the RIU / industry be happy to compensate these guys for their legal fees ( which range from $120k to $300k I’m told ).

IMO this is a cynical ploy by the RIU to justify their existence in the face of the Messara report criticism....all fueled by a civil dispute...and the licensees are the victims, along with the whole industry which has been dragged through the mud.

I make these comments based on the discovered evidence, and I acknowledge that it’s possible the Police have more compelling evidence, but only time will tell if that’s the case.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, poundforpound said:

This is about being an expert witness.....you can’t be an expert if you’re not one, and the data provided suggests the driver in question was more suited to other activities rather than professional driving.

Facts are facts, and the facts say he’s anything but an expert 

P4P from my 40 odd years in the legal field an expert witness is someone who has at least 20 years working in their chosen field of expertise. Less than that and they become known as an ex spirt or  what is euphamistically called "a drip under pressure".